Milestone in my life

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
I had a milestone in my life today but first let me tell you the story.

Growing up I wasnt the best kid to be around. In and out of JV doing stupid **** I shouldnt have been doing. But I didnt learn there. It continued into my adult life and I seemed to find new ways to end up in jail on more occsions then I can count. Mean while racking up fines I never could pay. People say you do things to get attention but really it was just the jackass coming out. I took to drinking right away which lead to the life i was choosing at the time. Most nights you could find me sitting at the bar stool after work knowing the fight was going to start at home. I had my first child at 19. The second came along when I was 21. I wasnt always the greatest father but I ALWAYS paid my child support. We lived together for a few years and but it was hell. I seemed to blame everyone else for my problems except myself. I bounced around from job to job and at times lived in the back of my SUV. After my kids mom and I finally split up which we were off and on for about 7 years. This women walked into my life. Nothing like anyone I had ever dated. It was one of them that was just too good to be true. Someone I needed but probably didnt deserve. We are now married and have a child of our own. Been married 3 years and the other 2 children come every other weekend.

But the milestone in my life was when I wrote the last check made out to the Iowa Department of Revenue paying off every fine I ever owed. I dont have so much as a parking ticket on my record now. Made me realize how far Ive come in just a few short years.

I needed to share that. Im sure there are some that can relate.

Good for you in turning your life around. So many do not have the strength to do so.

Keep up the good work, friend.

I know your change is for real, and on the right track, because you honestly see your mistakes and admit it. Have you asked Christ to come into your life? That's truly the best place to start a new life. Congats on your life changing for the better. Christopher

congrats bro but still be in the life of your kids they are more than a payment

I think he was saying that his fines are paid, not that he was in arrears with child support. Either way, good on you!! Lots of people find it hard to get out of the rut they are in and it sounds like you found the perfect woman to help you with that!!

I know your change is for real, and on the right track, because you honestly see your mistakes and admit it. Have you asked Christ to come into your life? That's truly the best place to start a new life. Congats on your life changing for the better. Christopher

X2...I tried life without Him....it doesn't work so good. True joy comes from knowing your sins are forgiven by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
God bless you friend!:read2:

I haven't done the church thing. Even though my wife is religious and her father is the church pastor.

It just felt like a big weight off my shoulders. Always looking over your shoulder when your a payment behind. Ive always kept up with my child support thats one thing I wont laps on they come first. But after 10 years of paying them its all done. It was one of them things from the past that remind me of the way things use to be.

I haven't done the church thing. Even though my wife is religious and her father is the church pastor.

Why not give it a try. What do you have to loose, it's another activity to do as a family and gives you more "family time".

Life,s changes and taking on responsibility.Glad you,ve stepped past this milestone and can now carry on to the next one.Congrats Josh!

My father used to call it climbing fools hill I call it growing up. You can look at yourself in the mirror every morning and respect who is in there. You got to feel good about it.

It’s about taming the beast and learning from mistakes. When things feel like a mountain if you keep chipping away little by little eventually you are free. Finding alternative things to spend your time like a Scamp lol. Something to focus on. But it sure felt good to write that last check paying off all them fines. Its nice to be free and I’m now probation free after 10 years and it feels good.

Put a stool and fridge beside that heater in the garage now!Attack the Scamp and you,ll feel better in the morning!LOL.Is what Dr.Petty told me anyway!LOL

-
Back