Maybe the modern Dart is related to the real Darts?

-

64DartGTinAZ

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Found this on the interwebs - fairly similar in performance...

Dodge Dart 0 to 60 mph and Quarter Mile Times

1964 Dodge Dart GT 0-60 mph 8.1 Quarter mile 16.9

1974 Dodge Dart Sport 0-60 mph 8.7 Quarter mile 16.5

2013 Dodge Dart SE (2.0L, Manual) 0-60 mph 9.8 Quarter mile 17.1

2013 Dodge Dart Limited (1.4L Turbo, Manual) 0-60 mph 8.1 Quarter mile 16.0

2013 Dodge Dart Rallye (Manual) 0-60 mph 7.8 Quarter mile 15.8

2014 Dodge Dart SRT4 0-60 To Be Released

Great comparison! I saw a black Limited today with leather guts. It was gorgeous! I should have snapped a photo! tmm

Wait for it! Wait for it! Let the typical bashing begin! The new Dart is one hell of a car. The "Dart" enthusiast need to Fu@king get over it.

The new darts seem to be descent for daily drivers but I wouldn't get the first year. Also not for a collectors piece either. Somewhere down the line when the sensors or computer goes...... So does the car if you can't get the parts......can't just slap on a carb either as smog laws prohibit it.
My father tried so save some old 80's coupe he had.... One day it stopped running because the ECU died...... Went to the dealer, nothing made any longer.... searched junkyards and most units
We're toast. After a year of searching he found one..... He installed it drove for 8 months and poof! It died.... After fighting the DMV for a bar exemption for quite a while he sold it for parts. Unfortunately the new stuff has to many sensors and computer related stuff to go wrong and the manufacturers don't seem to make the parts after ten years so you'll buy a new car..... It's called designed obsolescence.

Unfortunately, they will never build them like they used to again.........
Completely USA manufactured, Simple, easy to fix, cheap but well built parts and they seemed to last forever if you took care of them.

Drove a new Dart a couple of weeks ago. Ride and handling were very good. I'll admit to having limited experience with a turbo motor. The 1.4 turbo was a dog until I figured out how to keep it on the boost. Then it proved to be a willing partner for any nuttiness I wanted to get into. I was OK until I let the revs drop off and it took a while to bring back the fun.

In comparing models, I didn't get the sense that were was a cheap new Dart like the old Dart model. As I went up the new model range, the differences did not seem to be like the differences between the Dart, Dart Custom, and Dart SE.

Answer to last question I asked. Ha! Ha! Ha! Where'd you get an idea like that? Order a specific car and get it delivered here in six weeks.

Old Darts stood the test of time. New Darts are FIATS, well known for biodegrading in a short amount of time. Hey, they have a 60+ year record of building crap, why change now?

The new Darts are the same as the old Darts.
Cheap reliable cars with some styling and gizmos. Only modern.
They are throw away cars just like the originals.
I think they'll be a pretty good bang for the buck after they get them sorted out.
I might consider getting one next year to replace the '07 Ford Focus i drive, which is another throw away car. It's been good to us and very reliable.

I the old darts are nice? My 69 swinger is nowhere as nice as my dads 66 charger. The dart were POS cars. Just about like the new ones. I am planning on getting a new one soon. I'm looking for cheap for a new car and it fits. I really want a hemi charger but I'm sure who ever bought my 69 new prolly didn't want a dart they wanted a 69 hemi charger.

I the old darts are nice? My 69 swinger is nowhere as nice as my dads 66 charger. The dart were POS cars. Just about like the new ones. I am planning on getting a new one soon. I'm looking for cheap for a new car and it fits. I really want a hemi charger but I'm sure who ever bought my 69 new prolly didn't want a dart they wanted a 69 hemi charger.

well said

My father tried so save some old 80's coupe he had.... One day it stopped running because the ECU died...... Went to the dealer, nothing made any longer.... searched junkyards and most units
We're toast. After a year of searching he found one..... He installed it drove for 8 months and poof! It died.... After fighting the DMV for a bar exemption for quite a while he sold it for parts. Unfortunately the new stuff has to many sensors and computer related stuff to go wrong and the manufacturers don't seem to make the parts after ten years so you'll buy a new car..... It's called designed obsolescence.

Unfortunately, they will never build them like they used to again.........
Completely USA manufactured, Simple, easy to fix, cheap but well built parts and they seemed to last forever if you took care of them.

And try to find an SRT-8 Charger ECU in 25 years...ha! It it what it is....Megasquirt! Build your own with common electronics...probably be on a pen drive on day, just plug it in to your dash.

From the title I thought you were going to say the new ones were rusting sitting on the lot already.
That would be the Aspens and Volares, those POS rot boxes really did rust on the showroom lot...good for parts though...

so i called them spaghetti cars, but ended up getting one lol.

as my DD it runs great. i get between 32 and 34mpg depending on my route.

handles fine, has pretty good get-up-and-go. the nav system / sat radio (included with car for 1 year free), ipod player stuff is outstanding. voice controlled, i can say "find intersection first street and broadway chatanooga tennessee" and it will take me there. the guages behind the steering wheel are an LCD panel, and you can configure them for analog speedo/ digital speedo/ etc.

it's actually a very nice car.

if i had to compare it to the '68 340 dart i had back in the day:
-better mileage (i got 19mpg with the old dart with 4spd 3.23 gearing)
-less pickup than the '68
-more techy
-less roomy. less trunk space less foot room in back seats. the seats in the new one fold down and open into the trunk.

compared to my old daily driver (mazda 3) it's got a little more power, better mileage and better tech systems. better car all around than the mazda3.

Attachments

• dart1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 461
  • dart2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 483
  • dart3.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 467
I read somewhere that the new Dart is going to replace the Avenger in Pro Stock in 2014 or 2015… Thus the new Hemi Dart!

Owning a dart I was not a fan at first. I still am not sold but am pretty interested in what the srt-4 will be like. That being said the more I look at it the more VERY SLIGHT influences I see.

I considered one after my Magnum R/T was totaled. Looked at them, but too small for a family car, especially rear facing car seats

SRT-4 and more reliability might interest me 'down the road.' But for now, let them get used and see what happens.

-
Back