Making power out of the 318

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus that intake is tall.. is that the normal height? There is a entire 6bbl setup for sale on FBMP... $3000... just.. nope, would like to run one though just to do it
Yes a stock 340six pack Eddie is that tall.
The picture is of mock up to make sure fit right in case something needed milled to fit right.
He also did a great job porting it.
Here's is a side view of hight.

20200807_155906.jpg

Last edited:
Yes a stock 340six pack Eddie is that tall.
The picture is of mock up to make sure fit right in case something needed milled to fit right.
He also did a great job porting it.
I'm a little jealous

I agree. A lot of people start there.
Not all of us stay there.
When I started going to the track, I quickly decided ET, MPH in the traps was how I wsa going to evaluate high performance.
Reality over many autocrosses and of course years of street driving, evolved into much more interest in torque off the corners.
Road course same thing except more so.
I just meant it's usually time based, like how fast you can do a lap, the only one that I can think of that's is not time based is top speed, then the answer is no a 100 mph ain't performance for an family sedan.

I think there should be an entire forum just for 318 related posts

I am curious.. with the smaller stroke of the 318 what would a very safe theoretical RPM be on stock rods/bolts? Or with good rods/bolts.. does the shorter stroke let you get a little nuts with the rpm?

Please post the info where they give away new free aftermarket high performace auto parts.
The rest of would like some too.
Sorry, but there's no free ride. I'm going to tell you why I said that I didn't cost him any money what so ever and hopefully you'll be able to understand it, he asked me what I would do if it was my car and I told him. Just because I said what I would do doesn't mean that he has to go out and buy it, he has his own mind. The choice of buying a different carb / intake was totally on him.

Somebody would still mention going to a 360. I don't believe all of the 318 haters on here
Not so bad mentioning/suggesting 360, it’s when they won’t stop and trashing the thread of cause of it, a lot of times it is sound advice but if the OP don’t care for whatever reason, then help with the mission on hand

Wait.. there are people that think a 360 is better than a 318?

In all seriousness though.. if a 360 is better due to the 42 extra cubes whats the point of doing anything other than a 440? I mean.. even a hemi has less cubes so it must be worse? Also.. since a alum head BB is barely heavier than a small block why even play with small blocks?

In all seriousness though.. if a 360 is better due to the 42 extra cubes whats the point of doing anything other than a 440? I mean.. even a hemi has less cubes so it must be worse? Also.. since a alum head BB is barely heavier than a small block why even play with small blocks?
Why stop with an aluminum 440. Tom has a 500+ aluminum wedge in his car. :BangHead: :BangHead: :lol:

1618547_280472632102867_1774693259_n.jpg

Sorry, but there's no free ride. I'm going to tell you why I said that I didn't cost him any money what so ever and hopefully you'll be able to understand it, he asked me what I would do if it was my car and I told him. Just because I said what I would do doesn't mean that he has to go out and buy it, he has his own mind. The choice of buying a different carb / intake was totally on him.

Are you sure? How do you know? Is this unknown in seen person of the right mind? Is this person mentally ill, gullible? Easily lead? Perhaps they assumed your correct?

Seriously Dan, since you really don’t know a whole heck of a lot about anything going on around here…. Again I say, and ask, why are you replying and then writing a cop out reply defending yourself and laying blame on the questioner looking for answers of which he is hoping someone with a brain or had been there and done that answers him correctly instead of someone (That be YOU) acting like an internet hero flapping his gums at things he is not remotely qualified for.

Tell me how this worked on your car in detail please!

Why stop with an aluminum 440. Tom has a 500+ aluminum wedge in his car. :BangHead: :BangHead: :lol:

View attachment 1716218334

Exactly the problem. Every time I read dump the 318 for a 340 I’m thinking like the above. Then again, why stop @ 500C.I.’s?

Let’s all build mountain motors!!!

What’s the biggest CID for a MoPar anyone has ever heard off?

It’s the internet. We can be like… Oh! The “HERO” & spend money that will never be available nevermind the OP.

Screw him! Right?!?)

What say you Dan? An all aluminum stroker mountain sized big block is waiting for you now!!! Wooooooo!

Exactly the problem. Every time I read dump the 318 for a 340 I’m thinking like the above. Then again, why stop @ 500C.I.’s?

Let’s all build mountain motors!!!

What’s the biggest CID for a MoPar anyone has ever heard off?

It’s the internet. We can be like… Oh! The “HERO” & spend money that will never be available nevermind the OP.

Screw him! Right?!?)

What say you Dan? An all aluminum stroker mountain sized big block is waiting for you now!!! Wooooooo!
Saw one the other day that was like 620inches... don't recall where though

They will go on about size and weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back