Mopar vs Rice

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
redfastback said:
a car that starts at 88,000? give me 88,000 and i will build a better looking car than that. its a race car that is street legal....look at lambo's, saleen s7's, they are are all supercars. this is a forum for a body mopar AMERICAN iron. who cares if its faster, it has no character. if i cared about just going fast and not what i drove, yeah i'd pickup a POS jap mobile or a ultima gtr......

i smell mutiny...............................

That sounds like more of a rip-off than those crappy Acura NSXs that were cool for a minute when I was in high school, until yuppies found out that a Cobra Mustang for a third of the price beat them in every imaginable category.

But why are people trying to claim how great rice burners are on a classic MOPAR site, anyway? Unless you shoved my dead corpse inside one, I would never sit in the seat of some hideous looking plastic car made in Taiwan ( or wherever ). If you shoehorned a rocket engine in a Yugo, it would be comparatively fast, I'm sure, but this seems to be the wrong internet location for such nonsense. The only import that I ever owned was a 1970 Volkswagen Beetle that my father gave me when I was 17, and I beat every brand-new big mufflered egg-type Honda that college aged jackasses were pouring their every paycheck into, and I don't remember losing to them. Maybe they're supposed to be better several years later? They don't look any better, and they still sound like sh*t.

P.S. Praise it? Maybe piss on it...

funnily enough the Saleen Chassis is designed (and and I think built ?) by some guys in Scotland..
Still I shall continue to pootle away here and do a few bits and pieces, actually my crazy buddy is over here and Thursday we have his twin turbo 572 KB hemi that now lives in my old 62 Fury wagon firing up on the Chassis dyno for some tuning, that'll be fun for sure

I really thought this was an A-BODY/AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR FORUM, not one for pseudo Mopar fans claiming the F-1 McClaren is rice. Come now, the McClaren is far from a ricer as is the Skyline. I thought when I joined this board it would be full of hardcore Mopar muscle fans, not turn coats putting A-Bodies on Skyline frames.

I had a punk in a Silverado extended cab who wanted a go at the Dart. I think it was a 6.0L, but it wasn't an SS, although he did put an SS bumper on it...guess that makes it faster. :thumbup:

I'm not sure what made him think his 5500 lb truck would keep up with a 3200 Dart. :dontknow:

you might like a couple of 'spy pictures' of the new hemi, the ground will shake and the sad chevys and fords will run and hide..

pig 1.jpg

pig 2.jpg

tweety said:
you might like a couple of 'spy pictures' of the new hemi, the ground will shake and the sad chevys and fords will run and hide..

Sweet Jesus! Do you need a carry permit for that kind of firepower?!?!?! Some guys bring a knife to a gun fight. Your bringing a Thermo-Nuclear weapon!

Nice stuff Tweety, and for the record, I'm a Nissan Master tech and would LOVE a ride in that Skyline!
And I'll agree:
Fast is Fast.
A Poser is a Poser.

tweety said:

Damn! :happy2:

"and the meek shall inherit the earth" yeah right,
I've been outside with my buddy gluing the new cowl scoop on to the original steel hood from the car, I think we shall make a psuedo carbon fibre hood for the car, just to annoy the local ricers even more- tee hee.
Not sure what my buddy from England is going to make of his new ride when he finally gets in it, it's got my old ST1200 4 speed Lenco from my dart and the nasty RAM iron clutch, not very user friendly and the 21.5x33 Hoosier radials and a spool will be a barrel of fun on the street.
Still dare to be different I say, I'm sure some of you saw this car at Orlando? It's Todd Shepard's old 62 Fury station wagon- very cool old bit of Mopar history, now brought right up to date!
And yes a ride in the Skyine is a definite possiblity once it's back

I've certainly seen the car at Orlando and it's got me wondering if it's Ernie Padgett's old wagon that had a 413 in it from years ago.

No it's Todd Shepard's old 62 wagon, he ran it in the NMCA outlaw street class, I'll dig out some pics of it and for reference I just borrowed this from the Moparts website, the big old beast is still the in the #2 slot!
Gawd knows what it will run now the mild steel cage is only legal for 8.50's these days, but it's still a great piece of history
http://www.moparts.com/Tech/Archive/race/4.html

Very nice Tweety!

Alot of people know me here and know I hate nothing more then a wanna be fast import. But I love how you think. Before I decided to do a street/strip version of my Dart I was calling Chassis Fab. shops all across the USA wanting to know a price of a full tube chassis built for road racing. I am very curious as to your findings and how you do this 'Skycuda' and would love to chat and discuss some more ideas with you.

It has been a long while since I was on this thread but saw how much attention it was getting so I had to take a peek. So here the list goes:

The Ultima GTR is indeed a true blend of both worlds. Scary HP in a light and very excellent handling package, just expensive compared to some of our users rides.

Nissan Skylines are a kicka$$ car straight from the factory, enough said.

I see ricers as a guy who has no idea of real HP, a guy who thinks an exhaust and air intake adds 100hp.

Now for some stories haha. My friends turboed Ecplise runs 12.8 in the 1/4 with a home made nasty looking 3" exhaust, no tip, muffler, or cat and a small hybrid turbo with 15-20lbs of boost, and M/T Slicks on the front. The total cost was roughly 4,500 dollars including the car. Now thats going fast on the cheap.

My mopar vs rice story goes as this. I have a 97 dodge ram 2500 with the 5.9 and 5 speed in it. Only thing done is headers (which I dont like). I was going over to Walmart with 2 of my friends in the truck and 4 of my friends in 2 other cars. I was leading this 'pack' when we came to a stop light and I pulled up next to a Cavalier with exhaust system and probably an air intake with the way it sounded. I just tapped the gas and it only went up to 1 grand. I hate stop lights and cant wait for them to change so when I am bored I play with the gas and ease up. Well anyways, the light turns green and I start off in 1st (granny gear) I just switch to 2nd and I am not even through the intersection yet when this Chebby nails the gas and no more then a slipt second later my instant reaction was to nail it too. My 17 year old friends instant reaction was to say, LOGAN DONT DO IT! I get up to 35 mph in 2nd and ready to shift to 3rd when a car pulls out from the gas station and goes in my lane like a fool so hear I am slamming on my brakes and clutch due to me not being able to go anywhere due to the Chebby being next to me. My friend is again saying, Please Logan dont do this! When he finally gets just barely in front of my bummper I cut over and lay her down again, shift at 3,750 rpm, ease it on in 3rd, get up to 60mph and hit 4th, then I see the Cavalier getting closer and closer then finally me blowing by him. I look at the gagues and the speedo read 110mph and the tach was reading 3500 rpm and me hearing him revving through 4th to shift to 5th. This is going through a city, double lanes though, through turns, up and down hills, with a 14 year old sitting in the back seat talking to his dad about whats going on with his cell phone, and my 17 year old friend finally saying BLOW HIS DOORS OFF. We laughed for the next hour at a 9000 lbs truck beating a small Cavailer.

I always type alot haha

I blew the doors off a Hummer in the one of my collection of old Chrysler Minivans the other day, it was so cool, 96 Dodge Carvan with the old 3 ltr V 6 whupping some yuppie type in his big black shiny hummer SUV...
Listen PM me and I'll give you my phone # I'm glad to chat with you and it looks as we'll have the wagon done in time for the Mopar Nats in England, lots to do between now and then though!

tweety said:
O-M-G that thing is beautiful :toothy7: :thumbup: :tongue9: :headbang:

if any kind sould has some web hosting available and broadband I have some video of the old heap burbling away...

And if you ever wondered what a few pounds of torque can do in a heavy car, 3600+lbs - the old wagon went to the track last night for the first time ZERO TUNING, the belts expired 7 years ago and running pump gas and 8 pounds of boost
9.30@145mph with a 1.50 60 foot and shifting at 5900RPM.
It's off to the chassis dyno at 1PM today, much, much more to come...

tweety said:
And if you ever wondered what a few pounds of torque can do in a heavy car, 3600+lbs - the old wagon went to the track last night for the first time ZERO TUNING, the belts expired 7 years ago and running pump gas and 8 pounds of boost
9.30@145mph with a 1.50 60 foot and shifting at 5900RPM.
It's off to the chassis dyno at 1PM today, much, much more to come...
Where did you go?
How did you get it through tech with 7 yr old belts?
That's one wild wagon

there was a speedshop at the track Norm!
The tech dude said no faster than 10's- tee hee.
It'll go much faster after a session on the chassis dyno today, you'll see it one day soon mate, and I've just got some carbon fibre mat to make the new cowl hood for it!

Was Friday a test and tune day?
What are you using to pull your trailer now?
I will have to stop in one day, but as usual, I have so much running to do.
I haven't even wiped the cobwebs off the Demon yet. I still need to get it to the track and do some tuning on the car and me. I think there's some nice low 11's in the combo, if I don't break anything.

next Friday's my birthday so I might just nip up to LVD, we shall have to see and the boss man of Mopar Action wants to do a photoshoot on the old heap, including a burnout at a McDonalds drivethru!!!
Next issue is getting the car finished up and in England in time for the Mopar Nats at the end of July- eek..
And finding some UV proof epoxy that I can use as a psuedo gel coat for the carbon fibre hood.......

tweety said:
No it's Todd Shepard's old 62 wagon, he ran it in the NMCA outlaw street class...

Yeah I know about that, I'm talking way back in the 70's though, before Todd owned it, and maybe even several owners prior.

Dunno the history before Todd, wow this old car has been around then! I wonder if anyone has any pictures of it back then??
Not sure how much time there will be prior to it going to England, lots to do between now and then, looks like it's all working good though

And that was just on a small amount of boost?
What was the 60' time. it looks slow coming off the line, but it sure picks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back