Mopars Invade Indy 2014 (Monster Mopar Weekend)

-
Gunbunny kilkare is around Dayton oh looks like closest motel is a holiday inn express 20 minutes away.too far for me and my buddy to travel wife says she's not going this year. I guess I will go to st Louis if they have one.
I made reservations at a Ramada that is 6-8 minutes away. That doesn't sound bad at all. I've never been to KilKare but I'm going. Can't wait! I've raced at Indy quit a few times...never cared for it. The track always seems greasy and some of the track officials seem to have a crappy attitude. I'm glad to finally get to go to a Mopar race, other than the Mopar Muscle Classic in Clay City Ky, that offers 1/8 mile racing. Any 1/4 mile racer can race on an 1/8 mile track...but not all 1/8 mile racers can race on a 1/4 mile track. It gives more people a chance to get involved. But...no matter when or where you have the show...some people are gonna complain.

How were the room rates???? You going down on thurs or Friday--Steve

yea mopar action will not return to st.louis in 2014

I have been going for many years.The Indy show is not as good as it was in St Louis but give it another few years and it will be.Still a very good show with racing,and a pretty decent swap meet,and car corral.You can drive your car in or come over to the FABO tent always a place to sit there.Plenty of FABO members at the tent to meet and BS with.I think Indy needs to change the month of the show because it always seems to rain at the show. Please just do not bring the rain with you...LOL

Jim

I was just on Stephens Performance website on they will have a booth set up at MMW return to St Louis 2014! Looks like they may have a MMW twice in 2014 like they did in 2012.One in Indy and one in St Louis..Has anyone here heard on a 2014 MMW at St Louis??

I searched it and it says it will be at Gateway in STL Sept 5-7th 2014, i checked MMW website and there is nothing about any 2014 dates yet

Ive heard that st louis is infact getting monster mopar weekend back and having it in september again. Im glad cause mega mopar was a joke. There was hardly anyone there and the street elimintator class I run in was completely messed up. I run in the 10's and after registering and running like 4 passes they decided to tell me it was a 12.00 class which was never specified in the flyer i got to pre register it had allways been street tires mufflers license and insurance and no slower than 17.00 i believe. So i had to slow down over 2 seconds. So after a few trips to the drag tower and showing them what i got in the mail with no time limit specified they still didnt want to do anything for me.

The word on the local grapevine is Scott, the guy who started Monster Mopar back in 84, will have a Monster Mopar in St. Louis in Sept. Not really sure if or any connection with Josh's shows, but Scott does know how to promote the show and it should be pretty good.

Great communication going on here. I will be at Kil Kare that weekend even if the show doesn't happen there. Unless it's Closer then St. Louis Ill be at Kil Kare watching the normal junk.

The word on the local grapevine is Scott, the guy who started Monster Mopar back in 84, will have a Monster Mopar in St. Louis in Sept. Not really sure if or any connection with Josh's shows, but Scott does know how to promote the show and it should be pretty good.
I am going to fallow your lead on the St.Louis show :glasses7:
Thank you and keep us updated

Word on the strret is that there is NO st.louis event and scott has disappeared into vapor -it was a rumor-from facebook-steve

Word on the strret is that there is NO st.louis event and scott has disappeared into vapor -it was a rumor-from facebook-steve
well shoot me down and throw me in the creek.. Dang swifter, when is this all going to get resolved, or am I going to have to make the trip to
Kil Kare... :coffee2:

cool-then is it someone other than this Scott everyone talks about????? what is the date of the event????? something we might want to go to--Steve

there is NOTHING on gateway's calendar about this--HUM--what is it with the MMW events???? Steve

I hope GIR is doing some more scheduling on their web site for Mopar weekend but i havent even seen a super chebby or ford weekend on their bilboard outside the track!

I was talking about the St.Louis race longarm--Steve

cool-then is it someone other than this Scott everyone talks about????? what is the date of the event????? something we might want to go to--Steve

there is NOTHING on gateway's calendar about this--HUM--what is it with the MMW events???? Steve

It will be Scott if it happens in St. Louis, from what I've heard the date is going to be in Sept like it always was. I'll do some checking around and try to get some updates.

As far as Gateway's calender, they have never been up to date on anything I've ever checked on so I don't even go to their website anymore.

LO-Blow you know you would think that web-sites is the FIRST thing that would be up to date-but NO it doesn't happen--Steve

LO-Blow you know you would think that web-sites is the FIRST thing that would be up to date-but NO it doesn't happen--Steve

I agree, I don't know how they can expect good turn outs if the general public isn't informed. Where do they think the attendee's come from?

Monster mopar show dates/June 28&29 kilkare drag way,Xenia Ohio/September 5-7 gateway park st.louis/September 23-25 Lucas oil raceway browns burg indiana /September 12-14 summit Motorsports Norwalk ohio

Well I am sure glad I check out these forums, my wife and I were planning to attend this event,It would have been our first, I would have showed up and no-one would be there.

-
Back