New BB Aluminum Heads from CPPA

-

JGC403

Reaction score
I saw in this months issue of Chrysler Power new heads aluminum heads for BB. In the article they say that it should be close to the same price as reconditioning your old iron heads. Well I looked up the price on their website, $1,195 for a set complete with valves springs and retainers. They are cheaper than Eddy heads, about the same as 440source. Its been about 10 years since I had my 906 heads reconditioned, but I don't think it cost me that much.

Anyways has anyone on here tried them?

http://chryslerpower.com/webstore/Big-Block-Aluminum-Heads

The look pretty good to me, and unlike 440 source heads, you can run a decent lift cam OTB. Looking in between the intake runners looks like there is a lot a material that can be removed in porting. If they do indeed flow what they say, they should flow real well with a port job. They must be straighter at the pushrod area or something to get those numbers cause the port openings look kinda small.

Does anyone know where the Pro-Max or Sidewinder heads are made?

Ted

if i was going to buy a new set of big block mopar heads i would be giving these a hard look. these come CNC ported and flow over 300 cfm at 600 lift. and the price is not bad. also these are the stock port head they are so posed to be coming out with a race version with i guess max wedge intake port. I have the stock port indy EZ heads on my dart.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzZK7Je1HgM"]Trick Flow PowerPort 240 Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head - YouTube[/ame]

Oh Jesus, Trick Flow builds nasty stuff, their heads for the Ford 4.6 2V are sick. Yes these will definitely be on my radar when I start going thru my Duster.

Oh Jesus, Trick Flow builds nasty stuff, their heads for the Ford 4.6 2V are sick. Yes these will definitely be on my radar when I start going thru my Duster.

here is some more info i found on the trick flow heads.

http://bangshift.com/general-news/n...ock-chrysler-cylinder-heads-new-option-wedge/

i am not sure yet but i am thinking about selling my Indy EZ heads that are more or less box stock. the valve bowls have been lightly ported but that's it. mine have a 270cc intake port that i always wondered if they was to big for a 440?

here is some more info i found on the trick flow heads.

http://bangshift.com/general-news/n...ock-chrysler-cylinder-heads-new-option-wedge/

i am not sure yet but i am thinking about selling my Indy EZ heads that are more or less box stock. the valve bowls have been lightly ported but that's it. mine have a 270cc intake port that i always wondered if they was to big for a 440?

I could be wrong, but I don't think they would be, I mean I have heard some people say they have no problems even putting Max Wedge EZ Indy's on 440's, I actually contemplated running a set of the MW EZ's myself, I do plan to go 500ci one day, so whatever I do I plan to run something to better accommodate that. Keep em' not unless you want to sell em to me for Tree fity. All you have to do is grind the lip down on the port to make it MW height.

if i was going to buy a new set of big block mopar heads i would be giving these a hard look. these come CNC ported and flow over 300 cfm at 600 lift. and the price is not bad. also these are the stock port head they are so posed to be coming out with a race version with i guess max wedge intake port. I have the stock port indy EZ heads on my dart.

Trick Flow PowerPort 240 Big Block Mopar Cylinder Head - YouTube

How much are the trick flows i been trying to find a price thanks

I could be wrong, but I don't think they would be, I mean I have heard some people say they have no problems even putting Max Wedge EZ Indy's on 440's, I actually contemplated running a set of the MW EZ's myself, I do plan to go 500ci one day, so whatever I do I plan to run something to better accommodate that. Keep em' not unless you want to sell em to me for Tree fity. All you have to do is grind the lip down on the port to make it MW height.

well when i bought the indy heads i was also going to build a 512 stoker engine but that fell through and it doesn't look like i will be building one in a long time. I would like to get mine ported but dont know if anybody does a cnc stock port on them. but looks like to need to talk to some engine builders and see what they say. thanks Mopar65

well when i bought the indy heads i was also going to build a 512 stoker engine but that fell through and it doesn't look like i will be building one in a long time. I would like to get mine ported but dont know if anybody does a cnc stock port on them. but looks like to need to talk to some engine builders and see what they say. thanks Mopar65

The issue is that the EZ head was never really engineered to be used at a standard port window. The port is max wedge sized and they just "taper" the end to standard port dimensions. It "works", but it's not ideal.

I'd just go MW size and call it good, it's not like you're talking B-1's on a 383. S/F.....Ken M

Yeah Hughes actually fills in the gap on the ez Indy heads behind the lip its not even a taper OTB, they claim it speeds up the port smoothing it out. I guess it tumbles like air in a truck bed with the tailgate up is why they do it. Me, I would just take a dremel and grind that lip down and put a max wedge intake on it and be done.

thanks for the info guys. well i might just hold off on having them cnc ported with the stock ports until i can get a max wedge intake and a single carb. Because i don't have the money to do both right now.

-
Back