New member QLD Australia

-

MOPR4YA

Reaction score
Hey guys new to forum. Im from QLD Australia and own a 72 Dodge demon with a 440 (452), A833 4spd and 4.56 geared ladder barred 9 inch. Had the car about 3.5 years now and have redone the whole drivetrain in that time. Power wise it makes 451hp to the tyres and has run a best of 12.5@115 with wheel spin. Hoping to see mid 11s once sorted.
FB_IMG_1471505996202.jpg

Welcome -- From Pa., here in the US. -- Nice demon - Quick too.

Welcome to FABO! Very nice looking Demon, even mid 12's is pretty a respectable time, what are your 60 foot times looking like? Are you running slicks or drag radials?

Also, does it seem weird driving a left hand drive car on a right hand drive roadway?

One of my favorites, welcome

At 115, data shows that you are at 8.2 pounds per horsepower, and have the potential to go 11.4. So a bit of sorting even with lousy 60 fts,should get you 11s easy enough.
But, the 8.2 seems to indicate your 451rwhp engine is a tad lazy/off-tune,the car is quite heavy,or she's trapping too far out of her powerband.

At 451RWHP, crank power should be up around 510. And the Demon raceweight should be around 3500 so 3500/510= 6.87 pounds per hp, and if close, that should be about 124mph with potential to go 10.8
So there you have some data for comparison.

Welcome to FABO! Very nice looking Demon, even mid 12's is pretty a respectable time, what are your 60 foot times looking like? Are you running slicks or drag radials?

Also, does it seem weird driving a left hand drive car on a right hand drive roadway?
60fts aren't the best 1.91 is its PB was running old N50-15s. Have recently swapped to 28x10.5-15W et drags hoping to improve the 60fts and first 660ft.
I dont drive it to much on the street here as it isnt registered, but the small times i do its fine just got to stay on top of your lane position.

One of my favorites, welcome

At 115, data shows that you are at 8.2 pounds per horsepower, and have the potential to go 11.4. So a bit of sorting even with lousy 60 fts,should get you 11s easy enough.
But, the 8.2 seems to indicate your 451rwhp engine is a tad lazy/off-tune,the car is quite heavy,or she's trapping too far out of her powerband.

At 451RWHP, crank power should be up around 510. And the Demon raceweight should be around 3500 so 3500/510= 6.87 pounds per hp, and if close, that should be about 124mph with potential to go 10.8
So there you have some data for comparison.

Cars been built and set up to go 11.0. If i can go 11.4-11.6 with the 4 spd ill be happy as.. 60fts been a best of 1.91. I've Just put a set of decent tyres under it hoping to better that. The first 660ft need the improving but the last 660ft is great ( which will obviously get even better once we improve the first)

Welcome to the forum, nice car, see the plates are from California. Did you buy the car from a member here, or what can you tell us as to how it ended up in your hands down under?

Welcome to the forum, nice car, see the plates are from California. Did you buy the car from a member here, or what can you tell us as to how it ended up in your hands down under?

Not sure if it was a member on here not but i bought the car out of Elk Grove (Sacramento) in may 2014 while on holiday and travelled california, arizona, nevada in it for a month before shipping it home here to Queensland, Australia at the end of june 2014.
Since than we have completely redone everything bar the interior. The body is still much the same but we have tidied bits and pieces of it up aswell.

When i got it, it was a cast headed 440 with a hydraulic cam with about 9.5 comp.

It now has Indy lil EZs solid roller cam and 11.5 comp.

Gearbox has had all new interns fitted and better setup hydraulic throwout than previous owner had on it. Also now has solid plate brass button clutch.

Diff has been changed from a 3:9lsd to a full spooled strange 4:56.

Full new fuel system.

Absolutely everything under the body has been changed.

It still has Cali plates on it cause i havent bothered to register it here and instead use it for drag, burnout, powercruise type events instead.

Thanks for the details. 1 less little devil in Cali, but glad to see its being treated well since the acquisition, and you guys appreciating our American Iron.

Wow, Elk Grove CA, had family that lived there back in the 70s-80s, went there in 74 on a vacation to visit. nice little town, wonder what it looks like today.

-
Back