MOPAR Dead?

-
I have been a Mopar guy since I was 17. I loved the quality and the looks. The V/8s have been awesome. My driver is a '10 Sebring rag top that sits next to my '65 Barracuda. Now they're trying to stuff dangerous EVs at us. Do you realize how many EV fires that happen every day? I just watched a video of a loaner Mercedes EV that burned out a family's home. Another video was about two Hundyai EVs that had minor damage to their belly pan and were totaled because the batteries had been compromised. The replacement cost of the batteries was over $60K. My opinion of EVs is they are a fire waiting to happen. Sure the 2.7 isn't the best engine but I get 23 to 24 mpg around town and I know my house isn't going to burn down because my battery caught fire. The Chrysler 2024 EV is a re-badged Alfa Romeo SUV not even a Mopar

I haven’t looked at anything new in years but does the new Hemi powered Rams have the gas guzzle tax applied to them? Seems like I read somewhere it was.

I bought a new 2007 1500 back in the day (still have it)......Piece of crap. More repairs on this thing than all of my other vehicles combined. My #1 is still a 1999 Toyota Camry, followed by my 1992 W250 Cummins truck. My wife would shoot me if I sold that car.

Mopar or no car............That's an easy one to answer.
Mine...

Ram A 1 (2).jpg

999AA.JPG

Nice....I'm assuming miles?

My engine runs well with the exception of both exhaust manifolds leaking, bad coil pack, Alternator that died, pooched water pump, rotted fuel injector rail, rotted fan and multiple idler pullies. Oh yeah, thats 160 000kms......99 500 miles.

Some guys get all the luck........Now, my 1987 /6 O/D 4spd D150........I think that was a scientific experiment in durability.....Peeling clear coat, that's it!

I have been a Mopar guy since I was 17. I loved the quality and the looks. The V/8s have been awesome. My driver is a '10 Sebring rag top that sits next to my '65 Barracuda. Now they're trying to stuff dangerous EVs at us. Do you realize how many EV fires that happen every day? I just watched a video of a loaner Mercedes EV that burned out a family's home. Another video was about two Hundyai EVs that had minor damage to their belly pan and were totaled because the batteries had been compromised. The replacement cost of the batteries was over $60K. My opinion of EVs is they are a fire waiting to happen. Sure the 2.7 isn't the best engine but I get 23 to 24 mpg around town and I know my house isn't going to burn down because my battery caught fire. The Chrysler 2024 EV is a re-badged Alfa Romeo SUV not even a Mopar
Your newest vehicle is fourteen years old and your other vehicle is fifty nine years old? How is it that an e v is getting shoved down your throat?.. Do you know how many fires have been started by hot exhaust on dry grass?..
I personally don't want an EV but I can see if we needed a short distance commuter car and the math penciled out but I don't think it does. anyways. I don't feel anything's being shoved down my throat that's for sure..

Yes, Miles because America....
At this point, you'd expect to have replaced a few odds and ends. I have.
Water pump, starter, EGR valve, thermostat, serpentine belt, valve cover gasket, injectors were cleaned, two coil packs, one radiator, two A/C condensers, fuel pump, two oxygen sensors, an in dash evaporator, multiple sets of spark plugs, engine and transmission filters, front end rebuild. I replaced the 3.55 gears with stock 3.92 just for better acceleration.
Am I lucky or just good looking?

Ram Jam 2.JPG

It has a few scrapes and dings but still looks good for being over 16 years old.
I have NO interest in a new truck at any cost. I don't want a knob for a shifter, I like having a middle seat. The huge dashboard center screen annoys me...I want knobs for the heater and A/C and I want a radio with a CD player.
I don't want a quad cab. I don't like how tall and thick the new trucks look. I don't want or need any nanny state adaptive cruise control or automatic braking, parking sensors or blind spot monitoring. I hate the concept of electric vehicles and have zero interest in them even if they were free.

I have ZERO problems with alternative fuel sources......that actually WORK. I believe I could get behind hydrogen power. I would even endorse nuclear power. Look how well it works for Navy ships. The EV movement certainly leaves a LOT to be desired, because simply put, it just doesn't work. THe technology simply isn't "there" yet and I'm unsure it will ever be. We have a good thing in fossil fuels and we need to stick with it.

Gas Challenger (or it's replacement) is not dead.

Just will be I6 powered and the performance version will be I6 turbo or twin turbo.

If you really want to help FCA (yes the cars we are talking about are still under that "branding"), go buy one, even a used one.

The Hornet actually appeals to me and my be the replacement for my Renegade when the time comes for it to cross the rainbow bridge.

I don't need a 600 HP, $75,000 car that I barely fit in and really has room for only 2 people as a primary vehicle.

That Renegade is super fun to drive, fits 4 tall adults comfortably, can fit a washing machine in the back, pulls a trailer, and gets dang near 35 MPG.

I'm as "dyed in the wool" Chrysler, as anybody. I also have a brain. Chrysler effectively died with the Daimler merger. Granted, a lot of good technology swapped hands....but they were there to loot Chrysler. People should just be happy that the Charger and Challenger happened, along with the SRT branding and such. I will not kid myself into believing anything "Chrysler" really exists, anymore. It's a global holding company, that does investing [loyal to it's Euro membership/origins]. There are no car-guys, but lots are bean-counters. When I ask people in the know to see about things, higher-up...I'm almost always told that there are no answers, because there are no "Chrysler" people left. I bought 2 2023's, before anything ICE and vaguely Chrysler disappeared.
300 Davinci.jpg

Hellcat Shadowoods.jpg

Last edited:
Ads on the radio all week for-

- FCA "never lift" campaign

- "Direct Connection" parts program.

I'm as "dyed in the wool" Chrysler, as anybody. I also have a brain. Chrysler effectively died with the Daimler merger. Granted, a lot of good technology swapped hands....but they were there to loot Chrysler. People should just be happy that the Charger and Challenger happened, along with the SRT branding and such. I will not kid myself into believing anything "Chrysler" really exists, anymore. It's a global holding company, that does investing [loyal to it's Euro membership/origins]. There are no car-guys, but lots are bean-counters. When I ask people in the know to see about things, higher-up...I'm almost always told that there are no answers, because there are no "Chrysler" people left. I bought 2 2023's, before anything ICE and vaguely Chrysler disappeared.
View attachment 1716194457

View attachment 1716194458

Same here!

20221022_120644.jpg

This is what I got and I find it much more sexier
than the challenger and charger. Also, you will see a hundred challengers and chargers before you see one of these on the road anymore... It's not as fast but could be and an absolute fun car to drive...
Screenshot_20240119_130033_Chrome.jpg

My 2007 truck was near the end of what they called DODGE trucks. It isn’t a RAM, It is a Dodge Ram 1500. Small detail but my old fashioned ways have me calling it a half ton, not a 1500.
I know… one should adapt or fade away but I’m still holding on to what I like.
I’ve wondered if I have had unusually good luck in my life… like a guardian angel stands in front of me clearing away problems before I ever encounter them. Some bad stuff slips through but I’ve had some really good luck with some things where others have struggled or suffered.
I made it through 36 years of construction intact with all my digits and hair.
I’ve had a few “close calls” in cars, with people, on rooftops and other places and have never been seriously hurt. I’ve had vehicles last longer than you’d expect when others had failures that cost them $$$.
Maybe I am just blessed for reasons that I don’t understand.

-
Back