my low buck street and strip ride

-
random question did you just use high temp engine paint for your intake manifold...getting ready to paint my air gap and didnt know if there was a good brand of high temp paint to use for it since its aluminum and such
it's mopar engine paint.with vht clear over it

L.M.A.O off, on nitrous for dummies! Big fan,of spray.Just be smart about it.

Let me know when your going to the track. I also have a ton of NOS knowledge in my head. I ran NOS on my Pontiac for many years. At the time my Pontiac ran 11.40s at 116 and on a 150 shot it ran 10.20s at over 130. Used it for bracket racing in case I spun the tires. Nice looking build!

73wheelstander.jpg

thanks steve i will. the only nitrous experience i have is a small kit on a 5.0 4 barrel mustang it ran well i think i took out 6 degrees of timing for a 150 shot on it.figure with the slicks and a shot i can overcome the gears for now.

Hi Mike, Weather permitting, I'm heading to the track tomorrow for the Wed night drags. Hope to see ya out there sometime even if your just there to watch. Don't know which car I'm racing yet but if they run I will be there. Take care.

I like your tastes in safety,LOVE seeing solenoids.Nice work.

whats the best way to wire the nitrous? got the plumbing done,should fire it today maybe tommorrow.anybody have a decent wiring diagram for nitrous with purge valve?

Are you running a seperate fuel system for the NOS? The fuel solenoid and regulator should be mounted as close to the carb as posible . I would run the NOS solenoid back further away from the carb to avoid leaning out at the hit. On mine the fuel sol and reg are mounted 1 inch to the plate and the nos solenoid has 3 inches of tube to plate. I would also recommend that you wire a retard box so it can take timing out when NOS is activated.You will tune with yhe fuel pressure and I wpuld start with 7.0 lbs and work down from there but don't go any lower than 5 1/5 psi as 1 pound of fuel pressure is a huge jump .Be careful if it is not setup right you will send them pistons to the oil pan quicker than you can blink. Here is my plate. Call me if you want. PM you my #

DSCN0087.jpg

-
Back