**NEW Edelbrock Victor Series Small Block Heads**

-
Called today, was told another 3 months at least till they release them.

Standard intake, not W2/5, Std rockers no offset(thats what the guy told me, I asked if he was 100%, he said yes), must use a spacer for the end rails. Thats all the info they would give me at this time.

That "picture" is just a rendering. If they ever reach the market, they'll probably look different. Hopefully they decide to put all of the head bolt holes on the finished product. I imagine that since they are mostly hiden from this angle under the exhaust ports, the CAD guy just left them out of his drawing.

With a 2.15" intake valve, they will also have to move the valve over. That will raise the price of available rockers.

Notice that the pushrod hole isn't in the way of the port so yeah, prolly offset rockers. Hughes is moving the pushrods now and using different rockers or so I was told by them. edit: oops, shoulda read further into the thread.

Greg at Edelbrock told me a couple of weeks ago it could be between Aug. and Oct. but they were not sure exactly when. They did this with the BB Victor heads too so it could be Christmas before we see a casting that's ready for developing.
From what I've seen though, it should be worth the wait!
Brian

I'm hoping to actually get to see them at SEMA this year. All they had was a small blurb and computer rendering in a "New for-" catalog last year.

Flow numbers suck as listed. The on web site pictures show me a lot of work will be needed off the bat just for use never mind what there (named) intended for.

Flow numbers suck as listed. The on web site pictures show me a lot of work will be needed off the bat just for use never mind what there (named) intended for.

Those flow numbers are for the Magnum RPM head, it even says 61779 at the top of the chart.

Any update on these heads? Do they fit with regular 340 blocks and standard Victor intake manifolds / 340 TTI headers?

k going out to set my roller rockers first time with crane 1.6 gold on a 340 can any 1 give me info on how to set rite and not pop a piston

k going out to set my roller rockers first time with crane 1.6 gold on a 340 can any 1 give me info on how to set rite and not pop a piston

Side clearence them .015, make sure they r centered to the valve, to start. Then to adjust....loosen lock nut one at a time and with Allen wrench set on adjuster and feeler gauge between rocker and valve tip...have a friend crank motor over while putting a lil clockwise attention on the wrench till it doesn't wanna freely tighten any more , then with valve held open...tighten lock nut and move to the next . That's for solid cams.
If hydraulic...just turn it to the back side of the cam lobe , loosen lock nut and turn counter clockwise the adjuster till u get free play on the rocker, then tighten just ill u have none...then turn the adjuster clockwise another half turn maybe 3/4 turn and then tighten lock nut.

So now it is MAY 2013....... Last update was supposed to be out in JUNE 2013

Are they still on schedule?

Edlebrock was giving shop tours yesterday. I guess they do them about once a year. Not sure how or why, but I was sent an email invitation over a month ago. So I reserved a spot and took the drive down to Torrance yesterday to participate.

It's pretty amazing the technology they have at their disposal to R&D, manufacture, and do quality control checks. I would highly recommend taking the tour if you ever get a chance.

They have one of those 3D printers in R&D to make partial hard plastic models of cylinder head designs. Had one running when we were there. I thought that was pretty cool. Heard of these 3D printers but this was my first experience seeing one in action. How long before one is in nearly every home? Ten years maybe? They use this 3D printer to make up prototypes and test air flow designs before ever making a casting. They also use the models to build tooling and lower R&D time as the cores are being cast.

Anyways I had forgot all about these heads so I didn't even think about asking.

Pretty cool to see an American built product here in California no less, that is being successfully produced and employing so many people. They really do look like they have their act together even if they are taking there time with these heads.

Wait...they have to release a dozen more versions of the sbc....plus half dozen bbc...and 3 or 4 new version of Furds...then they might....find time to get to the Small Block Mopar...

Guess these heads were still born.... i was really hoping for there release well over a year ago.

Edlebrock was giving shop tours yesterday. I guess they do them about once a year. Not sure how or why, but I was sent an email invitation over a month ago. So I reserved a spot and took the drive down to Torrance yesterday to participate.

It's pretty amazing the technology they have at their disposal to R&D, manufacture, and do quality control checks. I would highly recommend taking the tour if you ever get a chance.

They have one of those 3D printers in R&D to make partial hard plastic models of cylinder head designs. Had one running when we were there. I thought that was pretty cool. Heard of these 3D printers but this was my first experience seeing one in action. How long before one is in nearly every home? Ten years maybe? They use this 3D printer to make up prototypes and test air flow designs before ever making a casting. They also use the models to build tooling and lower R&D time as the cores are being cast.

Anyways I had forgot all about these heads so I didn't even think about asking.

Pretty cool to see an American built product here in California no less, that is being successfully produced and employing so many people. They really do look like they have their act together even if they are taking there time with these heads.

You'd think this would allow for quicker development. Perhaps there is a problem coming up with a design better than what we have.

I honestly don't think these will ever see the light of day

I'd rather see a set of alloy W2 heads, anyhow.

-
Back