My kid needs a daily driver goin to look at this

-

plum crazy dart

Reaction score
I've been on fbbo for a while, new here. We are going to look at this today. He's thinking a set of cragar ss wheels and he'll be ready for some crusin with the old man. Looks like there may be some rot under the v/t. Looks better than anything I've seen for under $2k. Any thoughts. http://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/3218872259.html

Attachments

• 5E25F95X13Kd3G73Ndc8k3a2293e5ecd2133e.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 338
  • 5Ia5Ea5M43E83Jd3Nec8kb4c672be4c8011ac.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 351
  • 5Lc5U65Mc3G83F83Ldc8k33982f0b5e4414dc.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 329
If he ever wants to paint the grill black, here's what it looks like.

Attachments

• 1973Dart.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 360
Thanks, think grill looks good black. We've seen a green dart with black v/t, stripe and hood an it looked pretty good.

Car is home, real solid very very rust free. Bubbles on v/top are all solid/hard, almost looks like it had some (bad) patch work done before top was installed. Drivers side 1/4 is newer. When you're driving it you can't even hear it running. Owner had it for 20yrs, his kids scratched it up some, but it runs, drives and stops real nice. He's gonna be joining here and has big plans and is gonna have a lot of ?'s. I hope he likes it here as much as I like FBBO. :)

Welcome! Looks like a great way to start enjoying the Mopar hobby. tmm

I see this post almost every week, father wants to get a kid a car and thinks an old one is a good idea.

old cars are not a good idea to an unexperienced driver, most times the steering has play in it, the brakes are not always up to par and it usually has little to no safety devices such as 3 point seat belts

why not take the $2000 your going to spend along with the other $1000 you'll spend on making it right and get him something he can afford to put fuel in, something that gets 30+ MPG with ease?

thats just my opinion

Car is home, real solid very very rust free. Bubbles on v/top are all solid/hard, almost looks like it had some (bad) patch work done before top was installed. Drivers side 1/4 is newer. When you're driving it you can't even hear it running. Owner had it for 20yrs, his kids scratched it up some, but it runs, drives and stops real nice. He's gonna be joining here and has big plans and is gonna have a lot of ?'s. I hope he likes it here as much as I like FBBO. :)

sounds good.. you don't want anything too nice for a first car anyway.. chances are it will get beat up while learning to drive.

@66plyvaliant..He's not an unexperienced driver. He's almost 20, drives my 68' built 440 gtx, he's had driving job's for a living. He bought this car with his own money, and it's not his first car either. HE deciced against the $3000 run of the mii pos that everyone drives because he appreciates classic cars and shares my love for mopars. He'd much rather drive a rust bucket pos old mopar than a new honda, toyota, cheby or ford. It's a 225/6 so mpg's aren't bad. It's only a matter of time till he's into a v8 muscle. Have seen some turbo'd 6's running low 11's. He'll be fine. Thanks for the concern.. :cheers:

@66plyvaliant..He's not an unexperienced driver. He's almost 20, drives my 68' built 440 gtx, he's had driving job's for a living. He bought this car with his own money, and it's not his first car either. HE deciced against the $3000 run of the mii pos that everyone drives because he appreciates classic cars and shares my love for mopars. He'd much rather drive a rust bucket pos old mopar than a new honda, toyota, cheby or ford. It's a 225/6 so mpg's aren't bad. It's only a matter of time till he's into a v8 muscle. Have seen some turbo'd 6's running low 11's. He'll be fine. Thanks for the concern.. :cheers:

i was going to say....... there was no mention of this being his first car or him being an inexperienced driver or even his age....

welcome
i think its a great buy and a great clean driver . looking forward to seeing updates!

I bought mine for my boy when he was 14 till he was 16 he was tired of paying me and it breaking on the road, so I bought him out and now have a nice car all fixed up. It worked out to my better side.

I got my dart when I was 15 and drove the balls off it until I went away to school. If it gets dings and dents big deal. It will just teach him how to do body work. Plus slant six cars will barley spin a tire so I doubt he would really try to hot rod in it.

Nice, the cleaner the car is to start with the more fun it is to wrench on. I hope he appreciates the car and you for being a bad *** dad.

@hemitheus yes its a very clean car im already in love with it. and I have quite possibly the most badass dad ever, this i've known for along time. -Tk

-
Back