New guy with video of car from canada

-

BC*73Duster*

1973 Duster 340 Auto 4:10
Reaction score
Hey guys, figured I might as well finally join up.. had the car since dec 2012.. hasn't been on the road yet,been a lot of work.

Heres a youtube video of it

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ozbjWx2FjQ"]1973 Duster 490hp 340 with 360 heads. Automatic, 4:10s, Flowmasters - YouTube[/ame]

when it was running decent oct 2013....

Engine was rebuilt and dynod at 500hp. its forged with 10.5 to run. but got low oil pressure and is about to get dropped off at the engine machine shop for new forged crank bearings and assembly and dyno pulls.

Car has a nos sniper kit I plan to use when I race it this summer /fall..

has 4.10s but only the 8.25, so next upgrade is ford 9 inch.

thanks and great forum:wav:

Welcome aboard :glasses7: good looking black ride and sounds good.. enjoy this great site :cheers:

Thanks guys.

Its a real healthy motor until fuel got into the oil and wiped the bearings and crank. rods are still good cause I caught it early... Forged pistons still good, so going with a forked crank... Not sure which one to get yet...

So it will be all forged and have to do some research on how big of a cam I can go lift wise, with my 360 magnum heads that are on the motor..

Welcome from chilliwack!! Car sounds good. With my engine quest magnum heads I'm putting on my 318 they can only handle .500 ish lift with the short valves and without cutting down the top of the valve guide.

See you at mission raceway?? I pretty much live there during race season and I'm a tech guy there. Come find me. I have a 75 dart se. Cinnamon with a cream vinyl top.

Welcome neighbor! I too am from Vancouver so hopefullly I will be seeing you around!

Welcome from chilliwack!! Car sounds good. With my engine quest magnum heads I'm putting on my 318 they can only handle .500 ish lift with the short valves and without cutting down the top of the valve guide.

See you at mission raceway?? I pretty much live there during race season and I'm a tech guy there. Come find me. I have a 75 dart se. Cinnamon with a cream vinyl top.

Nice, you will be seeing me there on the Friday nights. Last season I was racing my silver 2002 Camaro ss 6spd...

-
Back