**NEW Edelbrock Victor Series Small Block Heads**

-
Which makes these equally as worthless......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Pair-Mo...ock-/391137603929?hash=item5b119e3159&vxp=mtr

just a tad boring of a day and was searching for any new info on the Ebrocks..... not that I need them anymore, but it would have been the direction I went instead of selling my soul for the W8 project.

LOL most people have no clue how much time and money it would take to make those bare castings work. $1000's upon $1000's. I bet after all is said and done you would have $5000 or more into them. nuts.

An 18 bolt head, sweet. Where the hell are you going to get an 18 bolt block? No more blocks around unless you know someone who might know someone that stole one from somewhere at sometime LOL

I think they should scrap the idea altogether and develop a real head that most people can actually use. We have good street heads, now we need a good Race head that we can use with a factory type block(10 bolt) and headers(non W series). I see so many awesome heads for the SBC and SBF that will support 800hp NA, nothing out there for the SBM. BBM, there are plenty of options, but not much for the SBM.

I have one, LOL, and a callies crank.

Hey brand new here, just thought I would post up another up coming head we are getting in Canada, Unfortunately I doubt it will beat the current eddies. But maybe for the guys looking for 500HP or less and want aluminum heads. and they all come with a flow sheet. I phoned but they also are not quite available yet LOL!!

http://www.performance-world.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=63171

Any thoughts??

My thought at seeing the exhaust port right off the bat is that it's only advantage is that it "might" actually be available someday..... other than that, I think there are other comparable heads already on the market. If they want a junk W5 to copy, and are willing to do it, I'll send them one!

D1zzy Duster; Edelbrock head copy.

I'll send them my W5's for a free Victor set later.
LMAO

I'll say it again, because I said it so many years ago on this topic.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Out of curiosity, what does a comparable equipped each/set of Indy 360-1 costs?

Steve;

For the pair. Not single head
$1785 bare,
$2095 assembled with roller springs good to .650, rectangle or oval.

$3535 for the complete kit. Says nothing about the heads being ported.

Porting, new springs, machine work for more lift and Jessel rocker assembly.... You will be in them 10K for a Max effort head.

Says order today and receive by 8/3. yeah right.

Step on up kids!!! It's showtime!!

Not likely gonna happen @ $2000 per head anytime soon.
I'll have to wait until the price comes down like the big screen TV's.
Once again, the MoPar guys get a baseball bat in the head.

I'm not gonna *****, there available (?) to use now. If the head lives up to its name and has a good rep, then they will be worth it. But 4K for a as cast set is a bit crazy in my wallet right now.

Hughesengines has the only flow numbers I have seen. Edelbrocks web site no longer has the numbers which were completely bogus. If they flow like Hughesengines tested them to be, they will be a great head. I also hope rocker arms are not another over priced item.

Step on up kids!!! It's showtime!!

Step up you mean Pay up ?? Sounds to me Edelbrock wants us to pay for r & d ,,,
Once again prices are out of a budget guys hands ,, I can't see average racer shelling 4k for set of heads that's still need few dollars to get on engine ,, worthless to me for this price

Well I really questioned more than a few times my choice of going with a W8 build..... but at 2k a head I'm not feeling so bad now :). .....and I still can't believe I got my junk running before these heads finally came out!

Maybe I will order one and see what its all about.

Keep us posted!!!!
would love to here your over view of them!:happy1:

for the average racer, these heads are over kill and would gain nothing. For some one that has a sets of Eddys full max ported, these could be the ticket.

350CFM is a lot. compared to a stock X head that flowed around 200.

I read some were's, maybe here, that there was no header available for them as the raised port, made them a custom head only.

Then again, if you have the Eddy maxed out, and you want to go faster:D

-
Back