more than just a screen name

-
Definite resemblance there. What a little cutie (Bella). :)
I've got two of them. Nothing like it.

Thanks ......she is my first, from my daughter, and we be having another one this Monday, from my son ...another girl......Lilly Marie. :blob:

S=first name Steven
M=middle name Michael
L=last name Laskowski
Also, SML is an abbreviation for "small"
VEIGHT=V8 and is my 2nd small block Mopar
The "IS" was a typo on my part, no relevance whatsoever!
There ya have it, mystery solved.

I'll just call you Steve:D

I got my nick when I was 18...
I played in Hamburg in an American Football Club. At this time I reached the 2-meter-mark, and in 1981 that was really tall. And I had roundabout 130 kg ( 290 lbs ) of weight...
One day we played against another team, their coach told one player he should tackle me - the guy looked up and cried: This guy is big and bad!
So, next play my coach changed my name at the shirt to "big&bad" - and I kept it for my life...

Got the knick name a while back after good morning vietnam came out...... Dan the man levatan

My online alias isn't overly clever, however it'll always be apart of me.
and it's the same on every forum I visit, be it for cars, trucks, motorcycles, tools, eBay, Paypal, U-ship, Amazon, ... :thumrigh:

Naming cars was popular and gave them some "personality". I always likes '60's & early '70's music. "Locomotion" was originally done by "Little Eva" in '62 (written by Carol King) and re-done by Grand Funk railroad in '74. One definition of "locomotion" that I found was "power of movement", which I thought was fitting for a race car. I started using it on my cars in '79 and it continued on the internet screen names because that's how many people knew me.

I always thought that it would be cool to get pic and/or autograph from Eva Narcissus Boyd, but figured it would be to difficult to track her down, if I even got the nerve up to try. In 2003 I was planning to attend a race in Kinston, NC, where I had raced a few times before in previous years. Several months before the scheduled race, I heard that "Little Eva" had passed away where she had been living - in Kinston, NC!

I had considered "Good Vibrations" for the car, but it was taken.

My daily is my VERY slow going build/driver, a '75 Dodge Dart Sport "Hang 10"...hence Hang10Mike :)

Naming cars was popular and gave them some "personality". I always likes '60's & early '70's music. "Locomotion" was originally done by "Little Eva" in '62 (written by Carol King) and re-done by Grand Funk railroad in '74. One definition of "locomotion" that I found was "power of movement", which I thought was fitting for a race car. I started using it on my cars in '79 and it continued on the internet screen names because that's how many people knew me.

I always thought that it would be cool to get pic and/or autograph from Eva Narcissus Boyd, but figured it would be to difficult to track her down, if I even got the nerve up to try. In 2003 I was planning to attend a race in Kinston, NC, where I had raced a few times before in previous years. Several months before the scheduled race, I heard that "Little Eva" had passed away where she had been living - in Kinston, NC!

I had considered "Good Vibrations" for the car, but it was taken.

That song brings back memories. I think its a great car name. Got any race videos?

Well my name is pretty easy to figure out ..I have a Dart and well i'm a Dude lol as for thee 335 ..its my fav. plane a World War 2 German Dorneir Do.335

Attachments

• Dornier_Do_335_Pfeil_Arrow_by_bagera3005.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 210
  • P1010335.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 181
1st valiant was 65 hard top 2nd was 64 convertible and that's what I had when I joined the site (64conv65hard). Added to the car collection but knew I couldn't add to my username so left well enough alone..

My first car was a 1974 Plymouth Duster. Too close to having been 72fordltd or worse yet 76buickdelta88. Liked the Ford but it got sold the day before my dad wanted to buy it and luckily the Buick wouldn't go over 60 on the highway. A dealer friend of the family had this red and white Plymouth on the lot with a 198ci six cylinder in it. He convinced my dad that the small six wouldn't get me into any trouble. Proved him wrong several times. Maybe my parents should have bought that Buick!

What a great thread! Now I know I'm not creative.
Wade
Rogers
Bond
426= HEMI of coarse (dream engine)

Enjoying visiting this thread again. It's a good one for sure, but now I am back to...

"...changing my screen name, should I or shouldn't I, hmmm..." :banghead:

Mines not too hard. I love Mopar and I'm a first time father of a now 1.5yro girl named Phoenix! As most of you can tell by my signature and/or avatar, she's my world!

Back in the 80's I was the V.P. of an M.C.
and Wheels was my Club name , given to me by
my Brothers. "if it had wheels I could fix it" and thats
why they gave me the name. All these years later
people still call me Wheels and some are still scared of me.
LOL. Just kidding. I'm not really scary any more ,I'm just old and grumpy.
LMAO. Cheers.

I got my nickname from my old boss.
He was a big guy - really lazy. One day he came up to me and said
"Kyle, I want you to know that I hate you. I hate you so much it feels racist."​
later he said
"I need to come up with a derogatory term for your people."​
"My people?"
"Yea, your people."​
"You mean white people?"
"No, I'm too lazy to be racist against a whole race, so I've decided that I'm going to be racist against just you."​
"Interesting..."
A few days go by of him walking in the room, exclaiming that he's got it only to say
"No, that's not horrible enough."​
"It doesn't capture how much I hate you."​
Finally the day came.
"I got it all figured out. Your last name is Ducken, right?"​
"Yea..."
"So that makes you a Damned Dirty Dunko..."​

I kinda liked it so it stuck.

-
Back