more virus talk about fabo...

-
'tis true FABO is full of virus's my computer nearly crashed because of it

It's not the site, it's the Google ads. Protect yourself from those and you will be fine. Run Firefox, ad blocker plus and use Bing instead of Google.

Avast free edition on the anti virus.

I don't see any of the Google ads since I switched to Bing for my homepage.

Yeah it sucks...
Crashed 2x between fbbo and fabo. Total up to $300. In repairs and installed firefox adblock new adobe java etc. I know its not joeys fault but i would have loved to spend the 300. On parts not my computer...

I forgot about Java. If you have it installed on your system remove it and get the latest version. Also keep your operating software up to date.

I have absolutely 0 problems.

Have not had a problem but I am using Firefox with AdBlocker and keep Adobe and Java up to date. I also run Anti-Mal-Ware several times a week....

im here every single day and i have never caught a virus or even gotten so much as a warning. the people catching **** are not taking care of their computers and updating their malware or anitvirus. i run a full system scan every other day and i have never gotten one single infection from here. i use EI and Comodo with malewarebytes. its so easy to blame FABO after catching a disease from their nasty *** **** sites.

I've had no problems, my AVG catches them and removes all viruses.

its all a bunch of bullshit. im here every single day and i have never caught a virus or even gotten so much of a warning. the people catching **** are not taking care of their computers or updating their malware or anitvirus. i run a full system scan every other day and i have never gotten one single infection from here. i use EI and Comodo with malewarebytes. its so easy to blame FABO after catching **** from their nasty *** **** sites.

Agree. I got one hit in early Oct. Updated my Java and have been clean ever since. Was on FBBO, the truck site and FMJ or whatever it's called today.....just fine. I have IE, Micro essentials and malwarebytes. I update & scan almost everyday and all's good so far.

im here every single day and i have never caught a virus or even gotten so much of a warning. the people catching **** are not taking care of their computers or updating their malware or anitvirus. i run a full system scan every other day and i have never gotten one single infection from here. i use EI and Comodo with malewarebytes. its so easy to blame FABO after catching a disease from their nasty *** **** sites.

Moparts has a nasty **** site? I really should check in there more often....

I've never had a problem with viruses from here. My son often visits those gaming sites and has picked up a few viruses from them...... but none from FABO:cheers:

Agree. I got one hit in early Oct. Updated my Java and have been clean ever since. Was on FBBO, the truck site and FMJ or whatever it's called today.....just fine. I have IE, Micro essentials and malwarebytes. I update & scan almost everyday and all's good so far.
hey Rick, i see you finally got one to actually "quote" LOL :D

If I say I haven't had a problem, I would shortly. I look at my computer as a problem waiting to happen. :computer: :error:

............................Linux.............................

actually the linux cd or dvd will adjust the partition for you and set up the dual boot system....mint says it found windows7 and do you want to install it along side of it...and it gives you the option of wiping out windows all together too

I live on this site, I mean I hit it 5-10 times a day from 2 different computers and I never picked anything up. I run Google Chrome with AdBlock. I occasionally get a "certificate expired" but I just blow through it. I dont even run a virus protection, just Win7 and whatever they use. I used to run XP and had 2-3 running at a time and malwarebytes, asassin, etc. Now its smooth sailing. CrapCleaner and SlimDriver occasionally...

I'll share my experience and assume others saw the same...
About 6 weeks ago my junior brought me a used Bazooka subwolfer cannon.
I had to fix several little things wrong with its electrical but proud to have it.
I went to Amazon in search of mounting brackets and the speaker grille for the thing.
Afterwards the ads on these forum pages became almost exclusively Bazooka Bass Tube at Amazon.
How and why ? Those in the business of selling stuff have found how to incorperate the same adware scripts in their strategy that are considered bad and/or unwanted by other softwares.
What happens in simple terms, Your offense sees a enemy tank rolling in on the freeway. Their efforts to stop it blow up the freeway, i.e. system crash.
Those like myself who dont have certain 3rd party offense programs running haven't had a problem.
So far Microsoft Security Essntials has done a good job of preparing for whats rolling down the informaton super highway today and tomorrow.

And yes those programs can be considered defense or offense.

-
Back