"Mopar 10 commandments"

-

Dartswinger70

Reaction score
Some feller was quoting me out of "the Mopar Bible" so I figure there must be a Mopar 10 commandments and if not we could try and come up with some. Ill start...if this takes off we can organize the 10 best and hail them as gospel...just list anything you feel is car guy "blasphemy" when it comes to Mopar cars trucks etc.

1. Thou shalt not paint thyne inner fender wells black ( that's Chevy guy nonsense) :)
2. Thou shalt not run Lakewood slapper bars( you have a pinion snubbber more Chevy nonsense...)

ok someone elses' turn.

How about:
Thou shall not call your Sure Grip a posi tract.
Thou shall not get too upset when someone. calls your beautiful Dart, Duster a nova.

Thou shalt not mount a cowl induction hood unto your mopar, it is thine neighbors

Last edited:
How about:
Thou shall not call your Sure Grip a posi tract.
Thou shall not get too upset when someone. calls your beautiful Dart, Duster a nova.
I had that happen, in their defense my front clip was off my Dart Swinger a guy walked up to my garage and said "..is that a...Nova?" :)

yeah the Fox's when they came out in the mid 80s no one knew what to do with the fuel injection, everyone knew what to do with a carbed small block chevy at the strip LOL!

Thou shalt not replace a big block with a small block.

1. Thou shalt not paint thy inner fender wells black ( that's Chevy guy nonsense) :)
2. Thou shalt not run Lakewood slapper bars( you have a pinion snubbber more Chevy nonsense...)
3. Thou shall not call your Sure Grip a posi trac.
4. Thou shall not get too upset when someone. calls your beautiful Dart, Duster a Nova.
5. Thou shall not call a Six Pack a Tri Power
6. Thou shalt not mount a cowl induction hood unto your Mopar, lest thou hast a 70 Roadrunner
7. Thou shalt not install Chevrolet style rear facing / cowl opening hood scoops on a Duster.
8. Thou shalt not LS swap your Mopar.
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors chevy, for you have a mopar
10. Thou shalt not replace a big block with a small block.

Last edited:
6&7 are dupes.

Thou shalt not ditch thine Torsion Bars for coilovers, for Torsion Bars are perfect and it is thy headers that suck.

Remember the seventh day and keep it holy because it is the Sabbath and belongs to God, and remember the sixth day, because it is race day and belongs to Mopar.

Last edited:
Wow, you guys knocked this out pretty quick good work!I did see cowl induction hood twice. I must admit ive never seen one on a Mopar does someone make a fiberglass hood with cowl induction? my favorite A body hoods are the dual scoop 70 Dart Demon style and the 68 Super Stock hemi car hood

Though shall pay 30-40% more for parts than comparable ford or chevy pieces (on the few occasions a site/mfr actually produces or sells any mopar pieces.)

Thou shall NOT convert your superior torsion bar suspension for that of an inferior Ford Pinto based system.

Though shall pay 30-40% more for parts than comparable ford or chevy pieces (on the few occasions a site/mfr actually produces or sells any mopar pieces.)
Yup and years ago you had to rebuild parts because they were expensive or unavailable like steering boxes, PS pumps kelsey hayes calipers. Mopars aren't easy LOL!

Just remember...

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
On the seventh day God created the HEMI and all other creations trembled and bow down before it.
And God said, "EXCELLENT!"

So IF I buy a Ford project should I look over my shoulder continually for a HIT MAN!??
If it were a Chevy, I would do the deed myself! :poke:
:BangHead:

Thou shalt not ditch thine Torsion Bars for coilovers, for Torsion Bars are perfect and it is thy headers that suck.
Thou shall NOT convert your superior torsion bar suspension for that of an inferior Ford Pinto based system.

Ha ha, I was going to mention the torsion bars too, but so many guys like to get rid of them. The part about "it is thy headers that suck" and "for that of an inferior Ford Pinto based system" are both perfect, and very true. I motion we combine them:

Thou shalt not ditch thine Torsion Bars in favor of an inferior Ford Pinto based coil over system, for Torsion Bars are perfect and it is thy headers that suck.

Maybe there's 20? :lol:

Remember the seventh day and keep it holy because it is the Sabbath and belongs to God, and remember the sixth day, because it is race day and belongs to Mopar.

1. Thou shalt not paint thy inner fender wells black ( that's Chevy guy nonsense) :)
3. Thou shall not call your Sure Grip a posi trac.
4. Thou shall not get too upset when someone. calls your beautiful Dart, Duster a Nova.
5. Thou shall not call a Six Pack a Tri Power
6. Thou shalt not mount a cowl induction hood unto your Mopar, lest thou hast a 70 Roadrunner
7. Thou shalt not ditch thine Torsion Bars for coil-overs, for Torsion Bars are perfect and it is thy headers that suckr.
8. Thou shalt not LS swap your Mopar.
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Chevy, for you have a Mopar
10. Thou shalt not replace a big block with a small block.

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
On the seventh day God created the HEMI and all other creations trembled and bow down before it.
And God said, "EXCELLENT!"

-
Back