Making power out of the 318

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You still don't have a clue. And don't know you were wrong but think you were right.
Carry on.
Did you look at that mystery car at a dealer yet?
If you ever said anything positive about anything I would probably faint. I've never seen anyone nick pick over something like you have. Carry on

I have clue, it's a boring game just like this topic is. From what the owner of the car said about how much better his car ran I'd say that I was right. You can't seem to accept the fact that someone other than yourself can / could be right about something. As I said before I was going by what the owner said about his car, the reading I've done and helping others with their car's. FYI, it's not a mystery car.
You gave a recommendation based on nothing.
But that's ok since you know nothing.
That's what we know.
You can't change that fact.
You even said it yourself.
And said it cost it NOTHING so again, where can we get a free intake, carb and fuel lines.......

Again you prove my point thanks.
He spent money on a new intake and carb based on your advise.
He took you advise since you made an opinion and he assumed you were an expert.
Sadly he knows less than you.
And you stated it cost him nothing?
So where can the rest of us get a free intake, carb and fuel lines?
Come on man share.
He doesn't even have a Mopar and he's giving advice and people are taking it. I don't know who's more stupid.

Somebody would still mention going to a 360. I don't believe all of the 318 haters on here

RED X Dan. It's not hate. It's reality. Piston options are so limited (unless you don't mind spending for custom pistons and most guys on here will say if I can't get it from Summit I ain't doing it) that it's crazy to spend much money on them.

Of course, if 9:1 is your bailiwick then do a 318.

But STOP claiming it's hate. That's beyond ignorant.

At the end of the day it was his choice rather to buy a different carb / intake. I never said go buy something different. He was complaining about how bad his car was running and he asked me what I thought and I told him. The 1050 carb is a competition carb, this car was a daily driver with a trip down the track once in awhile, I have no idea what cam,stall, or gears he had and I don't care. I'm sure that you guys have gave advise on what a problem was with someone's car and if they take the advise or not. Don't mean to sound rude but you guys like to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
You have posted your error Dan. You told him he had a "competition carb". There is no such thing. Any carb is capable of being a "competition" carb or a street carb or a street/strip carb.

You're original premise that the carb was wrong is on YOU.

What you should have told him is learn to tune the damn thing. It wasn't a carb or intake issue, it's a tuning issue. Plus you have no clue what he had for timing.

Many carbs have been scrapped because the timing was ****.

You should have told him to spend his money learning to tune. Or at least he should be paying someone to fix it. Or teach him.

Well, that's rather easy actually. Going by the way it idled, I would say that it had a mild cam. While the 1050 can be tuned, the single plane intake is not for a daily driver as most of you guys have said.

RED X Dan. You don't have a clue what you are saying. So it didn't idle well and that's the carbs fault? Or the intake?

Unreal Dan. You were way out of your lane. And yet you still argue you knew what you were saying.

I'm DOUBLE RED X'ing your *** for that dumb ****.

RED X Dan. You don't have a clue what you are saying. So it didn't idle well and that's the carbs fault? Or the intake?

Unreal Dan. You were way out of your lane. And yet you still argue you knew what you were saying.

I'm DOUBLE RED X'ing your *** for that dumb ****.
I said that it idled like it had a mild cam. Please read before engaging the mouth

You gave a recommendation based on nothing.
But that's ok since you know nothing.
That's what we know.
You can't change that fact.
You even said it yourself.
And said it cost it NOTHING so again, where can we get a free intake, carb and fuel lines.......
How about a test and tune this summer? No aftermarket cylinder heads, no custom ground cams, bowl clean up no gasket matching, 3 angle valve job allowed, back cutting the valve's allowed. Factory ignition. No headers. 318 engine

I said that it idled like it had a mild cam. Please read before engaging the mouth

So what was it Dan? I can read. You said it idled like a "mild" cam, but a decent carb tuner can make a big cam idle like a kitten.

So it wasn't the cam was too big. Or too small. Could it be he didn't have the timing curve right? Or his idle circuit was garbage? Or maybe he had a HUGH idle feed restrictor in it? Or a really small idle air bleed.

It damn sure wasn't an intake issue Dan. I've been running single plane intakes on street engines since 1980. How many have YOU used and tuned to KNOW (using your words Dan) they don't work on street engines??

Can you not see your **** up yet? And here you are doubling down over and over and over on YOUR bad advice.

QUADRUPLE RED X Dan. Its just really really sad.

Dan, who general, I think your an OK fella, so don’t be upset on my next comment but you should really, REALL follow the advice I’m going to give you because I think your OK.

STFU DAN!!!!!!!!

How about a test and tune this summer? No aftermarket cylinder heads, no custom ground cams, bowl clean up no gasket matching, 3 angle valve job allowed, back cutting the valve's allowed. Factory ignition. No headers. 318 engine
that would entail you actually, you know, getting a car.

which, no worries about you losing this little side bet because you aren't gonna have a car by then anyway.

Stop typing Dan!

Stop giving advice!

DO - Keep asking questions Dan’

DO - Keep reading!

I've been running single plane intakes on street engines since 1980.
So have I since 1979. Single planes aren't too friendly with an auto transmission and stock convertor. no matter what the tune

So it had filed plugs, bad spark plug wire, vacuum leak?
Wiped out cam lobe/lobes.
I could go on But would be over you head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back