-

luther

Luther
Reaction score
Hello all , new to this site and mopars , always been a Chev guy , my father had a 65 valiant growing up for 15 years , always thought it would be cool to put a big block in it and go fast !! finally found the same car , same colour , its twin . 6cyl car but l'm in the middle of gathering parts , l have a 64 413 Ram charger engine out of a boat , 440 heads , 4spd A833 out of a 70 Charger , 4bbl carb and intake from a 72 440 , still don't know what i'm doing about rear axle , hoping to find a 8.75 out of an A body. Hope to get some good info from this site Cheers!

You may have a problem with the 4 speed out of a Charger- the tail shaft is a lot longer than one from an a body!

Welcome to FABO! Got any pictures? Sounds like a fun project, caution though...this car is probably gonna kick some Chevy butt and you will convert you over to the dark side :glasses7:

You may have a problem with the 4 speed out of a Charger- the tail shaft is a lot longer than one from an a body!

Yup, you will need an 833 trans from an a-body or newer overdrive from a f-body Plymouth Volare or Dodge Aspen.

Your exhaust headers or manifolds will be another thing to sort out, gonna be tight unless you go fenderwall's headers.....63-66 A-body cars are different than the 67-76 models. Brewers Performance is a great place to get all your 4-speed stuff, they have a great website and tech support staff, they can get you moving :glasses7:

Welcome to FABO neighbor! I,m in Oakville and built my 66 Dart(Valiant) for the track.I run a 410/904/Dana, small block.Any questions?PM me for any help.

Welcome! Sorry you are so far away as I listed a couple of 8.75 A body rears just the other day....

probably not in the proper forum but i'll ask anyway , can anyone tell me which heads are better ? l have a set of 346 and 906 castings numbers heads of 440 's , i know 346 are a newer vintage but l heard they are both open chamber and basically the same ? Any info would be appreciated thx .:burnout:

Hello and welcome to thee place luther. We love pics here and as for posting questions just go to the forums section and post a new thread. Cheers:burnout:

-
Back