most annoying, harmless noises?

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
what's the most annoying harmless noise that has happened or is happening with your Mopar? I know this damn header exhaust leak drives me bonkers! I also have a belt rubbing a bolt and that's pretty damn annoying too!

so what's yours? I'm sure there is more annoying ones out there, like the god awful noise of speedometer bearings that went bad(had that happen and now have no speedo lol)

One i have but is not real annoying but i hear is common is the infamous 4 speed tranny whine

Glazed over brake shoes
A constant exhaust leak where header pipe meets the manifold.

I once put a long plastic pull tie on a buddy's driveshaft. It annoyed the ^&$&* out of him until he figured it out. LOL

Bryan Adams coming through, clearly, on the radio!! Oooooh, that really annoys me.

Oh that's a great sound! :D I love Brian Adams!!

The worst noise from my Duster is a LACK of noise!! Can't wait to get it runnin!! :burnout:

Have had a couple magnum motors w stretched slapping timing chains. Annoying as hell.....

The plastic dash parts in my sixpack RR used to squeak. I'd listen to that 24 hrs a day if I could have that car back!!!!

81sruds.jpg

The constant whining of a gear drive timing set. Sounded cool at 1st. after a week its anoying

For many years I thought that placing the noisy wiper linkage inside the cabin was the worst mistake Chrysler ever made. After a complete rebuild I found that these wipers can operate very quietly.

what's the most annoying harmless noise that has happened or is happening with your Mopar?

Annoying "harmless" noise...

Like when the ex won't shut up. And I get so mad that I finally have to bound and gag her and throw her in the back... And she still struggles and squeals to get free.... That's an annoying "harmless" noise that I can ignore....

I can dream can't I???

When the kids are playing hide and seek in the car.........

Squeaking door hinges.
Static on the radio.
Squeaking windshield wipers.
Loose and rattling or squeaking dash parts.
Something rolling around in the trunk like tools.

wind whistle and not being able to figure out where from.................:banghead:

Door lock rod vibrating inside the door, or electric fuel pump whine.... grrr

I think it's this noise.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAWoP1kncRE"]Dumb And Dumber (1994) - The Most Annoying Sound In The World - YouTube[/ame]

Backing plate rubbing when you didn't have a clue that you bent it. Or a rock in there

Flowmaster drone! Also the annoying interior squeak or rattle that changes places about the time you think you get close to identifying the cause.

styrofoam cooler lid squeaking in the back set.
loose torque convertor bolts (my mommyvan post)
wind whistle past a bad piece of quarter window seal.
buddy talking about how much of a ***** his wife/girlfriend is....
wifes radio station
Harley next to me or in front of me for more than about 2 seconds.
wheel lock socket rolling around in the glove compartment
Loud rap music within 3-4 cars of me in traffic when you cant move......
lifter tick or mechanical valve tick

-
Back