Meet the Beast!! 10's on 5k???

-
I think with your family involved and everybody falling in love with it the novelty of this truck doing any kind of serious track ET is fading fast...
Another thing we'll do, and video. We are going to race it against something slow like my truck, and as this thing gets faster and starts winning, we'll keep making it climb the ladder - wife's mustang, my 318 Duster, etc etc till it goes by my sons Scat.
:thumbsup:

That truck is pretty clean, have fun.
I think you would have had better luck backing the truck up on the ice to get it to spin....

On the acorns, me and the wife went camping one year up her farm, when we went to leave her Intrepid would not run worth a crap, just running pig rich.
The damn field mice had completely packed the air box with all kinds of crap, choking off the air.
The car had only sat there from Friday night to Sunday morning. Little critters can build stuff fast.

Poke me with that stick.........This is the latest 318 I built.

WRMBh8.jpg

honestly, we were scary close to that kit...…
No kit, I just bought the headers, a guy local sold me the turbos, used but never taken out of the box for $200, the carb and hat was gulp $1000 bought new, the engine an old locked up 318, I unstuck it, turned the crank, thru a set of rods and pistons out of a used engine, and a rebuilt set of J heads. Cheap, but still money spent.
I bet I have about $2500 in everything, but I started from ground zero on the build.

No kit, I just bought the headers, a guy local sold me the turbos, used but never taken out of the box for $200, the carb and hat was gulp $1000 bought new, the engine an old locked up 318, I unstuck it, turned the crank, thru a set of rods and pistons out of a used engine, and a rebuilt set of J heads. Cheap, but still money spent.
I bet I have about $2500 in everything, but I started from ground zero on the build.
that's really cool !!! here is the kit we just about pulled the trigger on once we knew we had the truck coming.....
MOPAR SMALL BLOCK TT DODGE RT 1000HP Twin Turbo KIT 318 340 360 5.2L 5.9L MAGNUM | eBay

Good looking engine you have there and the budget, WOW !

That's a sweet kit, very reasonable price.
I guess there were 2 tipping points. First, the BB swap is pretty much straight forward. Second, were going to move this "old iron" with "old iron".... LOL.

Good looking engine you have there and the budget, WOW !
Agree, and so many doubt whether a person can go 10's on 5k... I agree that I really put a choke hold on it by buying a truck, but we love the truck so we'll take what we get.... although still shooting for the goal :)

I guess there were 2 tipping points. First, the BB swap is pretty much straight forward. Second, were going to move this "old iron" with "old iron".... LOL.
Agree, and so many doubt whether a person can go 10's on 5k... I agree that I really put a choke hold on it by buying a truck, but we love the truck so we'll take what we get.... although still shooting for the goal :)
I think you made the right choice using a big block, who knows maybe 500 cubes some day.
All I know, is you're going to have fun with the project :thumbsup:

I think you made the right choice using a big block, who knows maybe 500 cubes some day.
All I know, is you're going to have fun with the project :thumbsup:
I was really thinking of building it, then eventually just drive train swap into one of my Dusters..... My son-in-law (in the video) about flipped when I mentioned the truck going. I guess, for now, it will be a keeper. I'm fine with that, if they love it, I will too... Just means I'll have to do it all "more carefully" instead of free-sawzall'n it... LOL

My I ask why you found the pic of my truck offensive?
This site offers the blue forum for all out, the joke/funny section, and a thread called Hot Mopar Babes where those types of pictures are welcome. I just don't think topless women belong in my family project thread. :)

-
Back