My home inspection of Speedmaster heads

-
Ohhh damn I’ll add another job to the list. I’m taking it you need a stock non cnc’d Speedmaster Head chamber cc.
Insert Jeopardy theme song........
I can imagine this taking more than 15 minutes for a pro like you with all the correct tools...

Insert Jeopardy theme song........
I can imagine this taking more than 15 minutes for a pro like you with all the correct tools...

Ya but I only work five minutes a day. Lol. Gotta get my 1.5-2 mile walk in everyday, nap, shower, two hours of hand washing, last night my Wednesday night church community group met online (Zoom) watch a movie with my son, eat (5 hours) cook, play with cats, and clean house.

Ya but I only work five minutes a day. Lol. Gotta get my 1.5-2 mile walk in everyday, nap, shower, two hours of hand washing, last night my Wednesday night church community group met online (Zoom) watch a movie with my son, eat (5 hours) cook, play with cats, and clean house.

I see no time calculated in there for wasting time on this Forum..:D..

Guys it’s looking like at least a day or two more before I can get to this. As you probably know I got some issues going on myself with pushrod clearancing but as soon as I get this addressed I will get some cc numbers.

Guys it’s looking like at least a day or two more before I can get to this. As you probably know I got some issues going on myself with pushrod clearancing but as soon as I get this addressed I will get some cc numbers.

I've got a new 100ml burette on order, and I've got one of my bare heads in the car so I can build a stand for the head. Not to deter you, I'd like to know if there's a difference between the cast/ported heads (don't think there will be). Hoping to have numbers this weekend myself.

I've got a new 100ml burette on order, and I've got one of my bare heads in the car so I can build a stand for the head. Not to deter you, I'd like to know if there's a difference between the cast/ported heads (don't think there will be). Hoping to have numbers this weekend myself.
Honestly I think more information the better..

Sorry for the holdup but if I have to get this figured out. Lord willing maybe we will race sooner or later this year.

Sorry for the holdup but if I have to get this figured out. Lord willing maybe we will race sooner or later this year.

I've been following your build thread, gotta get that rocker issue sorted first. I need to get back to scat about what pistons I want, so I've got an incentive to get the data asap.

GLH’s heads have had the seats recut....... so the volume would be slightly bigger than they were “ootb”.

I would only use published data, or other people’s measurements for “guesstimating”.

The only way to know what your heads actually measure ....... is to check it.

GLH’s heads have had the seats recut....... so the volume would be slightly bigger than they were “ootb”.

I would only use published data, or other people’s measurements for “guesstimating”.

The only way to know what your heads actually measure ....... is to check it.
Damn, I was going to measure mine but I can't find my cc plate. I don't think I have a syringe anymore either. :BangHead:

Damn, I was going to measure mine but I can't find my cc plate. I don't think I have a syringe anymore either. :BangHead:
I found a syringe. now if I could find the plate. Do I have any spark plugs? Next problem. LOL

Got everything in here, need to install valves and a plug while I wait for a clamp to finish up on the 3d printer.

IMG_20200403_191137.jpg

Clamp to hold the plate on or cc gauge on your pole?

cc gauge on pole. Small bit of grease should work around the chamber should work on the plate.

Edit: pic, something real quick to grab the 3/4" pole and the 15mm tube.
IMG_20200403_194437.jpg

Last edited:
Got one chamber done tonight, going to do two in each head total.

64.5cc with a little air trapped by the exhaust valve. Head is level, but I need to bias it a bit towards the vent hole.

Pretty much lines up with the 65cc I was expecting,

IMG_20200403_233529.jpg

Are you planning on relieving the spark plug hole like some of us did

I was doing some research on an extended reach plug before things got crazy. I need to finish my search and figure out if I can find one that will work, or if I need to clean the hole up. Thanks for the reminder.

Are you planning on relieving the spark plug hole like some of us did

Bosch has's some pretty detailed info about their plug numbering system. The one I found has a standard length electrode, and a .875 reach (vs .750). It fits a 2.4l Nissan from the 80/90's, but it's discontinued (PN 7925). I used that to cross search and found a compatible plug. Standard reach, but with an extended electrode.

It's a standard 14mm, flat seat, .750 reach plug. But it has an electrode that is 7mm vs 4mm. That's an extra .118 of protrusion.

I haven't picked one up yet, but I have to go out today anyways, so I'm going to try and grab a test plug and I'll post pictures/results later.

Bosch Number - 6721 / FR8HPP30X
Champion - RC12MC-4
Neverlight - 5224

NISSAN 240SX 1989 - 1990 2.4L
NISSAN AXXESS 1990 24L
NISSAN D21 PICKUP 1990 - 1994 2.4L
NISSAN PICKUP 1995 - 1997 2.4L
NISSAN STANZA 1990 - 1992 2.4L

-
Back