Mustang boss 302 vs mopar!

-
back in the eighties I used to street race a guy with a 70' boss 302, with one of my 340 dusters, and I could just smoke that mustang every time.....but the Boss will be a car that is always worth more dollar wise. The Boss never really was a very good quarter mile preformer, compared to the 340 mopars.

Depends on what you like. You would attract more high-end mall girls in the Mustang, but a wild country girl would jump in the Mopar everytime. Just watch Boomhauer on King of the Hill.

Depends on what you like. You would attract more high-end mall girls in the Mustang, but a wild country girl would jump in the Mopar everytime. Just watch Boomhauer on King of the Hill.

Okay by that theory, asian imports get sticks, US and europe cars get Barbie, then im going for low riders (and i dont even like lowriders)! Pick a low rider mag and look at the models that show up there they have tits, ***, and curves and not afraid to show it. Im totally not into stick girls or chicks with big tits only. If the girl isn't built like Vida guerra or jayden jaymes (just to give you guys someone to picture in your mind) I'm not interested! Just look at my sig :twisted:

73AbodEE said:
where do you think mopar would have been with the birds and daytonas had they not been banned from running a hemi and limited to 355 CI

defending the pentestar on a mopar site ...ludacris

Fords aero cars were limited too. The reason was they were just running all together to fast. If they hadn't been limited Ford had a winged car ready to go too, as well as, a 427 OHC v8. They may or may not have continued to be dominant.

I am a car guy I like Mopar and GM and Ford. I was a teenager during the muscle car era and worked on all of them to pay my way through college. No one manufacture dominated on the street. It was much more a function of the skill of the drivers ability to get the power to the ground than what brand it was.

Fords aero cars were limited too. The reason was they were just running all together to fast. If they hadn't been limited Ford had a winged car ready to go too, as well as, a 427 OHC v8. They may or may not have continued to be dominant.

it wasnt that ford was limited, 75% of fords racing program was squashed by iacocca. their "winged" car was not a wing car but the King cobra that was nothing more than a nose glued onto a torino. the only way nascar could keep it competetive was to ban the hemi from the birds or knock down their CI. (to 305 and not 355) the 1970 season was only the beginning of total domination until nascar stepped in and cried because the mopars were now running the show and it was bad for business. so teams were going to the 71 B body dodge and plymouth bodies with full hemi power and continued to win. not taking away credit from ford, because without them the birds and daytonas would have never existed. chevrolet wasnt even a factor until nascar brought everyone back down to their level. and yes, i am passionate about it, you can say all you want about ford this and that which is fine, but i think you know that nothing could beat the hemi in a daytona....except nascar as an entity

nothing like them hemis.

Gotta love big motors with sparkplugs coming out the center of the valve cover

jk87jb.jpg

:eek:ops:

I am a car guy I like Mopar and GM and Ford. I was a teenager during the muscle car era and worked on all of them to pay my way through college. No one manufacture dominated on the street. It was much more a function of the skill of the drivers ability to get the power to the ground than what brand it was.

Probably the best statement yet...and I agree. I like them all too.

Ford still sucks.

it wasnt that ford was limited, 75% of fords racing program was squashed by iacocca. their "winged" car was not a wing car but the King cobra that was nothing more than a nose glued onto a torino. the only way nascar could keep it competetive was to ban the hemi from the birds or knock down their CI. (to 305 and not 355) the 1970 season was only the beginning of total domination until nascar stepped in and cried because the mopars were now running the show and it was bad for business. so teams were going to the 71 B body dodge and plymouth bodies with full hemi power and continued to win. not taking away credit from ford, because without them the birds and daytonas would have never existed. chevrolet wasnt even a factor until nascar brought everyone back down to their level. and yes, i am passionate about it, you can say all you want about ford this and that which is fine, but i think you know that nothing could beat the hemi in a daytona....except nascar as an entity
well said !!!!

Actually im pretty sure a high end mall girl would go for chryslers bada$$ paint schemes,and somethin about that damn demon logo makes me go crazy.mopar rules fomoco drools..maybe the site should be called "for abodies and sometimes fords.com lol

Also, on a side note, I hate to burst y'all's bubbles, but 90% of girls under 30 aren't going to know what your duster or dart is, much less give a crap about what manufacturer made it ;)

If I were to be given either one for free, I'd take the Ford. Then I'd sell it and put the money in my valiant!

Also, on a side note, I hate to burst y'all's bubbles, but 90% of girls under 30 aren't going to know what your duster or dart is, much less give a crap about what manufacturer made it ;)

LOL, i here ya. My kids are in there 30s & 40s and they don't know what a Gremlin, Vega or Pinto is.

Anybody says Ford had any street credo back in the day is either uneducated or stupid.

Look at the Ford 302 rods. 5.155" in length. By sharp contrast, look at the small block Mopar rod at 6.123". There's no doubt which engine is stronger. I put the Ford rods first because this is the only time they'll ever be in front. To put the pics into perspective, the 302 has a 2.00" crankpin and the small block Mopar 2.124, so you get an idea of the size of the rods.

Ford sucks.

But the 302 had only a 3 inch stroke, it was built for high rpm's

Blueprint that engine and use a 4.30 gear in back and hang on

I have to dig out my Feb 1970 car and driver. They pitted a couple year old 289 Cobra vs. an LS6 Chevelle vs. 1970 340 Duster vs. Boss 302 Mustang. The Mustang was by far the slowest of the bunch.

The only post worth a damn in this whole thing......

I have to dig out my Feb 1970 car and driver. They pitted a couple year old 289 Cobra vs. an LS6 Chevelle vs. 1970 340 Duster vs. Boss 302 Mustang. The Mustang was by far the slowest of the bunch.

Yes and the 302 came stock with a 6,100 rev limiter.

If you would had blueprinted the engine, let it have a true 11.5 to 1 compression and loose 4.30 gears--and rev it to 7,500 plus, then what ?

If you would had blueprinted the engine, let it have a true 11.5 to 1 compression and loose 4.30 gears--and rev it to 7,500 plus, then what ?
It would have blown itself apart. Now a 273 on the other hand.......

true- but they just have to see that Plum Crazy paint and they don't care what it is, they just want a ride.

Then what? Then nuthin cause it never happened. blah blah blah.

Ford sucks.

Ridden in the Boss 302 in my earlier post,try mid 7000s,with bearing clearancing. They do not,blown apart.The problem is in the oiling system,you need to rework it.Also, the Boss 302/351 blocks have extra meat in the main webs,compared to a standard 351c.

true- but they just have to see that Plum Crazy paint and they don't care what it is, they just want a ride.

Most automotively uneducated girls I know have a different opinion about metallic purple paint jobs. In that, to them (not trying to be offensive... Just telling the truth), they're either "gay" or "ghetto."

Not dissing Plum Crazy. I love it. :3

-
Back