New to ABodies - Please recommend sites for purchasing a Dart

-

Kmrumedy

Reaction score
Hi,

Just started looking to purchase a Dart from 68 - 72. I don't know all the Abody sites yet.

Other than here and Ebay can you guys recommend and post some links to sites where I can look at purchasing a car?

I'll also be posting a wanted ad with more detail. For now, just looking to see what is on the market and get a better understanding of pricing for these cars.

Thanks.

Boy, have I got a deal for you! How about a Plum Crazy purple '70 Dart with a Paxton-supercharged 360 for $5?
Check out our club website (www.inlandmoparscarclub.com) and see the Charity Raffle car we're building to raffle off next October. 100% of the proceeds from all raffle ticket purchases go to California School For The Deaf in Riverside, CA, to benefit the kids. You can either send me a PM or click the link on the club website for ordering information.

Craigslist, ebay, and here about covers it.

Boy, have I got a deal for you! How about a Plum Crazy purple '70 Dart with a Paxton-supercharged 360 for $5?
Check out our club website (www.inlandmoparscarclub.com) and see the Charity Raffle car we're building to raffle off next October. 100% of the proceeds from all raffle ticket purchases go to California School For The Deaf in Riverside, CA, to benefit the kids. You can either send me a PM or click the link on the club website for ordering information.

NICE!!
You'll be getting my ticket order soon!

Km, are you looking for a turnkey car or is a project car an option?

Well I wanted to purchase this car but members say it is over priced. This is great example of what I am looking for.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=49914

Doesn't have to be turn key (would be nice) but it has to have absolutely no body work required or paint. Body and paint have to be relatively new and completely done. I just spent a small fortune doing an Ebody and never want to go through that again.

Well I wanted to purchase this car but members say it is over priced. This is great example of what I am looking for.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=49914

Doesn't have to be turn key (would be nice) but it has to have absolutely no body work required or paint. Body and paint have to be new completely done. I just spent a small fortune doing an Ebody and never want to go through that again.

I think this gives everyone a better idea of what you are looking for. As for the paint/bodywork requirement, I don't blame you one bit. Good luck with your search. BTW: You can also check out Moparts and RacingJunk.com.

There are a couple of sites that gave me a lot of fodder to look at when I was looking for my dart.

www.oldride.com
www.racingjunk.com
http://www.cars-on-line.com/dodge.html

After most of a summer of drooling over cars on line, I finally managed to find one as I was about to leave the Mopar nationals.

A *lot* of the cars out there right now are overpriced. That car seems a little high to me as well. *But* It does already have a roll bar, wheel tubs, etc. Those things are so-so expensive to install, but more importantly its time consuming and a big hassle if you can't do it yourself, so if you're looking for a strip car, you should keep that in mind.

The motor plate is a little bit of a concern to me. To me, that's a strip only deal, and I have a pretty high tolerance for hot-rod mods. It depends on how hard it would be to go back to conventional motor mounts.

I was looking for a street/strip car also, but settled for a car that was all stock, and decided to do the work myself. I'll know its done right, but that's a lot of time, and not a small amount of money.

This summer I bought my running driving, no body work needed, incredibly nice original interior, 33,000 mile 71 Dart (318/auto/no buckets) for $7500. It had a hole in the vinyl top, but other than that needed nothing.

Winter pics:

IMG_0359.jpg

smoberley

(Not sure why the interior pic won't display)

I sold the rim blow wheel, and replaced it with the wooden Grant deal.

Given the economy, I think the price would probably be lower if I bought it today.

Good Luck!

-
Back