my low buck street and strip ride

-
the mock up of the full throttle switch,the holley baseplate all torn down,trunk mount unit....my fuel solenoid is no good .need a new one or just the coil and wire part...

finally ,everything works.i took the fuel solenoid apart and found where the wire broke off and soldered a new one on .put it back it works.plant your foot to the floor and you hear click.solenoids on.have timing set at 30 degrees.gonna try 100 shot like that.the thing runs great now,takes no time tohold an idle at 1000 in nuetral.if its not raining gonna mess with the acc pumps ,get them all smoothed up .....then finish putting in the tunes so the fuel pump don't make you go off the deep end.....

yeah the fuel pump is extremley loud and i'm getting another for the shot.don't need no lean bullshit taking out the engine.:mumum::mumum::mumum::mumum::mumum::mumum:

The guy who taught me spray,had 3 failures in 30 years of using spray. All due to lean problems. BTW,Light my fire...

This thread reminds me of a cool song, video ain't bad either :glasses7:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9-R9S1m4dA"]BTO - Takin' Care Of Business (A Sexier Version)! - YouTube[/ame]

Yea not running fat enough is the demise of 99% of all nitrous scatters. I had a Holley electric pump but I can't remember what model it was but it kicked *** and supported a tunnel ram with 2 950's on it without sweating it. It was reasonably priced also.

sonoma,the 13th, we are going, taking my car!it's a test and tune day.we are gonna get it towed to sonoma and run it since i don't have current reg.can't afford to pay reg right now so it gets towed.i am taking the bottle out of the trunk for this first time out.gonna see what it runs and then decide what the car needs tuning wise.(besides 4.10 or 4.30s)so it probobly will have a shitty short time.but it is what it is.and i'm tired of going to non race car show c:poke:

Attachments

• Dart project 088.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 531
  • Dart project 087.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 522
  • Dart project 089.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 514
  • dart project 026.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 525
thanks jeff,it's been a long time comin,nothings gonna take me away from here..a lomg lomg way to a reunion...

took the car around the block last night.with the slicks on it,they don't rub \\:D/there was no cars anywhere. when i floored it it bogged ,let off barley and foot back to the floor, it jumped up,didn'tlook at the tach but went to around 6000 pulled second,and let off.pulled the distributor and made a little bigger around bushing in it.gonna time it in a few hours.runs best about 22 degrees initial.and still starts easily.today,got to make sure the pedal is pulling the carb wide open,time the engine,put a #35 shooter on the primary side.you guys do know i cant wait !:Dhave a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn.... Really makes me wish my car was in my garage to bust my hands open on!

Ill try to get out there to see you run her. I didn't think that they were still running this month? I thought they usually shut down in January but I guess I'm wrong. I'm excited to see her go. No bottle!? You should bring it just in case you get a wild hair and want to push it to the limit. Ha!

i might have to wait until they have wed night drags.i was told the test and tune was 75.00 and i cant afford 75bucks.and still have that damn bog when you stomp on it.thoughto be fair i'm pretty sure it was running for only about five minutes before that.bigger acc pump squirters?35s now.:eek:ops:and both times it was already at a roll.it don't bog if it's loaded against the converter.:scratch:

Hmmm....has that carb been sitting for a while? Mine was doing the same thing until I tore it apart and rebuilt it. Had some small crap in the metering blocks. Power valve bad? Just brain storming. 75 bucks is a rip off

carb was sitting but it's been gone through.been on and off a bunch of times.got fuel pressure at 6.5 think i will drop it to 6 psi.yeah 75.00 is a rip i'm used to paying 25.00.but thats wed nights.i think the bracket drags is a 50 dollar bill to enter.but i hatewatching cars that launch hard then let off then hit it again.my idea of a drag raceis see the last yellow hit it bang sec at 6200 third at 6500 and so on.still trying to go.made enough money today to cover entry,now need someone with aaa plus to get a tow home...they will only tow once a day on one card.:D

Sonoma cancelled the test and tune for next week the 13th and they are running a bracket race. They will run a trophy class with all the other brackets that costs 25.00 to enter.

wheeliebarpic.jpg

thanks steve for telling me that!now i can go. by the way,how did you guys do yesterday?and great picture ,that is a thing of beauty.with wheelie bar chalk......

-
Back