M-Code Cuda barn find

-

HemiSSDart

Dartus Interuptus
Reaction score
Inspected a true barn find today, been in the barn for almost 40 years! Will be for sale soon, the owner is finally ready to let it go, here is a teaser picture. Completely original except of missing parts that were taken over 40 years ago when sitting in a field. Still has the original exhaust manifolds!

69 Cuda barn find.jpg

Amazing! We anxiously await the details when you can share them.

Very cool car! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Makes ya wonder just how many old high end Mopars are sitting in Illinoisy pole barns out on the farms!!!! Cool find!!!!

MY funny tale. About '98 or'99. NE Missouri, I had a friend of a friend tell me about one of these beasts, the guy that owned it since new, had pulled the #s engine and rebuilt it, the body had been repainted a few years prior and was great, interior pretty decent, and demanded $10000 for it. BUT it was missing those hood scoops and 10 grand was a decent amount of $ plus it had headers. I knew it a worth the price, but I did not want to have to scrape up that extra $3,4000 I was lacking and tell the WIFE I just gave that for the car. I had sold my shop a few years prior and had no place to hide it!! Plus where would I ever find those darn scoops!!??? :rofl: :steering: :BangHead::BangHead:

Is the 440 Cuda Y2 yellow? How is it for rust?
Does the engine turn or stuck?

cool car thanks for posting

Is the 440 Cuda Y2 yellow? How is it for rust?
Does the engine turn or stuck?

cool car thanks for posting
Yes, Y2 yellow. Needs lower quarter on drivers side, complete passenger quarter, and has a little rust through on the inner fenders at the top rear. No idea if the engine is stuck, I would say yes but I didn't try and turn it, been sitting for 40 years.

IMG_20231205_173700113_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231205_173718174_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231205_173733862_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231205_173752065_HDR.jpg

Good thing it was saved, in the 80’s cars hit in the quarter like this were scrapped out.

Nice find!

Question on the bulkhead connector area. Mine has black cloth tape around the connectors, seems like it was to keep wires from getting close to exhaust manifold. The picture of this area seems to have something routing the engine bay harnesses away. Anything like this?

It took me years to find the correct transmission kick down linkage for mine. The levers are specific to big block A-bodies.

Yes, Y2 yellow. Needs lower quarter on drivers side, complete passenger quarter, and has a little rust through on the inner fenders at the top rear. No idea if the engine is stuck, I would say yes but I didn't try and turn it, been sitting for 40 years.

View attachment 1716175190

View attachment 1716175191

View attachment 1716175192

View attachment 1716175193
Hummm , I assume the vin is a N right? Why would the engine be blue? Also left side m code engine mount doesn’t look correct to me..is it? Too high… looks like 383 mount.

Hummm , I assume the vin is a N right? Why would the engine be blue? Also left side m code engine mount doesn’t look correct to me..is it? Too high… looks like 383 mount.
Engine is orange, the valve covers were taken so later model covers were put on to keep the rodents out. M-Code, not N. Engine mount is correct, the engine has never been out of the car...

Engine is orange, the valve covers were taken so later model covers were put on to keep the rodents out. M-Code, not N. Engine mount is correct, the engine has never been out of the car...
Opps typo,,,very cool find,,,,show more pics of left side mount if you would… do they differ from darts?

-
Back