Malwood underdash hydraulic kit for A-Bodies

-
Pedal feels very good. I was pushing it sitting on a milk crate as my car is still half apart, so should be even easier with a proper seat. I would say on par with a fox mustang without the changing arc of the quandrant.

There is a slot in the firewall for a factory clutch rod (I believe), mine is an auto car so it had an oblong body plug. I drilled a hole in the plug and it was right in line with the fitting on the Malwood master.

The reservoir line I ran through a hole just below the main pinch weld, looped it down a bit and mounted the reservoir above the pinch weld. Clears the hood and Ross and Malwood said as long as the reservoir is higher than the master it will be fine, you could tie the hose in a knot and it would not matter.

When I get a second hand in the garage I will take a video of it in action, as well I will show the install and routing of the lines

Pedal feels very good. I was pushing it sitting on a milk crate as my car is still half apart, so should be even easier with a proper seat. I would say on par with a fox mustang without the changing arc of the quandrant.

There is a slot in the firewall for a factory clutch rod (I believe), mine is an auto car so it had an oblong body plug. I drilled a hole in the plug and it was right in line with the fitting on the Malwood master.

The reservoir line I ran through a hole just below the main pinch weld, looped it down a bit and mounted the reservoir above the pinch weld. Clears the hood and Ross and Malwood said as long as the reservoir is higher than the master it will be fine, you could tie the hose in a knot and it would not matter.

When I get a second hand in the garage I will take a video of it in action, as well I will show the install and routing of the lines
Thanks for the update!

Just to follow up on this, my brother mounted his Malwood kit and found that the stock under dash e-brake setup no longer fits. The MC interferes with it.

He is going to an electric actuated e-brake rather than a hand pull setup. But maybe not for everyone so thought I would make it known.

Literally just ran into this myself. I was a bit dissapointed as there was no mention of this anywhere. So now.. I need to figure out a new e-brake setup as well.
It never ends.

Literally just ran into this myself. I was a bit dissapointed as there was no mention of this anywhere. So now.. I need to figure out a new e-brake setup as well.
It never ends.

Any chance you could post some pictures and specifics? Be nice to be able to figure out why some work and others don’t.

It never ends.

Original 4 speed car or auto?

-
Back