My First Mopar! Learn Me!!

-

OriginalDart

Reaction score
Hello all!
I'm Billy and I grew up with Chevys mostly but I've always loved the early Mopars. My friend, the little brother of my best friend, Troy was given a 69 Dart from his brother who had gotten it from their Aunt. Before they cam upon it the car was sitting in her garage for 30 something years. Sadly and tragically Troy was murdered and the car sat for over a year before it was given to me. It is a beautiful car and holds a lot of sentimental value to me. It's forest green with a black vinyl top and black interior. It's the 4.5L V8 with 56,000 when i got it but now more like 84k.

I am slowly putting money into it but I'm not too familiar with mopars and what parts are interchangable and what kind of swaps people are doing. I just bought a 8.75 rear end to swap in but it came with 3.23 open gears. Does anyone have a lsd with 3.55 gears for me?

Also I'm eager and willing to learn more about these cars so any advice and input is gladly welcome. Until next time, Mo'par to ya'

Good luck with the 69 is it a 2 or 4 door.Great that your saving it.You must be a young man.In the classic car world we do not speak in liter rather in cubic inch which your 4.5 equals 273 CI and lsd (liminted slip differential) should be sure grip so you also need to learn the MOPAR lingo.Picture would be great.There is a lot of good people on here to help you out

I know you'll have lots of questions so just ask. There are for sure lots of answeres here. O lot of people here know their stuff. Where in Cali are ya from? You've came to the right pace to get some GOOD advice. Welcome from the Mods.
Small Block

Welcome to FABO and Mopars!! First thing I would do is lock yourself in a room and read this website for a day or two. After that, if you have any questions, fire them out in the proper section and you'll get the answers you're looking for. Oh yeah, we need pics!!

boy you just opened up a whole new can of worms WELCOME!

Welcome aboard.

We so do not converter cubic inch's into Liters. LOL! ;)

I thnk a few good books would be in order. Some to thumb through, some to learn from. Learning books for the drive train and performance would be;

How to rebuild my S/B MoPar and the fcatory books from MoPar. Also, how to hot rod my S/B mopar has very good info as well. On line you can purchase these books or from the dealer themselfs.

Also getthe chassis book and the factory service manual.

Welcome! I myself just joined a few days ago, and have spent more time on here than I ever thought possible. Tons of good info, tons of great, knowledgeable people!

I'll add my "Welcome, Bro" to the thread! You know there ARE no silly questions....just the ones you don't ask!!...so, don't be shy. We've all been "new to Mopars" at one time or another.

...and ,in case it hasn't been mentioned yet...WE LOVE PICS HERE!!!!!!

Hello all!
I'm Billy and I grew up with Chevys mostly but I've always loved the early Mopars. My friend, the little brother of my best friend, Troy was given a 69 Dart from his brother who had gotten it from their Aunt. Before they cam upon it the car was sitting in her garage for 30 something years. Sadly and tragically Troy was murdered and the car sat for over a year before it was given to me. It is a beautiful car and holds a lot of sentimental value to me. It's forest green with a black vinyl top and black interior. It's the 4.5L V8 with 56,000 when i got it but now more like 84k.

I am slowly putting money into it but I'm not too familiar with mopars and what parts are interchangable and what kind of swaps people are doing. I just bought a 8.75 rear end to swap in but it came with 3.23 open gears. Does anyone have a lsd with 3.55 gears for me?

Also I'm eager and willing to learn more about these cars so any advice and input is gladly welcome. Until next time, Mo'par to ya'

where in ca?

Welcome to FABO.Click on the forums and start reading,lots of info and pics on many topics.All you have to do is look and if you don,t find it,don,t be shy...just ask in a thread(We,ve all been there once)Good luck!

4.7L ????LOL:wack:

Welcome, you've come to the right place. Sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your friend's brother.

Welcome to the site! Anything I can do to help just let me know. All of us old farts were young farts once upon a time...

Thanks for all the good wishes and support...In a couple years time I hope to have my Dart 360 procharged. Right now its just a dream :D I do intend to use all of your imformation, theres sooo much I dont know about mopars yet. Here are some pics...one of me driving and the other when I replaced some gaskets and cleaned up the engine a bit.

Also I live in the Bay Area, Oakland to be more specific. Thanks again guys, this is gonna be a good relationship

Attachments

• 21545_107361469277996_100000124316964_193742_7285686_n.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 293
  • 165629_186809551333187_100000124316964_742927_185652_n.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 279
Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
I'm also in 'build mode' on a '69 Dart. I missed my old '69 340 Swinger for too many years and had to have another '69.

-
Back