Need quite a bit of help, parting out my 66 cuda

-

PlymouthsandVolvos

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was anyone who would mind helping me price the parts on my Barracuda? She was the world to me, but unfortunately my life took some crazy turns and I ended up flipping her going 70+ in a crash I don't remember. She saved my life, but unfortunately the damage is just too much for me to even consider fixing, so I'm left with parting her out so I can afford another car. I don't have any clue what anything is worth, which I know is probably a dumb thing to say, but I figured I'd see if anybody could give me a little help.

Here's some pictures of the aftermath:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Front view

Side view

Inside
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
I have a photobucket with pictures of a fraction of the parts I have off already, and some photos of what it currently looks like. I still need to take pictures of a bunch of stuff but my motivation comes and goes, I'm trying not to focus too much on her, but I desperately need another vehicle so I need to get my *** in gear :laughing:

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Matt

I'd like to, but living in Florida and having drove her as my daily for a couple years I've decided to try to get into something slightly newer for now. For some reason I'm also big into Volvos so my current plan is to pick up a 740/940 Turbo wagon (I had an 87 as a beater and fell in love with the turbobricks) to tinker around with. I also plan to save the 273, rebuild it with a bigger cam and all that fun stuff when I go back to my Auto Service Tech class, then drop it in a different Volvo wagon for a badass Swedish/Mopar sleeper wagon :laughing:

I'm also just trying to take my mind off of it for now. It was much more than just a car to me, and just seeing another classic car on the road brings back way too many fond memories let alone being behind the wheel of it. For now I honestly just want to try to move on, but down the road there's no way I'm not getting another 66. I had bought some ansens that I wanted to see on her so bad but never got the chance to, so I'm definitely saving them for a future Barracuda :)

Best bet is place an add, and go part by part... It's got some good still left in it, plus all the intact V8 stuff. It's too bad, but it's just a car. You're ok, that's what matters.

price on the taillights & shipping to 67209? thanks Lawrence

Of course condtion is everything, but I can give you a general range to start with after looking at some of your pics. Here goes...

The Grilles... You can easily fetch $50.00 for the undamaged one and maybe $30.00 for the damaged one...the center with the emblem would fetch $50.00 depending on the condition of the emblem. Seperate them and you may get a little more.

The taillights... look to be in decent condition, I would put a price of $100.00 on the pair if you want to wait for that much, $75.00 if you want to sell them fast.

Things like the back seat, the headlight buckets and such probably won't sell unless you practically give them away.

The dash cluster and trim should fetch $100.00 if it has the performance indicator, $300.00 with the tach, and about $400.00 if you have the tach sending unit to include

You should be pulling the drivers side fresh air box if it has a good lower hinge, thats $75.00 easy

The inside trim around the base of the rear window is always a good sale at $30.00

The fender top turn signals will sell for about $40.00 if they're decent, up to $100.00 for really nice examples

The trim around the outside of the rear window could fetch as much as $300.00 for all 5 pieces, provided they are in nice unpitted condition. If they are pitted, you can probably throw them out because everybody elses are also.

If those rims are 14x 5.5" sbp steelies, they are $25.00 a piece

Bumpers are $35.00 a piece for unrusted cores from most of the replaters, and depending on their condition you can sell them outright for upwards of $100.00 a piece if they are straight and nice, with limited or no peppering.

The front upper grille header, lower grille support and the 2 lower splash shields would fetch about $75.00 for the bunch if they are straight and not rusted

The front seats will bring anywhere from $100.00-150.00 for the pair if the seat tracks are not rusted and in good working order

The chrome trim for the cargo area... the corner pieces are the hardest to find unpitted as the rest is stainless, so I'd put $40.00 on the entire setup, or $30.00 just for the corners if they're not pitted

The V8 gas pedal assembly will bring about $30.00-40.00, as will the V8 center link

The inner fender splash shields are a good sell at $25.00 a piece for the long rear ones and about $15.00 a piece for the fronts

Thats a general idea of the stuff I see that you have, and also some additional parts not in your pictures as of yet, but things you should definetly check. You can message me through a P.M. if you'd like to talk specific items!!! Geof

Where are you in Florida. Interested in many of the parts and live in Naples, FL. Does the car have a Tachometer?

Sorry, just couldn't help myself!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5cneCgNA9U"]YouTube - ‪I Can Fix It‬‏[/ame]

looking for a lower drivers quarter .... and lower valence in the rear...! thanks

I was wondering if there was anyone who would mind helping me price the parts on my Barracuda? She was the world to me, but unfortunately my life took some crazy turns and I ended up flipping her going 70+ in a crash I don't remember. She saved my life, but unfortunately the damage is just too much for me to even consider fixing, so I'm left with parting her out so I can afford another car. I don't have any clue what anything is worth, which I know is probably a dumb thing to say, but I figured I'd see if anybody could give me a little help.

Here's some pictures of the aftermath:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Front view

Side view

Inside
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
I have a photobucket with pictures of a fraction of the parts I have off already, and some photos of what it currently looks like. I still need to take pictures of a bunch of stuff but my motivation comes and goes, I'm trying not to focus too much on her, but I desperately need another vehicle so I need to get my *** in gear :laughing:

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Matt

looking at the pics it looks like you did yourself a favor wrecking that thing. it was full uf rust and bondo. if you get another go over it real good and get a cleaner one.

what caused the accident in the first place?

i am interested in your center grill and emblem,also i am looking for the plastic trim for the headliner just behind where the interior lamps are.they are small and curved,fits along curve of the back glass.let me know on price.thanks!

-
Back