My home made welding cart made from scraps.

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been needing a welding cart for my brand new Millermatic 211. Last week at work we were doing some cleaning and i scored some scrap metal to make my welding cart dreams come true.

here is the scrap i started with.

an old fuel dispenser.

and a pipe reel.

cut it all up into pieces that would fit in my car and then went home and got started. here are some pics of the progress.

i will be building an upper platform for a mobile work station as well as handle to pull it around with. once i get the upper secition done i can finish the bottle supports.

what you guy think so far?

Looks pretty cool!! You might want to add some kind of support or brackets to hold the cylinder more securely. Maybe a couple tabs and a ratchet strap. Looks like a nice cart.

Ditto to 66, you do not want that gas cylinder to fall and knock the valve off. You will have a real live torpedo on your hands.

Looks pretty cool!! You might want to add some kind of support or brackets to hold the cylinder more securely. Maybe a couple tabs and a ratchet strap. Looks like a nice cart.

thats all in the plan. i just have to get the rest of the frame built so that i have a place to attach the upper ring. the bottle will be sliding down inside of a fully sleeved area. its hard to describe but the bottle will be completely enclosed and supported.

The cart looks great...nice work!!

Maybe paint it and add a few Mopar stickers.......:thumblef:

looks like a 4x4 welding cart. COOL! Shouldn't have any issues should you run into a need to roll it out side off pavement.

I've made a fair amount of stuff out of scrap, but it never looks as good as the stuff you come up with, LOL

I've made a fair amount of stuff out of scrap, but it never looks as good as the stuff you come up with, LOL

Thanks! I got that set of dimple dies and just wanna put speed holes in everything. I got a couple pretty cool features to add to the cart when I get a bit farther along. Let's just say that if you need a place to open a beer bottle and set it down I gotcha covered. Lol

That's pretty funny. If you saw my budget TIG thread, I've got a "useless piece" that came with my Thermodyne plasma, I bought used. I'm thinking of making a "rough ground" cart for the AD/ DC stick..........TIG HF box, and TIG bottle. Have some big front casters off a junked wheelchair, and some other wheels/ tires I've picked up at the thrift store.

My trouble is, I need an effin' shop. I need a crew of 10 with a dump truck to clean out my garage.

That's pretty funny. If you saw my budget TIG thread, I've got a "useless piece" that came with my Thermodyne plasma, I bought used. I'm thinking of making a "rough ground" cart for the AD/ DC stick..........TIG HF box, and TIG bottle. Have some big front casters off a junked wheelchair, and some other wheels/ tires I've picked up at the thrift store.

My trouble is, I need an effin' shop. I need a crew of 10 with a dump truck to clean out my garage.

Harbor freight! I know it's foreign junk but he'll if it ain't cheep. Front casters were $15 ea and rears were only $5.

Yep-I need some welding done in the deep back woods-Can ya come on up and take care of it????? Nice,those tires will roll over any cord or air line in the way!!!!!!! That's our battle all the time in the shop,Air lines,cords and the factory kart wheels are smitty when it comes to that--Steve

as usual, nice work! make sure and get us pics of the finished product…

joe

between 12-14hr shifts i have made a little bit of progress. here are some pics.

remember the theme here is recycled materials.

I got these cast aluminum manifold brackets off the fuel dispenser in the first pictures. these are where the fuel supply hose would have connected to the inner piping of the dispenser. i then cut and threaded a chunk of 1" stainless pipe we had in the scrap bin. these pieces will make the handle for the front of the cart.

then i got the upper frame errected. i still have to make the top and sides. i also still need to build the bottle supports but you get the idea

-
Back