Lost Interest... to sell or not to sell?????

-

Sublime69

Reaction score
So this is the first time I have been on this forum in about 2 year.. and i haven't driven my 69 Dart in about that long too... The rear end broke.. i bought a CTS-V and just lost interest in it...

Tossing around the idea of selling it...Should i sell it or not?????

What do you guys think? What do you think i can actually get for it?

Its a 69 Dart swinger

Originally a slant 6, now a 318 with an intercooled procharger.

A lot of money in the motor. (Aluminum heads, custom blower cam, forged pistons, 750 blow through carb... so much more)

18" boyd coddington wheels

Front disk conversion

Built 904 trans

Blown 7 1/4! haha comes with an 8 3/4 ( but needs axles to fit the wheels)

Fuel system good for 1000 hp. ( aeromotive a1000 pump) All braded steel lines.

There's more too...

So this is the first time I have been on this forum in about 2 year.. and i haven't driven my 69 Dart in about that long too... The rear end broke.. i bought a CTS-V and just lost interest in it...

Tossing around the idea of selling it...Should i sell it or not?????

What do you guys think?

Don't do.it man! It takes a lot. of work to get a car looking as good as that (and it does look GREAT). Anybody can get a CTS but not everybody has something as different and unique as your Dart. I've had my Swinger 340. Since 1981 and quite frankly (although I've thought about it) I would never sell it because I know howmuch work and money went into it an I probably would never do it again. Think long and hard about it before you decide my friend. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I think your nuts if you sell. A) the market is terrible and B) that is a bad azz ride!!
fix what it needs and rock that thang!!!!!!!
Nice ride!!! Good Luck

You can't compare a CTS (or any newer performance car for that matter) to an older car.
If you've lost interest in the dart, fix it and pass it on to someone who will enjoy it.

That is an awesome car. You won't get near what its worth due to the economy and the fact that the rear is blown. I would hold on to it till at least when the market is better, but in the mean time. I would get the new rear built and put in. Then you may change your mind. :)

whats wrong with the rear end? what kind...8 3/4, 8 1/4,??? Lot of guys on here, im sure we can come up with something, that car is way bad looking, dont even think of getting rid of it, not even a question... IMO

Doug

The CTS-V will never hold its value unless you store it for 30 years. Your pictured Dart is probably holding or gaining in value every day. Its tough, I would say non-op it,stash it and forget about it until your CTS-V is just another 556 HP sedan(wow..hard to put that down) ....Hey, it may go the Grand National route and be an instant classic?

Store the car. It isn't costing you anything to hold on to it. Once it is gone and the day comes back (And it will) where you feel the need to drive a nice barbaric style car again, something you put together, something you did, something fun without worry, you'll not have it and then, then you will realize that you will miss it and probably not do another one due to the expense of the first one has now risen to a level where you can do another one like it.

Classic/Antique car Insurance is cheap to maintain legal issues with it.

Ok, usually when some one tells me that they are loosing interest I will say:
"That is normal take a break"
But after two years your break is over. time to get back that loving feeling.

Thats an Awesome ride. Dont sell
Step one drive it.
Step two Get your tail to some car shows.

Just drive it to your local auto parts store or gas station and open the hood, pretend to check the oil. Notice the attention you draw. That always helped me get into it.

I agree! And i have had this car since i was a senior in hs (1999)... i just hate people that have cars and dont drive them..

Seems like such an easy fix though.....changing the rear end. You'd lose a lot by selling it with a blown-up rear anyway.

Don't sell at this point you be lucky to get $.50 on the $1.00 what you have in it and as soon as its gone you will be kicking yourself in the A##. I am talking from experince I let a few get away including a real 69 GTS 340 dart and a real 67 fb formula s 383 numbers matching 4 speed barracuda AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like such an easy fix though.....changing the rear end. You'd lose a lot by selling it with a blown-up rear anyway.

Agreed! Have Dr. Diff or Moser build you a nice rearend and enjoy it again!

if everything is already together, just measure your rear wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface, then send that into Strange Eng. for an S60 housing with disc brakes, detroit locker, and standard mopar offset, then your done....:D awesome car!

heck i would throw a nice 8.75 in it and a fast xfi... and drive the thing like 2 times a week from may to october.

if you lost interest then sell it... can't keep everything..

its having trans issues now too right?

That pic looks surreal like a Norman Rockwell or something. How did you get that effect?

Well I for one am a sentimental guy. My Dart has a long history with me and my wife,so I could never sell based on that reason alone. The way I lok at it is this;if you sell and a week later open the garage door and your babies gone,you'll start kicking yourself.

Just store it and work on it when the interest comes back.

That's about where I am. Everytime I look at my project I get sick to my stomach. It shouldn't be like that.

Sweet looking Dart.
One thing is for sure, you´ll regret that you sold it, if you do.

Oh man your car is not the average ho hum run of the mill Dart. You have lots of money and time invested in it just keep in the garage and when the sun shines warm put your 8 3/4 in and go to some shows or cruises. Your problems will be over you just need a break.

Fix it and keep it. In the next ten years the fact that you've had it since high school will start to mean a lot to you.

-
Back