New daily driver

-
did some measuring last night. the truck currently has 225/75/15 all way round. I am going to try to fit an 235/70/16 up front and 265/70/16 on the rear. the rears are gonna fit for sure with miles of room. the fronts may rub on full luck but its going to be very close. I think i may be able to pull it off. I did some measuring and it looks like if they do run its going to be on the inside of the inner fender splash gaurds. the wheel well itself should clear. the big problem with the wheels on the front is going to be the center cap. it hits by about 1/4" on the dust cap. DONT SHOOT ME! The plan is to take the front rotors off. im going to get out the angle grinder and very slowly with water to keep it cool cut the spindle tip back the 1/4" that will leave me about 1/8" in front of the cotter pin hole for the spindle nut retainer. then im gonna have to gently smash the the dust cap flat. i know its a bit barbaric but i have seen this work. on another note.... I got some of the engine parts today! anyone wanting to build a mild 5.9 mag motor is going to need these parts, got them all from hughes valve springs part # 1110 these allow up to .550 lift with a 1.6 rocker retainers part # 1278 these allow the added lift without crushing the valve seals locks part # 1307b valve stem seals part # 3806 I got new factory replacement lifters also part # 5006. i was told they are not mandatory if your check out good but it was more of a piece of mind for me. http://s370.photobucket.com/user/johnnydart_photo/media/photo2_zpsa5f9b90d.jpg.html http://s370.photobucket.com/user/johnnydart_photo/media/photo1_zps29d2f45d.jpg.html
why not spend $30-40 for a pair of 1/4" wheel spacers

why not spend $30-40 for a pair of 1/4" wheel spacers

might have to do that. gonna order the tires next payday and see how they fit. the wheels are an 8" wheel so i cant run too skinny of a tire. i hate the look of a tire narrower then the wheel. the combo i have planned should work. we will see. if need be i will end up running small spacers.

Damn you are moving right along on this project. Going ape ****!!

Nice!!

its my new daily driver. gotta get er up to snuff. gonna be painting it soon too. plan to learn on this one as it is pretty much arrow straight and needs very little body work. i think it would be a blast to bracket race it too in the sportsman class. should have no prob going low 13s. hell my buddies can come to the track and run it while i run the dart. got a stereo in the mail too. got a set of JBL 100 RMS 6x9's and 95 RMS kenwood 6" door speakers with a 1600 watt amp. got it all for $250

its my new daily driver. gotta get er up to snuff. gonna be painting it soon too. plan to learn on this one as it is pretty much arrow straight and needs very little body work. i think it would be a blast to bracket race it too in the sportsman class. should have no prob going low 13s. hell my buddies can come to the track and run it while i run the dart. got a stereo in the mail too. got a set of JBL 100 RMS 6x9's and 95 RMS kenwood 6" door speakers with a 1600 watt amp. got it all for $250

Cool.... What amp did you buy? The one I put in the scamp gets too hot and shuts off after about 1 hour due to it not having any cooling fans, it goes into safety mode. I need to buy a different one. It does fine when sitting, it is when I am driving the car... These old cars throw out some serious heat!

Cool.... What amp did you buy? The one I put in the scamp gets too hot and shuts off after about 1 hour due to it not having any cooling fans, it goes into safety mode. I need to buy a different one. It does fine when sitting, it is when I am driving the car... These old cars throw out some serious heat!

SoundStorm SoundStorm (SSL) EV4.1600 1 $89.99 JBL JBL GTO938 1 $69.95 Kenwood Kenwood KFC-1395PS 1 $44.95 Belva Belva BAK42 1 $29.99 NVX NVX XIV45here is what i got.

well i tore into the mag motor last night. was happy to see cross hatching in all cylinders. the pics dont do it any justice but all 8 cylinders had cross hatching still. so we are moving onward with the build. i took alot of pics more for my reference but who knows they may help someone else. here are the dis-assembly pics.

Looks pretty clean in there

It's got a bit of crap but that's to be expected. Lil worried bout bottom end. Cam bearings are pretty worn. Gonna have new bearings pushed in and run it though. If it throws a rod at 6k so be it. Just go get another one. Lol

Tonight's main even:

Baked on grease

Vs.

Elbow grease

Scrubbed my *** off tonight but lookin good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 105
Mine was crustier, should be fine. That intake & cam,should wake it up. If you jump to E.Q. heads ,work the plenum/ drop that divider intake plane down.(J.M.O.)

Mine was crustier, should be fine. That intake & cam,should wake it up. If you jump to E.Q. heads ,work the plenum/ drop that divider intake plane down.(J.M.O.)

No budget for eq heads. This is just gonna be my street beater. Plan to do another one for my 65 valiant . That one is gonna get the good stuff. This motor is gonna suprise me I think. I'm shooting for low 13s in my dakota

46rh>>>>>>>>>>>>>904!

its based on the 904 isnt it? just with overdrive and an added clutch pack? seems like everyone wants like 2x the money to rebuild the 46rh vs. the 904. the 904 i have has a forward pattern manual valve body, kevlar clutches and other goodies.

No, the 46RH (which my 1995 Dak has now, and yours may) is based on the 727. If your engine is relatively mild, a stock rebuild should work. ANY highway driving without OD will be utter misery unless you swap to 3.23 or taller gears. (Most Daks have 3.55's, mine has 3.90's.)

No, the 46RH (which my 1995 Dak has now, and yours may) is based on the 727. If your engine is relatively mild, a stock rebuild should work. ANY highway driving without OD will be utter misery unless you swap to 3.23 or taller gears. (Most Daks have 3.55's, mine has 3.90's.)

My dak has 3.5 rear gears. The trans pan looks like the 904. No dog leg on side of pan. Would that be the 518 trans?

well got started with the stereo install this weekend. you know me..... cant do anything the easy or stock way. truck had provisions for wussy 4x6 rear speakers. thats just not gonna cut it. so i made custom mounts for a set of 6x9's. got em built and mocked up this weekend. they are off at powder coat now. gonna be a semi gloss textured black. they should blend in nicely.

got the speaker mounts back from powder coat and they look pretty good.

then i got to working on getting the amp mounted. got the brackets made up and welded to the back of the cab. gonna do a mock up install then go back and tape it off and paint. thinking i may make a trim board and clue some carpet to it for the entire back wall behind the cab. kinda clean it up a bit.

I'd have to look at my Dak to be sure, but I am about 98% certain that a 1992-96 used no AIR pump...you could just swap to Magnum accessories.

My Dak has about an inch or a little less between the fan and radiator...the V8 Daks are that tight!

I did look: Magnum engines DO NOT use an AIR pump. Ergo: for AIR pump delete, grab Magnum accessories and brackets. (Note that AFAIK, Dakotas used the same accessories-except, MAYBE, the water pump-on 318's and V6's!)

-
Back