Need to get my rimblow or my cash back

-
Yes, they sure do. I sold a part for $240.00 shipped and they dinged me over $9.00 fee for the transaction. If they would of converted it to Canadian dollars there would of been a $14.00 conversion fee and a 4.99 transaction fee. Kim

yeah they even take their percentage out of the shipping costs too...not just the item itself...go figure

Dont be a cynic! This thread alone is proof that good people will help !!
I'm not so sure why find this funny tho! Nothing funny about a guy getting ripped off whether he is at fault or could have prevented it or not. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Lighten up Francis. I guess you've never heard the comedy deal that finishes up, "You'll get nothing and like it!"

Most that know me in here understand the dripping sarcasm that my comment was drenched in. Also, I accept F&F for my harnesses and any other items and don't mess around. Money comes in, parts go out. Simple operation and never a screw job.

Glad Roy got taken care of by the cool members in this site. I hope a lesson was learned.

Just my 2 cents... when you post a "wanted" ad you best be "on guard" because the scammer knows what you are looking for and your "need". Already behind the 8 ball. Preying on that "need" get them a LONG way into your pocket. Have a good one all!

Lighten up Francis. I guess you've never heard the comedy deal that finishes up, "You'll get nothing and like it!"
It wasn't the fact that he stated that he had what I needed that got me. It was the fact that he advertised it at a very reasonable price that got me. I should have remembered " If it sounds too good to be true,it probably ly is."
Most that know me in here understand the dripping sarcasm that my comment was drenched in. Also, I accept F&F for my harnesses and any other items and don't mess around. Money comes in, parts go out. Simple operation and never a screw job.

Glad Roy got taken care of by the cool members in this site. I hope a lesson was learned.

Just my 2 cents... when you post a "wanted" ad you best be "on guard" because the scammer knows what you are looking for and your "need". Already behind the 8 ball. Preying on that "need" get them a LONG way into your pocket. Have a good one all!

What got me wasn't the fact that he stated that he had something I needed. It was that what I needed he offered for cheap. I should have remembered the saying"If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is."

That's the second spoke in the wheel... :)

They know you "need" it and the price is incredible. You provide the first, they nail you with the second.

Who you calling Francis? Francis! Haha :poke::rofl:

What got me wasn't the fact that he stated that he had something I needed. It was that what I needed he offered for cheap. I should have remembered the saying"If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is."
I bought a new in box Carter BB fuel pump a month back. FNF, didn't know the guy, got a well packed item as described. Sometimes it is too good to be true, but for $10 for a new $40 pump I didn't worry. Still, the scum that burned you, well the Justin Figgatt Scam School must be still giving classes.

I bought a new in box Carter BB fuel pump a month back. FNF, didn't know the guy, got a well packed item as described. Sometimes it is too good to be true, but for $10 for a new $40 pump I didn't worry. Still, the scum that burned you, well the Justin Figgatt Scam School must be still giving classes.
I have got alot of stuff from here and paid fnf! I think the most expensive thing i bought was 165 bucks. I dont always pay fnf especially if it's a member iv never seen before or someone who has 30 posts or something like that. But I figure a well known member with 12000 posts and years of membership and relationships is not gonna tarnish their name to cheat me out of 40 bucks. And if they do then I will know not to trust them anymore. Imo the OP learned a valuable lesson and the lesson learned was well worth the 80 bucks he lost. The lesson was
1) people are out there that will rip you off.
2) for all the people who are out there to rip you off there are 20 more that will have your back and help you out!

I have got alot of stuff from here and paid fnf! I think the most expensive thing i bought was 165 bucks. I dont always pay fnf especially if it's a member iv never seen before or someone who has 30 posts or something like that. But I figure a well known member with 12000 posts and years of membership and relationships is not gonna tarnish their name to cheat me out of 40 bucks. And if they do then I will know not to trust them anymore. Imo the OP learned a valuable lesson and the lesson learned was well worth the 80 bucks he lost. The lesson was
1) people are out there that will rip you off.
2) for all the people who are out there to rip you off there are 20 more that will have your back and help you out!
He got me too!! Anyone have his phone # or address - Please share with me. A daily chorus of midnight phone calls from members would be just.

He got me too!! Anyone have his phone # or address - Please share with me. A daily chorus of midnight phone calls from members would be just.
Same guy got you?? I thought he was gone??

If the fee is too much for they buyer to pay then you probably should not be buying parts for your car.
If that's the case then the seller should just eat it!! If he cant afford to pay the fee he shouldn't be selling parts. :rolleyes:
See how ridiculous this sounds!
All jokes aside
I don't think it has anything to not being able to afford 3% its more about trust comrodery with fellow mopar guys. It's sad when guys with the same common interests cut another guy it the wallet just to make a buck. But unfortunately it happens every single day everywhere. I see a crap ton of it on Facebook!

If that's the case then the seller should just eat it!! If he cant afford to pay the fee he shouldn't be selling parts. :rolleyes:
All jokes aside
I don't think it has anything to not being able to afford 3% its more about trust comrodery with fellow mopar guys. It's sad when guys with the same common interests cut another guy it the wallet just to make a buck. But unfortunately it happens every single day everywhere. I see a crap ton of it on Facebook!
I have no problem myself with the 3 percent. Some of the sellers here sell at such a good price it makes no sense thinking they should have to pay it. If that was the case you would go to a swap meet and think they should take 3 percent off the price because they are not shipping it and selling cash and carry. My feeling is if 3 percent is too much get out of the hobby as all hobbies come with cost.

he scammed lots of people.. why i always pay the paypal fee anymore... i got screwed a few yrs back..guy sent old crappy parts that he said were nos..pics were of nos parts too.. never again

he scammed lots of people.. why i always pay the paypal fee anymore... i got screwed a few yrs back..guy sent old crappy parts that he said were nos..pics were of nos parts too.. never again
Do tell more. NOS fraud is lowlife scum because it's usually a pretty penny for the parts. Then you get shipped junk. I would be tempted to get in my car with the return address...

most of the times when i buy something and pay it with paypal i presume the seller is just as honest as i am, and WANTS me to pay it just like im paying for parts, and i presume he considered his overhead when he priced his part

so, if your selling an intake for 200, shipped, i might buy it, pay the guy 200 and mark it as parts and services
why...because im trying to scam the seller out of 6 bucks?

no, because im not gonna lie to the seller any more then im gonna lie to paypal
so if you take paypal, you should probably know it costs 3%

Paypal is a convenience for the buyer as well. Depends on how you look at it. If I want $X in my pocket, why should I have to advertise the parts at a 3-5% increased price to cover the cost of a transactional fee that may never occur. When I'm at a swap, I don't tell people taht the price is 50 or 53.50 if paypal. I know what I want and they hand me cash.

Just a different perspective.

As I mnetioned before. If you put up a WANTED ad, be on your guard and ALWAYS pay using goods and service and eat the 3%. It's cheap insurance when dealing with someone you don't know.

I sent Roy a PM a while back just askin if he got the wheel and if he was happy with it. No response as of yet. I hope he got it.

It would be nice to hear a happy ending to the story. I asked him to toot the horn for FABO!

Last I talked to him he said "I just sent the guy the $$ for the rimblow steeringwheel today." and that was last Monday

Getting paid for merchandise is the same problem for the seller. The buyer can send junk back and get his money back with just a tracking number and an "item not as described complaint".

Look at feed back and require an address and phone number that works. I always give my info before I accept payment.

I will not send high dollar parts unless it is paid as gift, I lost to many parts to scum bag buyers that use the "item not as described". So if you are not in a weekend driving distance you better be well known or get someone who is well known to buy it for you .

Some buyers I hesitate selling to or buy from until I check their profile.

-
Back