New Guy Here

-

miniburch

Reaction score
Hello all!
I have been checking this site out on and off for the past year or so and am really impressed with the amount of valuable information.

Now I will jump into why I am here. Currently there is no A body in my drive way but I do own one, my grandfather who passed 2 years ago left me his 1966 Dart GT 267 4bbl and now that all of his estate issues have settled (apparently its not even easy to die anymore) As soon as I come up with the funds to ship it from Pennsylvania to Arizona Ill have a pretty sweet ride.

With that if anybody has any shipping advice or questions on the car I would like to become an active member of this forum. Below is the only picture that I currently have taken at my uncles body shop a few days ago.
16312784_large.jpg

Oh, I like that 66 Dart... Hope to see it @ one of our local hangouts here in Phoenix... maybe @ Bell and 67th Ave... ??? :glasses7:

What part of Phoenix are you located?

Dam, another nice ride leaving the east coast...If no one chimes in here with a shipping reference go to moparts.com and checkout the Transportation section, you'll find some long haulers there. Good Luck with your new ride. Nice color option.

Fly in and drive it home. Thats a nice looking ride. Where in pa?

Welcome!
Cool car!
As someone mentioned there are some car haulers on Moparts. Com
Most of us like pics so we can't wait to see some more.

On Moparts look up Rinodart. He frequents that area and hauls west alot.Moved cars for me several times. Send me a PM if you are near the Pittsburgh area as I also know someone that buys trucks from the west and has contacts that may be of help.

PS. Nice, Your a lucky boy !!

Thable for all the advice. It gives me a lot to think about. If I can make it happen I'd really like to drive the cross country trip, I just need to find out some more info on the state of the car from my Uncle.

You grampa was a cool dude...like the others said..checkout Fabo Transport or fly out and make a holiday of bringing it back..

Fly in and drive it home. Thats a nice looking ride. Where in pa?

X2 squared
Spend the shipping money on mechanicals if necessary.
Everyone should drive "cross country" in an A body at least once.
And you will have put the money in the car, not hauling it.

I agree with the drive, brought my 65 formula S from Maryland to Chicago after moving there last year! It was a nice ride for my baby, across the Mountains in Maryland, West Virginia, Ohio Turnpike, stopped in Cleveland to visit my cousins, next day into Illinois, then Chicago! My funny part of the story was at the end of the Ohio turnpike the lady in the booth asked me what kind of car it was, as every cop on the road who saw me wanted to know what it was!!! Now cruising out on weekends to shows and having fun! Midwest Mopar Club member shows enjoying life! The Early A bodies don't have the big money value of later model so I say get in it a drive it! Enjoy it for what it was meant to be, A Big Boy Toy!! As I always say Mopar or No Car!!

65Cudalover
If you don't drive it what's the point of having it!

Oh I 100% agree I would love to drive it back. Which brings up the question, what type of fuel mileage would you guys guess on a stock 273 4bbl?

My guess is you will get 16 to 18? Great car by the way, looks to be complete, which is VERY important with these one off year early Darts! I have 66 trim left over from converting my 66 to a 65 if you need anything down the road, and will be coming through the Phoenix area early December. Welcome to the forum!

-
Back