Losing weight

-
Mine is black vinyl and because of my cage is kinda tore up on the left hand side where I "drop" down into the seat. I also carry my pocket knife in the left pocket so that probably dont help.

That VFN dash weighs 6 lbs and my stripped out stock dash weighed 35 lbs.
Plus it's weight loss in the correct part of the car.
Tom

Did you make that or buy it. I was going to just use a Jerry Bickell carbon fiber tube on that bar as the Kirkey seat will not let your leg hit the bar in a crash I think lol.
That was in the car when I bought it.

My aluminum dash with ultra light gauges weighs, I dont know? 3 pounds?
20170507_184403_zpswwm0jpzd.jpg

Man you guys are getting serious. I’m putting myself on a diet. It’s either that or I’ll have to winch my car in the trailer because my belly won’t fit through the window to climb in and out.

They do say the easiest place to cut weight is by changing out the driver....

:)

Fill the tires with helium and switch to DOT5 blinker fluid. DOT 5 is a lighter weight and gives you 10 time the response out of a properly tuned blinker system.

See now me, I just dont run blinkers at all. That's four less wires, no flashers and zero blinker fluid, think how much weight I saved with that little mod alone!

Sometimes if I think the guy next to me has a chance I pull over and drop the drain plug on the pan, that saves me 3-4 pounds of oil and i have zero windage.

Just good for thought, what works for me may not be for everyone.

:lol:

Fill the tires with helium and switch to DOT5 blinker fluid. DOT 5 is a lighter weight and gives you 10 time the response out of a properly tuned blinker system.

See now me, I just dont run blinkers at all. That's four less wires, no flashers and zero blinker fluid, think how much weight I saved with that little mod alone!

Sometimes if I think the guy next to me has a chance I pull over and drop the drain plug on the pan, that saves me 3-4 pounds of oil and i have zero windage.

Just good for thought, what works for me may not be for everyone.

Well being that I added weight going back to steel doors and working windows I stick my arm out for making turns. This also helps slow down my car from wind resistance so I now back my brake adjusters off making for less drag. You gotta think outside the box.

Wow!
That's on the list now.
Maybe for next year though
My vfn dash will likely get installed during the Christmas break.
We will be installing it will dzeus fasteners.
I went with the vfn because it more or less looks like a Dodge Dart dash. Just gonna put 4 gauges in it and that's it.
35 pounds lighter, wow.

Wow, I got a disagree on that post?

That's ok I'll just keep all these super secret tuning tips to my self.

That guy probably hasn't rotated the air in his tires lately either.

Jeez

:rolleyes::BangHead::realcrazy:

Wow, I got a disagree on that post?

That's ok I'll just keep all these super secret tuning tips to my self.

That guy probably hasn't rotated the air in his tires lately either.

Jeez

:rolleyes::BangHead::realcrazy:
Well I kinda got a red and black theme going on my car so I thought a black seat cover with red belt and red window net carried that on.
Lol

It wasn't you that hit disagree. It was some one else. I think he thought I was seriously draining my oil out pre race?

I made it.
I do custom aluminum work on the side.
My dash
imagejpeg_0_zpsphjrcxgp.jpg

My seat delete
20170607_201139_zpsrcmfotut.jpg

My package tray.
20170509_204913_zps7pwqih7n.jpg

My pro stock wing.

20180517_190208_zpsfyfztphg.jpg

Scoop trim ring
20180817_170609_zpslawx77a0.jpg

You get the idea. Full one off custom stuff.

20180817_170609_zpslawx77a0.jpg

My entire Interior and more is all done. All our cars have it. People always ask who made it. When I say I did they say "I want that in my car" until they hear the price...

Like they think that **** is easy or cheep?
:rolleyes::realcrazy:

-
Back