most ridiculous trade for your mopar

-

macho781988

your resident horses a$$
Reaction score
the mail man just left and he was talking to my brother about my 78 macho PW and he offered a 3 wheeler in trade for it! wats the most ridiculous thing someone offered you for a mopar?

just yesterday a guy wanted to trade a 318 Duster for my truck which btw is a Chevy and I told him my transmission was worth more then his Duster and it is

I have a 2000 dodge ram 2500 4x4 5spd diesel. I have been offered an 03 ford crown vic police cruiser and a chevy trail blazer together as well as somebody offering me a lincoln navigator for trade. I told the guy witht he lincoln the value of his is no where near mine and the guy with the crown vic and trail blazer that those 2 together could never meet the value of just the cummins engine

I wanted to trade my 68 RR for a comparable 4 -speed muscle car, and was offered everything but!

Attachments

• car show 013 (1280x853).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 651
Supercharged Grand Prix.. various late 90's crotch rockets.. and riced out lime green Saturn.... that actually had about $9000 in stereo equipment. Ha

I listed my truck (see pic) on a local classified site for sale or trade. It was only listed for an hour when some idiot offered to trade me his playstation 3 even for my Ram. I emailed him back and offered him the hood ornament off the truck for his ps3. This truck is in excellent shape and is still wearing 100% of its original paint. I don't understand why people waste their time & mine if they are not interested in an item. If I'm not interested in an item or don't like the way it's listed I just laugh and ignore it I wouldn't send stupid offers or remarks:banghead:

Attachments

• IMGP0894small.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 525
In high school, I traded my 75 nova 6 cylinder 4 speed even up for a 68 GTS 383 even up. The nova was super clean, and the dart was in primer, my parents were not happy about the trade, they thought I got screwed!

In high school, I traded my 75 nova 6 cylinder 4 speed even up for a 68 GTS 383 even up. The nova was super clean, and the dart was in primer, my parents were not happy about the trade, they thought I got screwed!

a GTS car in primer?!?! who stole it from hurst!

What year was this? That could make a lot of difference in (some) people's perception's of the fairness of the deal at the time. Don't think it'd change mine. :mrgreen:

I had a 1969 charger and a guy would come to my house every week for two months wanting to buy it.

1st visit he offered me $3,000
2nd visit he offered me the cash plus a dirt bike
3rd visit he offered me the cash a dirt bike and a quad

Final visit he offered me the cash the two bikes and his beat-up dodge pick-up 1985.

I told him he was not even close.

A couple weeks later I sold it for 10k to pay for my wifes wedding ring and trip to Hawaii for our honeymoon.

Not to the same guy.

What year was this? That could make a lot of difference in (some) people's perception's of the fairness of the deal at the time. Don't think it'd change mine. :mrgreen:

It was about 1985, the car had major wiring problem's, so I took it to a local shop I didn't have the money to fix it, and it was sitting there for over a year. I went in the Navy, the shop went tit's up, and the car was sent to a local scrap yard and crushed. I still have the title for the car somewhere, my mom gave it to me a couple years ago, she found it in her safe.

It was about 1985, the car had major wiring problem's, so I took it to a local shop I didn't have the money to fix it, and it was sitting there for over a year. I went in the Navy, the shop went tit's up, and the car wash sent to a local scrap yard and crushed. I still have the title for the car somewhere, my mom gave it to me a couple years ago, she found it in her safe.

:(

when my Prowler, was new a guy who's Dad had just won the Indy Lotto had a 27 touring T and think a 66/67 Nova, wanted to know if I would trade my New Prowler for those 2 cars.

well I still have the Prowler

just yesterday a guy wanted to trade a 318 Duster for my truck which btw is a Chevy and I told him my transmission was worth more then his Duster and it is

I remember telling a guy with a Chuv truck that my 340's crank was worth more than his whole truck. Must have come full circle.

i got my twister on ebay right now, and someone just offered me a restored 192?'s john deere tractor!. lol, yea, right. what the heck would i do with that??????????????

three wheelers suck,have a steel femur because of one. i traded a 1980 toyota supra for a 70 road runner.the guy actually was the one who offered the rr .couldn't trade fast enough...

damn so its not just me thats good to know. oh and to hot lines that said a chevy trans is worth more a 318 duster YOURE ON THE WRONG SITE DUDE!!! and a 1920s john deere depending on the condition can worth some dough. and i know the reason they offer ridiculous crap is cause the just want a profit turn over and i say **** that and **** u to the guys that buy somones pride a joy to sell it, or guys that buy a project vehicle cheap just to crush it. do a little research damnit! you dont have to make a profit off everything and i say if thats all youre after buy those rice rockets and leave the real cars alone!!!!!!!!!!!

I traded my '71 Challenger for a '73 Vega, had to pay boot! later, a guy offered his '65 Corvette and $100 for the Vega! I turned him down! The Arab oil embargo, you had to be there to understand.

Before my girlfriend and I were together, her ex offered me his dirt bike for my 70 Dart.. I pulled into the farm, they were there buying hay, he says 'Wow!! Nice Dart!', I say 'Oh, thanks!', he says 'I'll trade you my dirt bike for it' .. Ya.. thanks.

Well, at one time I was the one offering the trade, but no crap, just even up. I had a 64 Belvedere with a 440 and BB pushbutton trans, and was working accross the street from where a 67 GTX was sitting. The X had all it's original drivetrain and a 6pak intake and Corvette tri-power air cleaner on it. It had a spun bearing in the motor. I watched that car all summer and would go over at lunch and run numbers on all of it's components, all of which were matching. One day I decided to drive the Belvy to work and offer him a trade even up, a running car for a non-running one. He couldn't jump on that deal fast enough, and neither could I. I had my buddy there with his flatbed within the hour and caught a ride home with him and the car, leaving the Belvy and the title behind. That was in 1995. What happened to the X?

Well, I sold the 6Pak setup and the tri-power air cleaner and rebuilt the motor and had the car painted. Still in the garage to this day!! As for the Belvy, I saw it a couple years later, not thinking it was my same car. Stopped to look at it and realized it was my old car. The windows were so steamed up from the interior being rainsoaked from a bad wiper pivot seal that when I opened the door Amazonian birds flew out and ferns were growing inside it. The same guy owned it and was asking $3500.00 for it, so I guess I got the better deal in the long run. At the time of the deal, we were both very happy campers!!! Geof

Attachments

• mopar pic3.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 254
-
Back