My ebay buy..omg

-
Word of caution about powder coated wheels, don't powder coat the surface that mates to the hub /rotor or the inside of the center bore if it is used for centering. I had some wheels done and did not think of it. Took forever to enlarge the center bore to fit the hub, and the coating on the hub mating surface can crush or rub away over time loosening the wheel.
What type of wheels did you have powder coated? Steel ? Most mag wheels are centered by the lug nuts not by the center bore and the center bore on mag type wheels have enlarged center bore openings..

Last edited:
Actually I think it's a "dual pattern".

"Uni-lug" fits 3-4 lug spacing patterns.

I have dual pattern turbines on my stepside truck

This is a pic of the car with the wheels. Once I get the 340 call outs and lower rocker stripes on it I'll have the look I was going for. My Harley has the flash, I need something else on the exterior of this.

View attachment 1715528078

just me....scoops and the "A12" lite package works// the barracuda had it's own style

I have had many people ask "what kind of mustang is that" then I educate them and telling them when they see a mustang ask the owner" what kinda barracuda is that":poke:

kinda leaning towards this
images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTbj6hwLfVnvigbMd2Fd1YTBMUexBgKdFTPTQAv1_lD75O_N_0O&usqp=CAU.jpg

but in a chrome or gold graphic on the b5 when it is time for paint//I have a buddy that does large graphics

with today's modern techniques ie..powder coat,hydro dip,wrapping, dipping and applique graphics it all on you !

how about a b5 blue mod top wrap !

Last edited:
One thing I wanted to do George was powdercoat or "black chrome" the fliptop cap and backup light housings. Give it a slightly different personality.
This is a pic of the car with the wheels. Once I get the 340 call outs and lower rocker stripes on it I'll have the look I was going for. My Harley has the flash, I need something else on the exterior of this.

View attachment 1715528078

What type of wheels did you have powder coated
Stock 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan aluminum wheels. They were used and looked better in the photo so I had the blasted and powder coated.

They use a tapered nut

just me....scoops and the "A12" lite package works// the barracuda had it's own style

I have had many people ask "what kind of mustang is that" then I educate them and telling them when they see a mustang ask the owner" what kinda barracuda is that":poke:

View attachment 1715528277
but in a chrome graphic on the b5 when it is time for paint//I have a buddy that does large graphics

but in a chrome or gold graphic on the b5 when it is time for paint//I have a buddy that does large graphics

with today's modern techniques ie..powder coat,hydro dip,wrapping, dipping and applique graphics it all on you !
Having a 1 of a few hundred A56's built, externally except for the wheels I'm sticking with the factory graphics and B7 color.

Having a 1 of a few hundred A56's built, externally except for the wheels I'm sticking with the factory graphics and B7 color.
changing gears
what was the difference between the "cuda and the "S" ??stickers ?? the options were many for both !!???

I used 7/16-20 with .75 shaft lug nuts. (if it's a stock A body)

I have a pair of uni lug 8 1/2 wheels close to that design , they would be better w/ '' long lugnuts, but u cant buy them. I cut a long lugnut down in my lathe that fits the wheels very closely ,and plan on using one on each wheel along w/ the other 4 , 3/4'' ones , or maybe cutting down a whole set to fit perfectly .

changing gears
what was the difference between the "cuda and the "S" ??stickers ?? the options were many for both !!???
I believe graphics and the scoops. Cuda pkg cars had hd sway bar,shocks, 14 x 5.5 wheels but still 5 on 4 sbp. All other options were the same except for the 440 cuda which was only available with the cuda package and no convertible cuda pkg cars.

Last edited:
I have a set of the old sawtooth mags that were rusted, bad chrome, so I just cleaned them with wire cup and acid, sprayed them with epoxy primer and satin black, look pretty good!!!! I can se them for spares or whatever!

I believe graphics and the scoops. Cuda pkg cars had hd sway bar,shocks, 14 x 5.5 wheels but still 5 on 4 snap. All other options were the same except for the 440 cuda which was only available with the cuda package and no convertible cuda pkg cars.
so ,is boils down to the a56 code,340 ,383,scoops,cuda graphics and the wild card 440 M code,the S came with 5.5 red lines,hd sway bar,shocks, 340/ 383,S badges and tail panel//besides the 440 that was a hell of a sales pitch on a short name "CUDA" and the rest is history !

Check the Lugnut King for lug-nuts, just tell them the wheels you have and the car the wheels are going on, they will have the right lug-nuts in stock.

Folks this is where people who are easily upset should look away..
Be warned its not pretty..

View attachment 1715528025

Just say No to drugs!!!
I see something such as this in you future...….
upload_2020-5-15_9-3-26.png

I had a 10" X 15" UniLug Cragar pair way back. They had a hokey bolt pattern adapter ring that fit in the backside of the hub. The offset washers covered the ugly. You had to hold the washer in position or it would swing toward the spokes on ya'.

How about that spray coat you can peel off ……….
upload_2020-5-15_9-13-47.png

so ,is boils down to the a56 code,340 ,383,scoops,cuda graphics and the wild card 440 M code,the S came with 5.5 red lines,hd sway bar,shocks, 340/ 383,S badges and tail panel//besides the 440 that was a hell of a sales pitch on a short name "CUDA" and the rest is history !
340- A56, 383- A57, 440- A13

Yep, and the first year that they officially designated a Barracuda as a "cuda"

One thing I wanted to do George was powdercoat or "black chrome" the fliptop cap and backup light housings. Give it a slightly different personality.

Both are pot metal. Make sure you choose an experienced metal finisher who knows what to do with it or you will be receiving an apology along with the invoice.

As a safer alternative, they can be plastic dipped. If you don't like it you can just peel it off.

how about a b5 blue mod top wrap !

Be advised , that strobe stripe kit dont fit a 68 fastback worth a s--- , It looks like it was made for a 68 charger .

-
Back