Mopar vs Rice

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of cars built by Top Secret and 50g's US is a deal for that amount of performance, slight problem is that you can't import it here, the DOT and the NHSTA said NO..
Mine's here because I owned it in England and I'm still a British citizen living in sunny NY, quite handy really- LOL
I'm just getting a Stagea RS4 ( skyline stationwagon) as my daily driver, should be fun..

yep 1991 R32 GTR, new motor is being put together as we speak, big Borg Warner T4 turbo, that insane intake with 100mm TB, 1000 cc injectors big cams etc. Should be good for 800 WHP on US pump gas...
I'm putting my Aussie RB30 motor with a single turbo in the 69 Cuda as a nice daily driver and it should handle well with all that weight off the nose and a 5 speed manual instead of the old slush boxes it's always had.
I have Caltracs and a dana in the back, probably going to put an antiroll bar in the back to stop some of the body roll, but I reckon a nice sensible tune up on the end and it'll be a greats street car.
I even have the AC compressor for it and as the old girl is a right hand drive UK car there are no issues of steering clearance either.
I bought some after market front suspension set up for it, but I'm ditching that over priced bit of #$%& in place of the stock stuff, it works well enough and the car always drove great, I miss having proper gears in the back, I have a set of 3.54's going back in it. A big set of Wilwood 4 pot discs all around and it'll stop as good as it goes.
my original plan was to simply fit the whole front clip from the crashed skyline I have here for parts, the track and wheelbase on both cars is virtually Identical, in fact if you look closely at the cuda and the ricer you will clearly see where the Japs got the lines for the R32 from. I had the cuda up on the lift and the skyline underneath and that's when the penny dropped- but project Skycuda can wait for another year, when I have more time, I want to get out and have some fun this year!
Not sure about the Protouring look with the big diameter rims, I love the look of that car with the polished centerline Autodrags, the paint's still nice AND the best part is I get to run a flat hood again, no more trying to look around that ridiculous hemi hood scoop, we have to make an extended one, I think it was about 5 1/2" tall to clear the air cleaner.
Oh and it'll be quiet and smooth, rats I think I must be getting old- yeah I reckon that's it- LOL

sorry I just deleted that last post it was cheap shot,not my style..
The picture below is the intake from the Skyline, now if anyone on here can challenge the quality of the work here I will eat it, just look at those welds and CNC ported to with 0.5cc per runner, the NHRA prostock guys would never be able to get close to this..

Really,i know some guys that would blow that work away...then again they don't work on rice!!!..NHRA prostock??? now your talking way out of a ricer league...

did have and the Skyline still came up trumps...
Done the Hemi dart thing, done the 900HP nitrous smallblock thing, done the 572 ci twin turbo KB hemi thing with a lenco
http://www.dragracingonline.com/features/featurecar/ix_9-warpig-1.html.

My fave is still the pissy *** little straight 6 turbo Jap motor for sheer 'smile on your face' driving... So Don't knock it until you try it and believe me you've never lived until you've tried that 4 wheel drive system

Ok so why are you on this site then......

er cos I have an A body (or two)..
and have been into Mopars for 20 years and still am or I wouldn't be investing half the national debt in a turbo P7/R5 motor....
The whole world doesn't have to follow the same path horse power is horse power and technology moves on..

Agree 100%...glad you own a mopar,but when you come here no one wants to hear about the "jap crap"...

And I don't want another flame war guys....

340... EASY. Your a fairly new member whom really shouldn't be assessing what get's posted here. I agree, this IS a Mopar site, but cool your jets there fella. DON'T make this a suedo-nazi moderated forum.

Like Tweety said, and I'll repeat myself, Horsepower is Horsepower. Be open minded... I'm not saying neon-colored radiator hoses are the next big thing for muscle cars, but sharing knoweldge learned from application is AWAYS welcome. Good tech on turbos, intercooling, re-mapping ECM's and related engine management, and fuel injection mods are welcome, and that's where Tweety is going. We're NOT endorsing everyone talk Honda's or Toyota's.

BTW: I earn (a GOOD ) living repairing Jap-Crap. Pays for all my Hot Rod parts, plus my mortgage, car payments, grocery bills, etc. If we can't discuss cars in general, then we're going to have problems on a daily basis. C`mon guys...cut it out. I went through all this crap in high school with the Chevy vs. Ford vs. Mopar thing. I kinda left that thinking in the schoolyard.... :roll:

And I don't want another flame war guys....

340... EASY. Your a fairly new member whom really shouldn't be assessing what get's posted here. I agree, this IS a Mopar site, but cool your jets there fella. DON'T make this a suedo-nazi moderated forum.

Like Tweety said, and I'll repeat myself, Horsepower is Horsepower. Be open minded... I'm not saying neon-colored radiator hoses are the next big thing for muscle cars, but sharing knoweldge learned from application is AWAYS welcome. Good tech on turbos, intercooling, re-mapping ECM's and related engine management, and fuel injection mods are welcome, and that's where Tweety is going. We're NOT endorsing everyone talk Honda's or Toyota's.

BTW: I earn (a GOOD ) living repairing Jap-Crap. Pays for all my Hot Rod parts, plus my mortgage, car payments, grocery bills, etc. If we can't discuss cars in general, then we're going to have problems on a daily basis. C`mon guys...cut it out. I went through all this crap in high school with the Chevy vs. Ford vs. Mopar thing. I kinda left that thinking in the schoolyard.... :roll:

Forgive if i'm wrong but this is a MOPAR SITE am i not right??

And if someone decides to talk about music with other musicians on this site I wouldn't expect anyone to tell them to shut up either.....

Like I said...please cool it. If you don't like the thread, skip it. Please don't go telling other board members what can, and CAN'T, be discussed.

Thank you.

Hi guys listen I'm not here to upset anyone- but can I quote something Barton said to me a while ago when we got into chatting about engines and while I was still putting money his way, (he builds more chevys than he does mopars BTW, and everything else as well), I asked him in his opinion who made the best motors - his reply was one word- HONDA.
and any of you who think this supercharger , crazy fuel stuff is an invention of the NHRA etc might smile at this clip-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvTggX3ADlY&feature=related.
some of the fastest racing cars ever built sound like this, check out the silver arrow on the net- the cranshaft in this thing cost the equivalent of $100,000 in todays money- just listen to the noise this thing makes and it was built in 1938.... LOL
LOVE IT.
like I say HP is HP

Hi guys listen I'm not here to upset anyone- ..........

and any of you who think this supercharger , crazy fuel stuff is an invention of the NHRA etc might smile at this clip-

like I say HP is HP

Your right Tweety.... and as a side note, look into where Nitrous Oxide found it's first combustion engine application: WWII fighter planes! Made them climb higher into the thinner air to gain better alttitude.

In another life (20+ yrs. ago...) I was heavily into the VW Beetle scene ( I was younger...and poorer) and we use Chevy 327 rods in our stroker VW type II engines.

Horsepower is Horsepower....

Andy -- good to see you back around. I talked with you quite a bit a few years ago about your Skyline. I was in Okinawa for 8 years and have had the pleasure of riding in a 800+hp R32 GTR and also the pleasure of driving a 600hp one. I only wish I could afford one in the states. No sense in arguing with someone who has never experienced a Skyline. Yes, this a Mopar site...but this thread started as Mopar -vs- Ricer -- and ya'll expect to NOT have comments about/from the opposition? Ok...

BTW -- this was/is one of the baddest GTRs in Oki...this is the 800+hp GTR I have ridden in -- it's owned by a buddy of mine, Rick. We used to be in the USAF together -- he got out and stayed in Oki as a contractor -- I moved on and now spend my days in Phoenix. This thing is absolutely sick...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/447636

And the 600hp one --

SeansR2.jpg

And my lowly RB20DET R31 GTS --

FrontPass.jpg

Hi man, long time no speak, listen my emails still the same- sneal@hvc.rr.com.
Stay in touch mate!
You know what I have some dyno vid's somewhere of some big V8's thundering away, I shall have to post.But I have to fly to a meeting with my Eco Architect buddy about saving the planet, a bit of a laugh considering the subject matter above eh- LOL
I'll check in later

In another life (20+ yrs. ago...) I was heavily into the VW Beetle scene ( I was younger...and poorer) and we use Chevy 327 rods in our stroker VW type II engines.

Now you are talking. I like the VW's when put in a dune buggy thay flat haul.
I got my G-pas VW powered Sand Drag car from the 70's. It is a 2180 with 200 hp and that is naturally asperated. It only wieghs 700lb. Guy's with ls-1's had no chance in a drag, it would tear them up EZ. At the hill it can take out full race drag Banshee's. I respect that thing it is bad.

see there is HP and there is HP- it all does the same thing moves a bunch of weight from point A to point B- LOL
I used to do the lights at those mad Bug Jam raves at Sanat Pod Raceway back in England years ago , those guys were nuts! and there are always lots of pretty girls hanging around - which was a bonus!
A bit like those NOPI shows..

Hi man, long time no speak, listen my emails still the same- sneal@hvc.rr.com.
Stay in touch mate!
You know what I have some dyno vid's somewhere of some big V8's thundering away, I shall have to post.But I have to fly to a meeting with my Eco Architect buddy about saving the planet, a bit of a laugh considering the subject matter above eh- LOL
I'll check in later

Speaking of dyno vids...this is one of the baddest I've seen --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsjx0LgtoDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back