• Front suspension2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 621
  • Front suspension3.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 622
  • Front suspension4.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 629
  • Front suspension.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 641
I was just going to order new offset bushings and ball joints for the 66 Cuda. Shoot me a price too please.

I am also going to make a set with just straight arms and factory style bushings that will be cheap. Over the next couple of days I will make those jigs.

Is it possible to do a straight arm with rod ends instead of the standard bushings? Might be nice for those of us that need the extra alignment adjustment without having to go offset bushings.

Is it possible to do a straight arm with rod ends instead of the standard bushings? Might be nice for those of us that need the extra alignment adjustment without having to go offset bushings.

The arms that I am building with the straight arms and factory style bushings will have additional caster built into the arms, meaning they will be built in the jig with the ball joint moved rearward. I just want to build something simple and inexpensive and guys could have no problems finding replacement bushings for down the road. The bent ones like above require quite a bit of machining to make.

Wow John, those look amazing. I see you have your sway bar now too. Can't wait to see it on the road.

I dont know if it was stated before, but will these accept stock mopar ball joints? I see that you are also using 5204 coil overs and a 400 pound spring I believe. I know that you stated that you can use J bars which I have and I also have the inner fender brace. But I was wondering is the triangulated coil brace best along with the J bars? Or what is the optimal setup? And you feel that these are all good for a 1/2 street 1/2 track car right? Thanks John Appreciate all your work and time you take to answer my questions and others.

I dont know if it was stated before, but will these accept stock mopar ball joints? I see that you are also using 5204 coil overs and a 400 pound spring I believe. I know that you stated that you can use J bars which I have and I also have the inner fender brace. But I was wondering is the triangulated coil brace best along with the J bars? Or what is the optimal setup? And you feel that these are all good for a 1/2 street 1/2 track car right? Thanks John Appreciate all your work and time you take to answer my questions and others.

They do take the stock ball joint and can be used with a coilover or just a shock with a torsion bar setup. I think that I answered your other questions in a PM.

Like I said earlier I am working on something big and will only be a little bit more money than having a shop rebuild your stock upper control arms. They will come with factory style rubber bushings and use a factory style ball joint. They will be cheap cheap cheap.

Here is what I have been working on. Keep in mind that this is the very first set. These have an extra 5 degrees of positive caster engineered into them and use a factory style rubber bushing that I will press in. My plan is to run an ad in Mopar Muscle within the next couple of months selling these for $200 with bushings and ball joint in bare metal and $230 powder coated. That is $100 cheaper than any other manufacturer. I actually mocked these up on my coilover setup on my Barracuda and they cleared the coilovers, who would have thought?

Attachments

• Straight arms.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 458
  • Straight arms2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 460
just my humble 2 cents... but since your lowers have a "curve" design to them maybe you should try that with the uppers to make it like a "set" if that makes sense!

-
Back