Newbee here couple questions

-

71FJ6demon

Reaction score
Hi everyone, good to be a part of the a-body family finally. I picked up a demon earlier this summer but haven't had time to really play with it yet. The question I have is: Other than the core support numbers, are there any other stamping that connect the car to it's vin/tag buildsheet?

The car I have has mostly original paint (roof, doors, rear end, trunk).

It's a 71 340 4-speed FJ6 Demon with some good options. Thanks in advance.

Welcome..just did some research on a Superbee I found and in addition to the VIN plate on the dash, the rad support and along the driver side trunk rail under the weatherstrip. Supposed to be the last six of the VIN I believe.

Welcome..just did some research on a Superbee I found and in addition to the VIN plate on the dash, the rad support and along the driver side trunk rail under the weatherstrip. Supposed to be the last six of the VIN I believe.

70-72 Fastback A's (Duster, Demon), generally DO NOT have the trunk lip stamping. On a 71, look on the rear speaker shelf, between the speaker hole and rear window. My 70 Duster, 3 71 Dusters, and 72 Demon all have the vin stamped there.

Thew VIN should be stamped... 1Bxxxxxx or 1Exxxxxx

HTH

BTW that's a great Demon you got... one that I would love to have myself.

Shelf VIN.jpg

Thanks for the response guys! I will have to look under the package tray for the numbers. The car is a true FJ6 340 4-sp car. It was a race car early in life(no cutting thank god) and only has 32,000 miles. It's also rock solid. The guy I got it from lost a rear wheel and screwed up the lower rear quarter a bit but nothing I can't easily handle. He even gave me a factory (NOS) drivers quarter with it!

How do you post pics? I'll look around here and see if there is already a section regarding uploading. Thanks!

Welcome aboard, A Green Go Demon eh, can't wait to see the pics go to the "Forums page" then website help, the info is there for posting pics.

One of the really cool things about this car is that two guys on the assembly line signed their names an dated it!

IMG_1115.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

welcome 71FJ6demon!! Very Nice :cheers:
hope you hang out and enjoy this great site.

Welcome to Mopar mainia. The Demon has always been one of my favorite Mopars. You should enjoy this site. Lots of good info here. Howard

-
Back