My first car show with the Dart - Pics

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
So last weekend there was a small car show where I live in Lyons Colorado.
It's a small town, about 45 min from Denver. Just a couple thousand people.

Anyway every year they have "Good ole Days", which is kind of a redneck, beer drinkin, carnival of sorts. People come from all around to enjoy the festivities, beer, horrible country bands, corn dogs, funnel cakes and carnival rides for the kiddies. This is an event that we usually avoid cause it brings out the worst sorts from neighboring towns. lol

Anyway last year they started having a car show along with the other stuff. And this year my Dart was actually in shape, and near enough complete that I was able to put it in the car show.
Total there was probably 50 cars, but the entry was free, and they supplied free hot dogs, chips and drinks for all participants at noon, and of course the required 50's music blareing from a sound system set up in the back of a PT Cruiser.
There were no catagories for different classes, so muscle cars, streetrods, 4x4 rock crawlers were all in one big class, and no professional judgeing, just 1st, 2nd, 3rd peoples choice awards.
Didnt win any thing but it was a nice day, a little cloudy so not too hot and I got to chat with some cool guys about cars for a while.
Here's some pics and the results.
1st went to a 33 Ford Streetrod
2nd went to a 93 Toyota rock crawler (wtf?)
3rd went to a pretty orange GTO Judge
Enjoy the pics
Only bad thing,,,, they parked me between two vettes...
first the winners, then the rest of us.

Attachments

• S5004794.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 456
  • S5004811.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 426
  • S5004795.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 439
more pics, My Dart, and other stuff

Attachments

• S5004796.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 389
  • S5004797.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 401
  • S5004799.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 397
  • S5004801.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 412
Other cars

Attachments

• S5004810.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 396
  • S5004807.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 400
  • S5004806.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 384
  • S5004803.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 389
  • S5004802.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 384
few more, Keep in mind I was the Only Mopar there.

the last pic, of the foxbody Stang is my daily driver, thought i'd show it too since it didnt cost anything.

Attachments

• S5004809.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 408
  • S5004813.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 404
  • S5004817.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 393
  • S5004819.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 400
  • S5004820.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 400
  • S5004822.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 388
  • S5004824.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 414
I can't get over how much I am digging your white Dart, thank you for sharing your day with us

Some really cool stuff there. Wish my Dart looked as good as yours.

How did you not win best Mopar? I can understand why you did not win being the only Mopar, but your car should have won an award as it is beautiful!

Thanks guys,, one thing i'm finding out is that its hard to take a really good pic of a white car on a sunny day. It just reflects so much light the it seems to screw up the exposure of the pics. Car looks like its glowing or something...lol
Guess if I want good pics of it i'll have to try it on a cloudy day, or in the evening when the sun is set.

How did you not win best Mopar? I can understand why you did not win being the only Mopar, but your car should have won an award as it is beautiful!

Thanks, but I have to wonder about the awards myself. This year the town handed over the car show to Lyons Automotive, to let them run it and make all the arrangments, etc.

Turns out two of the three winners have a connection to Lyons Automotive. The guy with the 93 toyota actually works there.

Peoples choice my azz...lol

I had fun anyway, and didnt really expect to win, there were some really nice cars there. I just did it for the fun of it and to hang with the other car guys.

Take some at dusk on a full moon evening, my younger brother (a painter) always said if you want it right paint it white and I agree in most cases :glasses7:

Looks like the turn out was good.
The old flat bed ford looked cool in its old kinda way.

The GTO is Orbit Orange if I remember right.

BTW, I would be proud to park between those 2 beautiful Vettes. Whats the problem??

Glad you had fun. Car shows are GREAT places to meet new people.

Dart looks FANTASTIC!!!

George

Your dart is beautiful!! Remember trophys ain't important it's the feeling of accomplishment when you show it knowing you built it and when someone says nice job,thats better than any trophy!!!!!

BTW, I would be proud to park between those 2 beautiful Vettes. Whats the problem??

Wasn't a problem, just poking a little fun at the vette guys. I"ve noticed at some shows they like to be in their own little group and dont usually talk to anyone but the other vette guys.

But these guys were pretty cool, I ended up chatting cars with the owner of the white vette on my right for quite a while. Was a pretty cool guy.

And, I guess I did actually win, cause they had drawings for door prizes, I won a 6-pak of ice cream cones from the local softserve place with my ticket. And before the vette guy left early, he gave me his raffle ticket, and I won a $10 gift card to the local bbq joint with his ticket...lol

Nice car. I may of passed through Lyons a few years ago when I went to Rocky Mountain Park about four years ago? Stayed off 25, scenic routes is always better. By the way, did I say you have a real nice car?

I am happy to hear that vett folks are more old car friendly there then here :D..
Here if it rains they would drown :toothy10: But all bs aside sounds like a great time, I still say your Dart is a show stopper :cheers:

Your Dart looks better than most there. Congrats!

Tmm

I love the blue stripes.

Is that a blue interior I see as well?

I LOVE that color combo.

It's part of what made me the Mopar guy I am today!

I just missed a 70 Super Bee in white with a factory blue stripe :(

Congrats on your first show! No accounting for taste. But you did have some very good competition there. Nice Dart!

Beautiful Dart! I'm partial to white myself.

Car show awards can be a bit political, especially for Mopars. If you go to a show not expecting an award and you win one it's a bonus and a pleasant surprise. Anyways, the enthusiastic response of the people is much more satisfying than a plaque.

I've also been through Lyons a few years back on my way to Rocky Mountain NP. Nice town. My brother lived in Longmont.

-
Back