My '67 Valiant 100 Big Block 4 Speed Restoration

-
Was your gas tank in bad shape? I pulled one from my parts car (1967 valiant) and drain it. Last I recall it has a small dent but no holes. Its been sitting on the shelf at my moms house for the last year. PM me if your interested.

great work! Another young gun like myself flying through a project. You will be done in no time!

Cool project. I finished my four speed conversion in june.

Keep up the good work.

Antoon

Thank you all for the complements:color:. Too bad its so freaking cold out side which makes it tuff to work on it.:angry7:

O.k. so I spent all last night digging the car out from under all the crap that buried it. Amazing what in a months time could amass:disgust: Anyway now that its all clear I can start working on it again:cheers: My dad is going to try and straiten that quarter panel because a search for one has turned up nothing:angry7: Also I was looking at the SB k-fram I have and it has a washer welded to the front so I guess that means it came from a 340 car:read2:

Very nice build! looking forward to seeing the rest of the build.

Looks like we have a man on a mission !!!!!

Nice work,keep it up !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!

You have a nice 2 door valiant. A lot of work ahead, but it is worth of it! Keep going!
Here is a few pictures of my friends Iiro's and Kimmo's Valiant in the early 90's.

Attachments

• Kolsarinkujalla-pihalla.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 808
  • Kolsarinkujalla-pihalla2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 806
Really enjoy watching your progress, I picked up my 69 Valiant about a year ago but progress has been a little slow due to unexpected health problem,cant wait till it warms up around here to get out and work on it again.What are you planning on using for front brakes on yours? I'm converting to disc and still looking over all my options.
Tim

Really enjoy watching your progress, I picked up my 69 Valiant about a year ago but progress has been a little slow due to unexpected health problem,cant wait till it warms up around here to get out and work on it again.What are you planning on using for front brakes on yours? I'm converting to disc and still looking over all my options.
Tim

Thanks! Ya, the cold sucks:( I'm probably going to use manuel disk brakes off a '73 and later A-body. Hope you get better soon:)

Up-date: I finally got enough money to buy a new AMD floor pan. Now I just have to pick a weekend to go and pick one up at the distribution center in Conneticut.

cudacrazy thank you for all your help:)

Up-date: I finally got enough money to buy a new AMD floor pan. Now I just have to pick a weekend to go and pick one up at the distribution center in Conneticut.

Wise choice right there. Fix it right the first time and be done with it. In the end this is the most effective route to take.

looks good!!!!!!!!! another red interior!! cool been a pain to find the interior parts so far for mine

progress is good!

i was just fixin to mask for interior/underhood/doorjamb spray after what seems like months of sanding, and i spotted some bubbling. when i tried to scrape the bubbles off, my scraper went right through, man i was bummed! it was rusted big time on the pass. side door jamb and cowl support. so i got some courage and went after it, lots of grindin, cuttin, and so on. i think it'll be ok. its not the prettiest bodywork, but the repair is damn strong and will likely outlive me. now i'm back to prepping for paint, only a week of paint progress lost.
fyi, i'm doin this in the basement of my condo.
keep up the good work and keep us posted on your build young gun!
Valiants rule

Attachments

• 10-4-2010 007_1.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 666
  • jpeg_reencoded.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 680
  • 0202111650b.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 680
Pauly That work isnt bad at all man!

Im just happy that Im not the only one dealing with this stuff.
Fortunately Im just about caught up with you Pauly. I have a bit more rust removal them Im on to an eternity of filler and sanding! I want this thin painted for this season!!!!!! LOL

progress is good!

i was just fixin to mask for interior/underhood/doorjamb spray after what seems like months of sanding, and i spotted some bubbling. when i tried to scrape the bubbles off, my scraper went right through, man i was bummed! it was rusted big time on the pass. side door jamb and cowl support. so i got some courage and went after it, lots of grindin, cuttin, and so on. i think it'll be ok. its not the prettiest bodywork, but the repair is damn strong and will likely outlive me. now i'm back to prepping for paint, only a week of paint progress lost.
fyi, i'm doin this in the basement of my condo.
keep up the good work and keep us posted on your build young gun!
Valiants rule
Thanks!!! You did a great job on that patch:thumbup: This car may have been in the North East the last tweenty years but it doesn't show it other than the rotted floor pan, surface rust from no undercoating, and a small rust hole in the right lower quarter panel. Thank god this doesn't need major rust work \\:D/ When it warms up some, we'll be striping the rest of the paint off it and getting it in primor to prepair for the body work thats going to be need badly.:sad1:

looks good!!!!!!!!! another red interior!! cool been a pain to find the interior parts so far for mine
Thanks!!!!!! I think your Valiant is cool being so rare and odd. It's also the only other Valiant I've seen with red interior. I'm really tempted to put the red interior back in because its so rare and unusal. If I don't, and want to get rid of the red interior stuff I'll let you know first.

-
Back