My New Shop!! Yiippeee!

-
And on the other side, you don't have to mow it or trim it.:iconbigg:
I have already noticed my mowing time has been cut down a little already. lol

Concrete stays green longer then some people realize

I have always wondered about that. The outside seems dry and ready for traffic but it is common since to know that the middle isn't ready. That might explain why the exiting concrete was 9" in places and WAS CRACKED!!! I find that hard to believe but it cracked. I figure a big heavy truck has pulled upon it one time or another but the entrance driveway ISN'T cracked. ???

I think we did a 6 inch for our driveway and walk way to the house, and about 10 inches for the patio. We could literally park a tank in our driveway if we could get it up the asphalt. There's 2 cracks total. Both of them are where the concrete is thinner and the driveway one is where we forgot to put more rebar down first.

Hey Marland, Just think of the gas you'll save with a smaller yard. Now you can use an old school reel mower.:D MMG

Attachments

• mower.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 569
I supposed to talk to the concrete finisher tomorrow.... this is a major step believe it or not!!!

He and I talked over the phone and we're both determined about getting it poured sometime this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEE HAWW!!! lol..

Thanks for the info Mike!!
You are very welcome Mullin, But I bet your concrete man would have updated you on any of this :coffee2:
Looking forward to seeing the trucks there poring :blob:

Concrete man left a few minutes ago. He is going to get it poured between now and Friday because next week he is leaving town for a job. I feel pretty sure he'll get it poured this week. I will be so over joyed!!! I'm tired of the dust and mud! lol

Concrete man left a few minutes ago. He is going to get it poured between now and Friday because next week he is leaving town for a job. I feel pretty sure he'll get it poured this week. I will be so over joyed!!! I'm tired of the dust and mud! lol

Great News.

Ahhhh, fresh concrete......Did you carve a Pentastar in it?

Congrats and looking forward to the pics :cheers:

Ahhhh, fresh concrete......Did you carve a Pentastar in it?

Congrats and looking forward to the pics :cheers:

No Pentastar.... I wasn't here during the pour. lol

32 yards later!!

There was a whole crew early in the morning but two guys stayed behind to finish the floor in the shop. There was no wind or sun on the shop floor so they stayed here 12 hrs to get it done. Then had to come back this morning and cut the concrete.

Attachments

• DSC03238.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC03240.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 510
  • DSC03243.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 506
  • DSC03245.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 518
  • DSC03246.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 517
  • DSC03250.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 511
Awesome job on the workshop !!! WOW that's nice !!!:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Who did the concrete work? I am in York Pa and Would love to have my drive done in concrete...

Who did the concrete work? I am in York Pa and Would love to have my drive done in concrete...

Walt Hart Concrete
Anderson, SC
864-940-3990

They are the best in my area by me and others. They do very nice work. He might pour yours if you wanted. He said he has to go to Washington D.C. area for a laser screed pour next week.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I'm still doing the Curly shuffle. lol

That looks awesome! Congrats, almost there!

Thanks... I will know tomorrow how good I am because Im getting the rough in inspection done. They WILL find something no matter what but I cant seem to pen point what it maybe. I've doubled checked everything. I bet it will be stupid whatever it is.

-
Back