Monster Mopar Weekend @ Indianapolis

-
You can maybe "thumb" a ride with us DD. It's 1500 miles from here :thumbup:

That would be a great road trip C

I've made it a few times. Be sure and check out Tucumcari and Santa Rosa New Mexico on your way thru. Also Glenrio, Texas on the West end and Mclean and Shamrock on the East side. Also the Cadilliac Ranch is near Amarillo.

Glenrio is like a ghost town.

It will be great to see you guys again if you can make it. This should be a great
event.

Attachments

• 185 (Medium).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 302
  • 005 (Medium).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 175 (Medium).jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 308
This has been really nagging at me.I kind of want to go just to see the Brickyard. I may bail on a project or two so I can fly in again only this time bring the wife.Maybe even get me a new Charger rental so I can park in the show so my transportation and cooler are close by:drinkers::drinkers:.The wheels are turning.

Can't wait taking time off work I'm entering my Demon
in the car show so I have good parking probably will do
non judged but may do dodge a body modified see my pictures
??????????????????????

Since Indy is only about 3 hours from our home, cosgig AND the famous "cudagirl" are coming!!! We can't wait to rub elbows and hang with the likes of you all. We will probably bring Nella's car "Sunfish" to cruise around in!!! We love Indy, we have relatives about an hour south of there, although we probably will stay at our favorite motel the "Ashly", where we used to stay when the Nats were in Indy. The Union train station downtown is a really cool complex to see...lots of great stores and restaurants there. Hope to see you all there!!! Geof and Nella

Since Indy is only about 3 hours from our home, cosgig AND the famous "cudagirl" are coming!!! We can't wait to rub elbows and hang with the likes of you all. We will probably bring Nella's car "Sunfish" to cruise around in!!! We love Indy, we have relatives about an hour south of there, although we probably will stay at our favorite motel the "Ashly", where we used to stay when the Nats were in Indy. The Union train station downtown is a really cool complex to see...lots of great stores and restaurants there. Hope to see you all there!!! Geof and Nella

Be sure to cruise the circle around the soldiers - saliers monument downtown indy park and enjoy the sites

Attachments

• 44975305.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 286
I am checking on a rental or the best way to get there right now
It is just a 7 1/2 hour drive for me so it will take me about 10 hours
I would drive Victoria but the heat would be hard on me.
And I do not want to leave my wife with out her car.
My search is going on know on the best why to get to Tony's house
Like Small block has dun many time's :eek:ccasion: Tony will have to put up with me for a couple days.:happy7:

$178 for a new dodge Avenger :eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion:
I pick it up at 8 am and have it back the following Monday at 8 am
200 miles a day, then 20 cents after the 200 miles are used up a day.
It's 426 miles to Indianapolis In. Time to get Creed and his collaborator mind on this and see if it would be best to pick the car up on Thursday morning and get the extra 200 for free.
Time to give Tony a call :eek:ccasion:

SmallBlock!! If you are out thers pick up your phone brother :shaking2::shaking2:

This has been really nagging at me.I kind of want to go just to see the Brickyard. I may bail on a project or two so I can fly in again only this time bring the wife.Maybe even get me a new Charger rental so I can park in the show so my transportation and cooler are close by:drinkers::drinkers:.The wheels are turning.

do I see a members party meet at Tony's :eek:ccasion:

Hey more info on the Ashly please.

The Ashly is about 7 miles south of IRP on Raceway Rd, then about 1 mile west on main st headed for plainfield. It's a straight shot due south from the track. Is MMW at IRP or another track??? Or, let me guess...they changed the name of IRP to "Lucas Oil Raceway"!!! I'll see if I can come up with their number, it's been a while!! OK, their number there is 317-839 6584.Geof

Like Small block has dun many time's :eek:ccasion: Tony will have to put up with me for a couple days.:happy7:

Really looking forward to it brother.

The best way to my house from you Mike is for you to get I-55 North to I-57 North
Take I-57 to I-64 East then take I-65 North from I-64.

I will PM you with the rest of the directions.

Any one else that wants to have a break and enjoy some garage time
with other FABO members, just PM me and I will get you the directions

We need to get more FABO signatures on MeMike's FABO wall!

Attachments

• DSCF2785 (Medium).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 35 (Medium).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 264
  • DSCF2657 (Medium).jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 252
i was at one of the monster events back in the mid 1980s at east st louis,,,, cant wait to hear how this event goes in indy,,

The best way to my house from you Mike is for you to get I-55 North to I-57 North

Pm sent Tony :eek:ccasion:

i was at one of the monster events back in the mid 1980s at east st louis,,,, cant wait to hear how this event goes in indy,,
You can count on me fsfish66 to get many pictures and a report on the event, and I am sure many members here will jump in and post the memories made there and how it goes at Indy for the first time :eek:ccasion:

Hope you have plenty of room and good neighbors

Pm sent Tony :eek:ccasion:

You can count on me fsfish66 to get many pictures and a report on the event, and I am sure many members here will jump in and post the memories made there and how it goes at Indy for the first time :eek:ccasion:

koool ill look forward to your coverage,,,,,

the last time I was at indy was wen the mopar nats, were there I drove my car ten mil.to a motel room and got three tickets I was told they didnt like my kind of cars in there town.and havent been back since..I could see it if I was horsen around but I wasnt.I was afrade of bracking somthing.so wen I got back to the motel It went on the tralor.I dont understad it be cus the loved it in calumbus ohio....disgust........Artie

the last time I was at indy was wen the mopar nats, were there I drove my car ten mil.to a motel room and got three tickets I was told they didnt like my kind of cars in there town.and havent been back since..I could see it if I was horsen around but I wasnt.I was afrade of bracking somthing.so wen I got back to the motel It went on the tralor.I dont understad it be cus the loved it in calumbus ohio....disgust........Artie

you are correct,, for a town ooozing with car history,,,they dont like hot rodders,,,in 1979 car craft magazine started the streeet machine nationals,,49 cars fist year,,1500 second,,open the fire hydrants all over town,,, then 1984 first mopar nats was in indy,,dont remember any problems at that time,,,was at the circle track,,then when the nats went back to indy in the 1990 s ??? plenty of trouble from the law,,,,no hanging out any place,, if u were in mc donalds parking lot in a hot rod,, you better have a mc donalds bag and be eating,,,, get off one of the ramps to a hotel to check out the cars at the hotels,,,you better have a key to that hotel,, not a hot rod friendly town,,,,when the nats went back to columbus,,the renoldsburg police went to indy to ask them how to control us monsters,,,,lol

you are correct,, for a town ooozing with car history,,,they dont like hot rodders,,,in 1979 car craft magazine started the streeet machine nationals,,49 cars fist year,,1500 second,,open the fire hydrants all over town,,, then 1984 first mopar nats was in indy,,dont remember any problems at that time,,,was at the circle track,,then when the nats went back to indy in the 1990 s ??? plenty of trouble from the law,,,,no hanging out any place,, if u were in mc donalds parking lot in a hot rod,, you better have a mc donalds bag and be eating,,,, get off one of the ramps to a hotel to check out the cars at the hotels,,,you better have a key to that hotel,, not a hot rod friendly town,,,,when the nats went back to columbus,,the renoldsburg police went to indy to ask them how to control us monsters,,,,lol
Yep sounds like you were there lol lol.....ya I hope that 600.00 bucks pad for sum of there donuts....if it wernt so far away I would have taken them all to court becuse they were all BS charges.......Artie

-
Back