fun driving my VW on the street and blowing the doors off of anything
that got next to me. I was beating street Hemi's in the 1/8 mile. I was
running in the sevens with the car. 454 Chevelle's were not a problem
either.

Car was a 1964 VW setting on a 1955 Chevy frame with about 3 feet
cut out so the wheels would match the wheel wells. It had a 454 Chevy
Rat motor mounted in the front and a Turbo 400 tranny. The hood and
fender assembly tilted forward.

This car was fun.......wish I still had it!

454VWtext.jpg

Tony Fields said:
We didn't have any rice to contend with back in the late 1970's but it was
fun driving my VW on the street and blowing the doors off of anything
that got next to me. I was beating street Hemi's in the 1/8 mile. I was
running in the sevens with the car. 454 Chevelle's were not a problem
either.

Car was a 1964 VW setting on a 1955 Chevy frame with about 3 feet
cut out so the wheels would match the wheel wells. It had a 454 Chevy
Rat motor mounted in the front and a Turbo 400 tranny. The hood and
fender assembly tilted forward.

This car was fun.......wish I still had it!

454VWtext.jpg

That must have been crazy to drive.

Guitar Jones said:
Well not a ricer but a Mustwang. I was going to work one morning in my 73 Charger 440. It ran 11.50's in the quarter. Anyway I'm cruising down the road in traffic, in the left lane. In front of me in the right lane is a chick in a Mustang convertible with a license plate that read "BAD GT". Anyway as it happened we ended up next to each other first at the light. The light turns green and she takes off. It's a stick car and she is just flooring the throttle and banging the gears. I took off with just light throttle and was keeping up with her. I pushed the shifter into second and shortly thereafter decided she was annoying so I nailed the loud pedal. The car jumped up, started smoking the 12.5 Mickey street tires and just left her in the dust.

Until then I don't think she knew what "bad" really was.

Was the chic Hot?

7172 duster said:
NOT RICE but pretty good . CLICK ON PICTURE ..
7172duster
[/URL][/IMG]

Very, very, nice. Man the stance you have on your Duster is sweeeeeeeeeetttttttt. What size engine? Specs?

000_0039.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0285.jpg
[/IMG]
dyno414.jpg
[/IMG]INDY head monster ,904 trans. 5000 PTC converter,8 3/4 rear, 430 gear ,shift is at 6000 rpm . best time to date 10.52 @ 126 mph.

7172 duster said:
000_0039.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0285.jpg
[/IMG]
dyno414.jpg
[/IMG]INDY head monster ,904 trans. 5000 PTC converter,8 3/4 rear, 430 gear ,shift is at 6000 rpm . best time to date 10.52 @ 126 mph.

Damn did that guy you were racing know what he was getting himself into? Or was it bracket racing?

my daily driver is a stock 2wd v6 93 dakota, currently at 180k miles..early last spring i was out runing some errands and realise i was in the wrong lane for where i neaded to turn at the next light. this POS ricer pulls up next to me. this was worse than your avg ricer too, body kit not matching and falling off, caved in side door, tack as big as the stering wheel , fart can ,ect. side by side first @ the light. so being im first at the light i figure ill punch it to get ahead of him (not even thinking ricer boy would see this as a "race"). ive still got 700lbs of iorn in the bed for winter traction! I punched it at the light an hear him start winding it up an bangin gears. i keeped it floored an was actually pulling him!, but i wanted in that lane so figuring there was now room behind him i backed off an merged, laughing my arse off, wishing i had ben driving the duster that day

Now I won't go as far as to say Muscle rules/Rice drools, but I've owned both. Over the years I've owned Hot Rodded VW Beetles, Rabbits, and most recently a Hot Rodded Sentra SE-R. While there's no better feeling than brutal accelleration in V-8's, there's something to be said for hitting exit ramps at 3 time's the posted speed limit. While screaming through an exit ramp at 75 MPH my Wife would always be yelling " I hope YOUR having a good time!" The Sentra felt about as fast, maybe a bit quicker, than my Wife's GTI. I never ran the Sentra at the track.
ser1-vi.jpg

My SE-R had headers into a full high performance exhaust (non-buzzy...), K&N air filter, was lowered 3", Stress bars front & rear, drilled rotors, braided steel brake lines, 50 series rubber. While I advoided the temptation to tint the windows (to advoid the stereo-type) I did enjoy throwing this thing around like a rag-doll. The reason I sold it? It was a matter of time before I wadded it up into a ball and killed myself and/or my Wife. THAT'S how the Dart came into the family.
DodgeDart031-vi.jpg

And this is my Wife's car, a bone stock 2004 VW GTI with a 1.8 Turbo 4 cylinder / 5 spd. automatic. This thing clicked off a 15.4 @ 90 MPH bone stock. They way it will remain.

Small cars can be fun, but I NEVER went looking for a knife fight with a guy holding a gun....

BTW: Horspower rules.

those import fart buckets are around here all the time. looks fast, but isn't. i agree with the body kit falling off, but i have a big new fart can mentality. its great.

i was on the freeway one time crusin back from a local show, with the tach at about 2500 rpm, when out of nowhere a toyota corolla S with a glowing blue dash pulls next to me and keeps going forward,backward,forward.....trying to get my attention. he thought his neon dash would have given him at least 2hp. after him doing this for about 30 seconds, i dropped it into 2nd, took it up to about 6,000rpm, shifted to 3rd and took it until about 4500rpm(i guess about 100-110?), he was at least 10 cars back, then backed it off down to 70mph. about a minute later he comes up next to me, looking like a just took a crap on his hood, and then took off so i could hear his BIG exhaust. a feeling of pure contentment and satisfaction came over me...............

DragginMAster said:
it would be fun to join a ricer forum and find their Mopar vs. Rice thread. I wonder what it would be called.

I think I will join one now just for fun.

Two younger guys were jumping there car at the lite next to me. I really dont know what it was but it looked like maybe a Mazda ?? They were actually cool as one of them looked over and laughed like he knew I would spank them bad. I did. I dont street race but I nailed it and I had my sticky street tires that spun a little and then hooked and I was gone. They didn't even try. It was fun and I never went over 60 mph but by 50 they were a dot in my mirrow. It was fun and they were cool about it. Ron

I haven't posted on here in a long time I hope Adam R is still on here?
Just a small observation about this thread, you might want to check out some of the NOPI races, you might just get a surprise? I must admit to being drawn a little to the' dark side' myself and can very much appreciate both sides of the pacific's efforts to make fast cars.
Plenty of my Mopar buddies have had a ride in my Nissan Skyline and everyone has gotten out of the car deeply impressed, my thoughts is don't knock it until you've tried it.

skyline 2.jpg

skylines are skylines and mopars are mopars. if its an import or tuner it sucks in my mind. so what if its faster, the styling sucks. i have been in some fast tuners, they still don't impress me. the exhaust note has to go, those fart cans are stupid. a mitsubishi evo @ $40,000 may seem good for a 2 liter engine that makes somewhere around 350-400 hp, but look at it, it looks like a pile of ****. if it was given to me i'd sell it to by a mopar, even a slant 6 or 318 car. enjoy your tuner and good bye.

oh dear that was not quite the response I was expecting, check out the yellow cuda on the picture bit that's mine as well. BTW the little black car will be making over 500HP at the wheels and can use all of those because it's 4WD and technically one of the most advanced sports cars ever made.
I like the old Mopars to cruise in too...
I shall leave the site then bye

Don't let a few radicals chase you away Tweety. Some people know that a 500HP ricer will in most cases leave a 500HP a-body in it's dust. I just don't like the fart can crowd. I have yet to see a fast ricer that had a fart can on it. The fart can crowd are usually just a bunch of wannabees. LOL

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back