my 69 Dart resto

-
Nice looking paint! Base/clear? Are you going to do a tail stripe? If yes, what color stripe are you leaning towards?
'69 Darts have been my favorite since my original '69 340 Swinger that I bought used in November 1969. I hope to start some serious work on my "new" '69 Dart that I bought about 3 years ago. I've been accumulating parts and saving towards paint and body since then. Should be able to start my own restomod thread shortly.
Keep up the great work!

It is a base and clear coat, but I am not sure on the specifics, I pretty much trusted them in what to do sin ceI do not know myself.
Yes, to the tail stripe. I am leaning towards a flat black stripe, but may go with white.
Good luck with your resto! I should have waited to some extent to collect parts. But now I ge tto look for them as I need them... lots of time on craigslist. I am actually considering buying a rolling 69 Dart for the nuts and bolts of putting mine back together. It had been worked on a lot in its past and has a lot of wierd things going on.

Nice looking paint! Base/clear? Are you going to do a tail stripe? If yes, what color stripe are you leaning towards?
'69 Darts have been my favorite since my original '69 340 Swinger that I bought used in November 1969. I hope to start some serious work on my "new" '69 Dart that I bought about 3 years ago. I've been accumulating parts and saving towards paint and body since then. Should be able to start my own restomod thread shortly.
Keep up the great work!

Change in plans, the car is now blue... Should be the original B5 blue, but it looks lighter than I thought it would.

Basically the guy painting it is new and confessed he painted the black 3 times... Had troubles after I go the last pics and was throwing in the towel due to time and money... He felt he could get the black after another try but was afraid to waste his time and money. He was going to block it and give it back, no charge... Or he felt he could paint it blue... So it is blue.

My feelings... I love it! I was tore on the blue or black color choice and started to regret the black. So I am stoked, blessing in disguise. Plus the price I am paying I cannot complain.

Attachments

• blue1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 559
  • blue6.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 571
  • blue5.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 593
  • blue4.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 545
  • blue3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 552
  • blue2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 565
Man that was a quick color change............Solid Dart you have there, love the 67, 68 and 69 body.

:cheers: I'm pleased to see that you went back to EB5 !!:cheers:

Yes , EB5 is a lighter shade than GB5 ( "E" = 1969 ; "G" = 1971 ) , then there's MB5 ( "M" = 1975 ) , which is closer to B7 ( Jamacian Blue ) .

I must admit , however , that the black would've looked awesome with that red interior !

The Dart tis back in the garage! So now begins the daunting task of putting it back together...

My plan is to replace with new stuff, all the items that are hard to reach and the other stuff over time. I will start on the under body clean up and rebuild the front suspension. then on to the engine and all that goes in the engine bay. and then the dash and finally interior.

I am going to try to commit to 4 hours a weekend in order to see some slow progress. it will add up... i am also going to look at a parts car this weekend, or after Christmas... It has disc brakes...

Attachments

• IMG_20101211_182646.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 506
I lost my old email and forgot my password, so I created a new account... I was Dart_guy... We moved back to Colorado and the build got delayed. But I did make soem progress since I last posted. I will have to get some pics up soon...

thanks! I love the blue and I am happy things went the way they did. Yes, the stripe will be added.

I will post more pics over the summer... I am stuck living in my inlaws basement until the house in Houston sells, so it is hard to work on it.

some minor progress... Now that we are settled into our new house (Again) I can carve out some time to work on the car. last weekend I got the front end out. Now to rebuild it. I am saving money at the time so I am just looking to replace with a basic rebuild kit. And I may replace the torsion bars, but they ain't cheap. so I might not.

Attachments

• dartfront.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 379
  • dartfronty.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 385
Welcome back!

I was reading your thread, and was hoping you continued working on it!
hope to see more progress!
Oh, and besides having painted my own car black, that shade of blue is terrific!

Well, once again I got too busy to make and progress on the Dart. However I now have some more time and hopefully I can keep it that way. The suspension has been stripped and painted. Next weekend I am cleaning the wheel wells, and hopefully putting the suspension back on it.
I am hoping to have all but the engine and trans back in by spring... Lofty goal, but I am sick of looking at it sit when I want to do is drive it.

Attachments

• IMG_20131116_145507_062.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 334
The pic was of the suspension during cleaning and prep for paint. I attached it to prove I am making progress... lol

More progress. Cleaned up the wheel wells. The car was virtually rust free as you can see. I hope to get them painted next weekend and get the suspension back on the week after.

Attachments

• IMG_20131123_153945_115 (640x360).jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 299
Wheel wells painted

Attachments

• IMG_20131129_151129_626.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_20131129_151118_766.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 260
Slow and steady...

Suspension is nearly complete. Just need some new brake parts to arrive to fully put it all back together. Cleaned the hood latch and put it back on. Sadly, the paint was poorly applied on front and latch so I just painted it flat black. It's not a show car, it is a cruiser once complete so no big deal to me.

I am attempting to get it on the road by the end of summer.... Lofty considering all I got going on.

Attachments

• IMG_20140526_181153_156.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 210
Progress! finished some larger projects in the yard and around the house, so now I get to focus on the Dart.

Suspension and breaks were completed and she is back on the ground.

Next is the dash and attaching stuff to the fire wall. Slow and steady progress...

Attachments

• IMG_20150517_144447_161.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20150517_122035_187.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20150517_124628_317.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20150517_154324_915.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 172
more progress... finished bezels and the dash is all but ready to put back in. I am however going to start putting things back on the firewall before I do since the access is easier for now.

Slow and steady... A couple hours each weekend will add up!

Attachments

• IMG_20150531_131426_204.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20150531_144616_978.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 164
-
Back