Maybe an other head producer in the game.

-
I agree but I’d love to see a flow sheet.
I don't have a flow sheet. I have a dyno sheet. But it was on pump gas and with a smaller camshaft. It has a Crower 31409 cam in it now. We also put a stainless steel top ring in it when we switched to alcohol as a fuel.

received_531262651452216.jpeg

received_2414674868678289.jpeg

That's some good numbers, how many cubic inches and what's the compression?

You can't find a better guy alive than Larry Meaux to give an opinion on what you are doing ! He is the KING of cyl. head flow and how to make power, just ask Chad Speier who's another great cyl' head flow guy. Watch out for his SS/GTFA Cavalier this year with a 1970 LT-1 350 combo in NHRA.
Hell say burr finish that ****

So with the new cam what’s your lift. And are you still kicking around building a Gen 3.
With the new cam shaft it's .670 and .680 lift. I don't know about the gen 3 I've got enough stuff to build a w7. I just worry about parts availability down the road for SBM stuff.

With the new cam shaft it's .670 and .680 lift. I don't know about the gen 3 I've got enough stuff to build a w7. I just worry about parts availability down the road for SBM stuff.

W7 W7 W7 W7 W7 W7 all the way.

I talked to Kent Ritter last week and will talk to him again on Tuesday. I know he has blocks coming for the big block goofballs and I know he’s working on a new head for the small block tards.

He got a bit side tracked but he’s back on schedule.

IF I remember, I’ll ask him what his head will be based on. I told him a couple of years back I wanted a splayed valve head but that got shot down. I mean, it’s a simple thing to change the lifter bank angles to fit splayed valves on his blocks.

He thinks he might sell 10 sets of them. Ever. If that.

Supposedly Callies bought the tooling and prints for the R3 stuff. Im holding my breath but I think if they look at how soft the Chrysler market is, especially for small block stuff I doubt they will ever see prototyping.

The end user is why the market is what it is.

I talked to Kent Ritter last week and will talk to him again on Tuesday. I know he has blocks coming for the big block goofballs and I know he’s working on a new head for the small block tards.

IF I remember, I’ll ask him what his head will be based on. I told him a couple of years back I wanted a splayed valve head but that got shot down. I mean, it’s a simple thing to change the lifter bank angles to fit splayed valves on his blocks.

Supposedly Callies bought the tooling and prints for the R3 stuff. Im holding my breath but I think if they look at how soft the Chrysler market is, especially for small block stuff I doubt they will ever see prototyping.

I have 2 R3 blocks tall deck Siamese bore 1 is 48° the other is 59° and I have 3 sets of W5 and 1 set of W7 heads. One 4.125 crank and two 4.00 cranks.

How old is Kent.

I have 2 R3 blocks tall deck Siamese bore 1 is 48° the other is 59° and I have 3 sets of W5 and 1 set of W7 heads. One 4.125 crank and two 4.00 cranks.

Sounds like you need to get on with the build lol. You’ve got ALL cool stuff.

That 48* R3 block should easily go 4.185 and probably will go 4.200 plus some. At 4.200 X 4.00 you’ll be 444 inches. At 4.200 X 4.125 you’ll be 458 inches. All of which I know you know. I just like the math.

Time to build it.

It would be interesting to hear what kent has in mind for a small block head.

I’ll ask him next week. I’m going to assume it will be geared toward 400 plus inch stuff.

I will be surprised if he decides to do a new head.
With the popularity of gen 3 stuff, and the majority of small block guys using factory blocks, can’t say as I really see a market.
Brett has a handle on the W8/ 9 stuff, you have Indy heads, and now several new choices in standard configuration heads.
Not a binch of a lot left to fall between the cracks.
Go to these big Mopar only race events( and I do) the catering to the gen 3 crowd is astounding.
And the heads up fields are very lacking in high end go fast cars.

With the popularity of gen 3 stuff, and the majority of small block guys using factory blocks, can’t say as I really see a market.
Brett has a handle on the W8/ 9 stuff, you have Indy heads, and now several new choices in standard configuration heads.
Go to these big Mopar only race events( and I do) the catering to the gen 3 crowd is astounding.

There are plenty of 400+ cubic inch small block mopars that will never hit a track and could use a head like this. Look at all the big port small block chevy heads sold, they surely arent being used at the track only. Lots of folks are happy to run a factory block 600+ hp, especially in a mostly street configuration. Indy heads are great, but competition is a good thing.

He was already started on the head. Some business stuff happened and he set it back a bit. The Hemi isn’t what people think it is, just like the LS.

He was already started on the head. Some business stuff happened and he set it back a bit. The Hemi isn’t what people think it is, just like the LS.

what do people think it is?
Heads that outflow most anything in the Mopar small block world, factory blocks that will support 1000 horse, tons of aftermarket support, wide availability.
They aren’t for me, but you definately need to get out more.
And it’s highly unlikely you are any more old school than I am.

There are plenty of 400+ cubic inch small block mopars that will never hit a track and could use a head like this. Look at all the big port small block chevy heads sold, they surely arent being used at the track only. Lots of folks are happy to run a factory block 600+ hp, especially in a mostly street configuration. Indy heads are great, but competition is a good thing.

Just not the market , which was the smallest to begin with.
By FAR the biggest growth segment in the Mopar world is the gen 3 stuff.
Anybody who doesn’t know this is either in denial or a career bench racer

Go to a track. Most of the Mopar small block racers are 50 + years old that still race LA stuff.
Younger guys with the gen 3 stuff, Dying breed in the former.

-
Back