New forum group, Nor-Cal Mopars

-
i had no idea there was a northern california thread in here after being a member for 6 years

Lol yeah I'm back in NorCal. San Jose. Anyone use mean street performance in Belmont ca? Really good guys when taking and nice work on Instagram

Yep. He's the one I got the Barracuda convertible from. I've known him we both lived in the Bay Area in the 1980s. He lived less than a half mile from where I bought the GTS convertible.

I went to the toy for tots run in San Jose last weekend. Nice people but had a strange thing happen. I saw some moron touching the hood emblem on my barracuda and walked over to my car. By the time I got there he was leaning into my car and moving the seat.

He claimed to be just looking and said he was a mopar guy. But was quite a moron after all. Who goes to a car show and touches someone else's car with out permission and then try's to start a fight when you tell him to get away from your car.

This is the kind of guy who never has a car at the show. I think the whole hobby would be better served without these guys.

Hey Cody are you up and running? Going to plan a big track day next year. I'll let you know when I get closer.

"February 7th 2016 is of course Super Drive Sunday!

In it's 11th year, Super Drive Sunday is a single day driving event open to any and all vintage vehicles. (well... let's keep it pre-1980)

Unlike other road rallies, Super Drive Sunday encourages all manner of pre-1980 vehicles to participate. Sports cars, sedans, wagons, trucks, jeeps, vans, forklifts, tractors, and back hoes will all share the road in a one day assault on forgotten Peninsula back roads.
The route is less than 100 miles and it will even get you home before the game starts. (if that's your thing) The best part? We stay far away from Levis Stadium in Santa Clara and it's 100% FREE.

February 7th... Nick's at Rockaway Beach in Pacifica... 10AM. Hope to see you and your machine there.

The Super Drive Organizational Team"

From the guys who run the California Melee multi-day event. I got the 2bbl sorted on the Barracuda and I have an appointment for new tires Monday so I will definitely be running.

"February 7th 2016 is of course Super Drive Sunday!

In it's 11th year, Super Drive Sunday is a single day driving event open to any and all vintage vehicles. (well... let's keep it pre-1980)

Unlike other road rallies, Super Drive Sunday encourages all manner of pre-1980 vehicles to participate. Sports cars, sedans, wagons, trucks, jeeps, vans, forklifts, tractors, and back hoes will all share the road in a one day assault on forgotten Peninsula back roads.
The route is less than 100 miles and it will even get you home before the game starts. (if that's your thing) The best part? We stay far away from Levis Stadium in Santa Clara and it's 100% FREE.

February 7th... Nick's at Rockaway Beach in Pacifica... 10AM. Hope to see you and your machine there.

The Super Drive Organizational Team"

From the guys who run the California Melee multi-day event. I got the 2bbl sorted on the Barracuda and I have an appointment for new tires Monday so I will definitely be running.

Is there a published route? Any stops along the way? I don't want to drive all the way from the south bay to Pacifica. I'd rather meet up along the way.

No published route, but based on past years it probably goes down 35 to Skyline, then meanders around a bit. But it will certainly pass by and pause at Alice's Restaurant on Woodside & Skyline. So you could catch up there, probably late morning or noonish. From there it heads down to 9 and the redwoods. Lunch and the turnaround would be in Boulder Creek, I think.

No published route, but based on past years it probably goes down 35 to Skyline, then meanders around a bit. But it will certainly pass by and pause at Alice's Restaurant on Woodside & Skyline. So you could catch up there, probably late morning or noonish. From there it heads down to 9 and the redwoods. Lunch and the turnaround would be in Boulder Creek, I think.

That sounds good. I might just go to Alice's and wait, then continue on with everyone from there. Then when everybody turns around in Boulder Creek, I can head back down 9 and home.

This just in:

"Due to Pacifica being pounded by waves, as well as the exponential growth of the Super Drive, we're going to have to move the starting line to the Seabowl Parking lot on the other side of Hwy 1.

Everything else remains the same... but please tell anyone headed there next week that THE SUPER DRIVE MEET UP IS IN THE SEABOWL PARKING LOT at 10AM February 7th.

That is all.
Super Drive Team"

i actually live in roseville now, just havent updated my info since i moved. probably should do that. ive been here for 4 years lol

I'm up in Yuba City not too far from you guys in Roseville/Sacramento area. Any more members out there in the general vicinity? And are there many local meet ups going on or any interests for starting some? Always looking for resources for tech info, trading, weekend wrenching or just networking with fellow MOPAR enthusiasts.

Jerry

I hope some of you guys can come out to Friendship Day 2016 on May 15, 2016. I will post a copy of the flyer later. In the past it was held near the Port of Redwood City, location has changed and will be in Redwood Shores.

Great show to bring anything, its not judged so people bring cars that are never seen. It will be behind Oracle. Don't be afraid to bring project cars show cars rust buckets all welcome.

Hey NorCal,

I'm headed down to San Jose on this Friday 3/25/16 to pick up a set of Rallye Wheels and tires at David's Rally Wheels http://davidsrallywheels.com/

Taking the day off of work since it's about a 3 hour drive down from where I'm at North of Sacramento. Does anyone have any resources on MOPAR shops, Rod Shops, or a favorite salvage yard that I should stop by and visit? Always looking for new resources.

Probably headed down I-5 and then cut over at Tracey through Livermore and then down 680.

Hit me up if you got anything good for me!

Jerry

Here is a copy of the flyer for anyone that is interested in coming.

Attachments

• 2016friendshipday.pdf
    401.9 KB · Views: 181
Third Annual Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Show (sorry forgot to post the event here)

Start: Mar 26 2016 10:00 am
End: Mar 26 2016 3:00 pm
The Steve Warren Memorial Chapter 464 of the Vietnam Veterans of America invite you to their third annual classic car show. Saturday, March 26th, 2016, 10-3, at the Veterans Memorial Senior Center, 1455 Madison Ave, Redwood City. Pre-registration until Mar 16 is $20 per car. BBQ Lunch will be available. For additional info, contact Pres Gary Higgins at je.higgins07@comcast.net

YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND THE 3rd ANNUAL “WELCOME HOME
VIETNAM VETERANS DAY” CLASSIC CAR SHOW MARCH 26, 2016.
HELD AT THE VETERANS MEMORIAL SENIOR CENTER,
1455 MADISON AVE., REDWOOD CITY.
SPONSORED BY THE STEVE WARREN MEMORIAL CHAPTER 464 OF THE VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA.

-
Back