Mopar vs Rice

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try spanking those ricers with a bright red 1971 2dr Newport with white leather interior and an 8 track stereo. Underneath the hood was a 030" over 440 TNT with reworked 906 heads and a six-pack setup with a 727 and 3000 stall converter. All backed up with a 4:10 posi and dual 2 1/2" exhaust connected to Hooker headers. They did'nt even have a chance or know what hit them. I had lots of fun with that car. Most of the ricer drivers have never even seen an 8 track player before let alone a factory installed one. Oh, and I didn't evern have to turn off the a/c to beat them.
kenny b

Here is my ricer story, though it's not with a Mopar. I used to have a 79 Datsun 280ZX that I put a 355 chevy into with a 700R4 trans. Other than 17" rims the Datsun looked stock. One day I was sitting at a red light and a ricer Honduh pulled up next to me. It was totally riced out, cow catcher in front, 18" rims with rubberband tires, tripple tiered wing on back and a fart can muffler. The kid in it started revving his motor, I guess to impress me with his "turbo". Well he revved it for way too long. Just before the light turned green, I popped my Datsun into neutral and gave it a quick blip of the throttle to around 5k rpm. The kid in the ricer must have not expected the throaty sound of American Muscle. He just shook his head "no". As the light turned green I briskly took off, but not a full out blast. The kid in the ricer was so scared, he waited until I was far down the road before he even entered the intersection.

My Datsun:
0304_side_signature.jpg

I have to write this because I always find it funny when "your girl" keeps sayin not to race!
I was in high school at the time, and my girlfriend hated my car because I paid more attention and $$$ to it than her. Well we were on the outskirts of Spokane Wa. and I had just pulled outta the gas staion and line up at the light with a Camaro (mid 70s), he starts revvin' So naturally I look over. This idiot is trying to impress my girl! WRONG! As my H.S. mantallity kicks in I rev it a bit. She smacks my leg "you better not" I dont listen-"Donnie dont do it" HAHA the light turns green she is smacking the crap outta my leg and we are racing! As we head up over some train tracks probably 50 ft from the light I start to pass him and its about this time she realizes Im winning! She stops hitting and screaming and starts laughing and sayin' "Holy S__t your winning-your winning" and then says "Holy S__t thats fun".

Another note on the same girl- She always bugged me to let her drive it, I ALWAYS said NO! so finally she broke me down one day. I told her becareful its not the same as your moms Chevy Citation! So we are sitting Perpendicular to a main street. Traffic was present enough to where she had to look for an opening. Well I had 2 throttle springs on the carb and it was probably a bit much but I was used to it. She tells me "the peddle is hard" I said yeah you have to push it, itll go. So she see's an opening and pushes the **** to the floor damn near! She was quick enough to think to turn rather than run across the entire road, BUT we ended up doing a 180 pointed back where we came from. Now traffic is stopped , she is balling, and Im furious! LOL She never asked to drive it again! This all happened before the aformentioned race. I tried to tell her!!!! LOL

Some of you guys can laugh at imports all you want.
There are quite a few really quick ones out there.
Mine will chirp its rear 275's all the way through fourth gear.
It blows the doors off my Duster, even though I've built up the motor in the Duster too.

Just because some clowns in a stock civic with a fart pipe think they are fast, doesn't mean everyone who owns an import is a wannabe Paul Walker.

I respect cars that are cool or quick, regardless of their origin.
This is one of the reasons I own the 240, a Jag XK8, and my Duster, and plan on buying a 2009 Challenger R/T.

Just because a car is Japanese doesn't mean it's slow and modified with Pep Boys parts.

Railroad2.jpg

I agree I respect all sorts of cars. Whethere it be Japanese or German or American. Ive never come across a really fast import but I beleive thats because alot of kids dont do complete build ups they are more worried about how the car looks and if its slammed to the ground. Its easier to obtain hp in an American car than a import in some cases but alot of the people running around my area are in the 15s and 14s category. Speaking of muscle cars handling bad Id like to see someone build up one of these it would be neat

.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mopardealer.com/chrysler.htm&h=2096&w=1477&sz=409&hl=en&start=7&tbnid=hHHnypJmS6K7fM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=106&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddart%2Bstock%2Bcar%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den

If the link doesnt work for some reason just go to google click images and type chrysler kit car.

Some of you guys can laugh at imports all you want.
There are quite a few really quick ones out there.

I agree with you 100%. its just the cocky owners that bug me. but there everywere (camaro/mustang guys too). if you have a fast car cool...but dont consider it the car gods gift to asphalt...anyways good point

Sorry,nothing but good ole' AMERICAN muscle for me!!!!...would'nt be caught dead driving a "rice burner"..

i don't care for rice burners but i do drive toyota camry and tacoma as daily vehicles till duster is complete. the problem that rises with these rice burners is that none of the kids that drive them don't want to get their hands dirty enough to make their cars actually worthwhile. i remember when i used to work at jiffy lube when i first started driving and a kid had some honda crx blabbing about how he is going to put a CAI on to make his pos faster.

Anybody can go fast. And someone will always be faster.

This is all about CHARACTER. Rice will never compete when it comes to this, which is why a lot of them want to get sh-tty with us and lure us into a race. A few of them might whip us, but their motors don't last very long. One MOPAR will put ten ricers in the junkyard.

Cruise on!

i wonder what these ricers would do if they actually were able to drive a muscle car with real power besides wreck it.

If my tires were only an inch thick I would boil them off at freeway speed too....:supz:

Drivin down a 2 lane highway in my 70 Challenger R/T 440-6 4spd and come to a red light,im 2nd in line behind a 90's Corvette,he's looking in the rearview mirror at me,the light turns green and he nails it,so do i,by about the 60 foot mark i change lanes and pull up next to him {wot]midway through 3rd i pull about 3 lenghts on him,and by the time i hit 4th he's way back,so i let off,he pulls up next to me and gives me a thumb's up,it was awesome.

I was heading to work one morning and I was driving my 71 dart swinger. This kid pulled up next to me with a hatchback civic and was trying to get me to race him. I told myself I wasnt going to since I really dont like the idea of street racing but he kept on revving his vtec and i floored it leaving him about 10 car lenghts away. The following night I had a mustang trying to race me. I had my gf in the dart with me so I wasnt going to indanger her with a street race. He kept gunning it and letting off trying to tease me. Then finally I heard this awful sound and I look over and theres blue smoke everywhere and metal parts falling from underneath his car. I just drove by casually and smiled.

i figured out why i don't like most imports. too common. i do have an 06 tacoma. bought it brand new. but i see it everywhere.

how many different mopars do you see everyday, besides your own?

hell i saw a late 90s supra the other day when i was in the duster and i gave him a thumbs up! actually it was the devil horns \m/.

i love burning rice rockets, but i know a tuner will probably smoke the duster.

what was my point again? oh yea.

fast cars have my respect. posers don't

my 1967 cuda with an older 360 vs a nice new mercedes benz
not the engine in the pic to the left, thats the new one.

i was caught behind some car on a highway and was waiting to get free. so smart guy behind me in a mercedes thinks that if he tail gates me that this will help something. so i get around this car and begin to pick up speed and i get tailed by the benz. i still am negotiating some traffic so its pissing me off that am still gettting tailed so closely. i get free of traffic and i let him get next to me. i didnt floor it till like 70 something but his head lights never made it past my door hinge after that.

my speedo went to 115. he never past me.

I'm trying to work out who's going to hang me first the Mopar purists or the ricers I'm busy transplanting a bunch of the spare R32 GTR Skyline drivetrain that I have into my 69 Barracuda fast back, which happens to be right hand drive....
I've done all the mopar engines there are and fancy a change, fuel injection, turbos air conditioning and all that other stuff have a certain appeal in middle age.
But then again I have a Mopar P7/R5 NASCAR motor going in my '72 Datsun 240 Z, so the door swings both ways I guess

I'm trying to work out who's going to hang me first the Mopar purists or the ricers I'm busy transplanting a bunch of the spare R32 GTR Skyline drivetrain that I have into my 69 Barracuda fast back, which happens to be right hand drive....
I've done all the mopar engines there are and fancy a change, fuel injection, turbos air conditioning and all that other stuff have a certain appeal in middle age.
But then again I have a Mopar P7/R5 NASCAR motor going in my '72 Datsun 240 Z, so the door swings both ways I guess

sounds interesting. i've been thinking of getting a shelby turbo 2.2 along with the 5 speed and putting that into a 73 VW karmann ghia.

tools+imagination=fun!

yeah man I hear you, I just wish I had more time, I was AMAZED to find out that S+W Racecars in PA have cage kits available for the Skyline and the old 240Z. I already put one of their cage kits in the cuda and it worked out great.
Still I have my own tube bender now, just need some time to do all the stuff
Good luck with the Karmann that'll move real well !

yeah man I hear you, I just wish I had more time, I was AMAZED to find out that S+W Racecars in PA have cage kits available for the Skyline and the old 240Z. I already put one of their cage kits in the cuda and it worked out great.
Still I have my own tube bender now, just need some time to do all the stuff
Good luck with the Karmann that'll move real well !

especially cause it weighs about as much as a ham sandwich!
we'll see, right now its just a thought.
karmanns are pretty cheap, but i have 2 mopars to worry about first.

The 240z just the same, it's got an 86 inch wheelbase and with all the floors cut out two of us can pick up the shell - awesome.
I got a special short 4 link set up from a Vette for it from S+W, the links are tiny. Next is a fabricated 9" housing .
That big 358 SB drops straight in the engine bay even with all the dry sump stuff. Some dude out west has a Moapr 440 in one, can you imagine !!!!
We're doing mine as a turbo motor with a glide, should be a bit of fun eh

The 240z just the same, it's got an 86 inch wheelbase and with all the floors cut out two of us can pick up the shell - awesome.
I got a special short 4 link set up from a Vette for it from S+W, the links are tiny. Next is a fabricated 9" housing .
That big 358 SB drops straight in the engine bay even with all the dry sump stuff. Some dude out west has a Moapr 440 in one, can you imagine !!!!
We're doing mine as a turbo motor with a glide, should be a bit of fun eh
We got a couple of guys on a local site in DFW area whom has some

http://www.dfwss.org/smf/index.php?topic=7362.0

That is one and the other is a tune chassis fully street legal

i hate rice burners, but the mazda rotary engines are a different breed. my uncles got a 93 mazda RX7 rotary turbo. one of the quickest cars ive driven. I cant believe how much power can come out of such a small engine. the rotary is very efficient, cant even feel it idle. it runs high 12s in basicly stock form. oh, and its not riced out.....no stickers, no fart can, no spoilers ect.....

you should get in a Skyline it'll make your eye's water!
The new motor I have coming is 800 HP at the wheels, which is more than my Barton built 556ci Hemi made and it'll be a lot more streetable and reliable than the big old elephant was...
These new NASCAR motors though are the best bits Mopars made for years- 9500RPM capable, 800+HP with a little carb, now whack a turbo cam in there some 8.5:1 turbo pistons, fuel injection and boy do you have something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back