newest addition arrived today

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Trip to Cruisin the Coast will be a little easier this year. Last year I bought a new 24' trailer to haul my Duster and used an old utility trailer to haul one of the other cars. One had to drive all the way. Didn't like that because there are a lot of crazy drivers out there. The Dart almost got hit in Birmingham coming home so I bought another trailer for the trip this year. This one is a 36' car hauler that will haul 2 cars. It was made on March 4th. It came in today and I just picked it up. Now I will be able to haul all 3 cars with no problems. We have been wanting to show these cars in Michigan and Tennessee so now we can do it.

Attachments

• DSC08832.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 430
  • DSC08833.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC08835.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 455
  • DSC08837.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 449
That's a lot of trailer !! Whatcha towin it with?

towing that trailer with this.03 Silverado 3500 with a Duramax

Attachments

• DSC08784.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 412
no, there is a box in the back of the truck.

Attachments

• DSC08788.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 395
Hey Bill, you think that Chebby will haul all of that? :poke:

Hey, PM me when you head to Michigan, ifn you're close, I will try and stop by for a visit.

Mopars at the Red Barn maybe?!?!? Great show! I usually try and make it to that show each year.

Having pulled LOTS of trailers, with that loaded, it will be very tough to pull safely. Even with your duely. Load bars will help, load equalization hitch. IMO that length trailer shoud be a fifth wheel. BE careful. Its going to sway.

You have way way WAY more time, money, and ambition that I do. Is only two axles REALLY gonna haul all that?

Nice trailer

What does it weigh and what is the total weight limit?

Are those 7,200 lbs axles?

Since you want to haul 3 cars a gooseneck 3 car hauler might have been a better option would have been easier to pull and your dually would have been perfect for one.

But you already got it, enjoy going to shows long distance

Hope to get over that way to a show and meet up

Please post when some of the shows in the area are going to be. Have been to Madison and rising sun shows in the past

Maybe we can get a FABO group at the shows

Having pulled LOTS of trailers, with that loaded, it will be very tough to pull safely. Even with your duely. Load bars will help, load equalization hitch. IMO that length trailer shoud be a fifth wheel. BE careful. Its going to sway.

X2 .... nice trailer but I agree...... load e qualizaler hitch for certain.. be craeful. lot of length and weight on back of truck..
I admit to being a gosseneck guy.

well maybe I wasn't clear on some things. That trailer wont be pulling 3 cars. I have another trailer I bought last year, a 24 ft. This trailer will take 2 cars. It has 2 -7000 lb axles with brakes on each axle and it weighs 3500 lbs. empty. trailer is rated for 14000 lbs. I too have pulled a lot of trailers in my time and I don't think there will be any problems with it. I do however have a Reese equalizer I can put on it if necessary. May even put it on if not necessary. I plan on loading the 2 cars and then welding my D rings where needed and see how it pulls. The trick is weight distribution.

well maybe I wasn't clear on some things. That trailer wont be pulling 3 cars. I have another trailer I bought last year, a 24 ft. This trailer will take 2 cars. It has 2 -7000 lb axles with brakes on each axle and it weighs 3500 lbs. empty. trailer is rated for 14000 lbs. I too have pulled a lot of trailers in my time and I don't think there will be any problems with it. I do however have a Reese equalizer I can put on it if necessary. May even put it on if not necessary. I plan on loading the 2 cars and then welding my D rings where needed and see how it pulls. The trick is weight distribution.

Good plan on welding d rings after loading and balancing

Trailer should handle 2 a bodies just fine

When I pull my big trailer I always use my distubutiion hitch, takes a lot of bounce out even when empty. Tried pulling it empty once without them and stopped a few miles down the road and put them on. Have my chains painted to know where to put them depending on how the trailer is loaded

I feel much better with pulling 2 cars on it. I wasn't trying to butt in you business, but I have pulled 6 horse goosenecks and everything else smaller, since I was 16 and have made it ( barely) to 68.

I got hit headon by a drunk . he was driving a big Lincoln. bout '75. I was pulling a gooseneck with a tractor, bush hog, etc on it. the tractor was chained down with the biggest log chains there was. it snapped the chains and the tractor wound up on top of the gooseneck. my point is these straped were use to hold down our cars, are worthless!!!!!???????
years back, a friend was coming back from the Nats. he had a 70 cuda in an enclosed trailer, held down with these straps, he had a somewhat small wreck, the straps broke, the cuda bounced around in that trailer like a b b in a box car!!!

be safe!!!

i use chains (probably big enough for a tank ) and a binder on my cars. a buddy asked me if i was securing a bull dozer, my reply was i KNOW it ain't going anywhere !
had a nylon strap break once, never again !

I have chains and straps. never had a strap break on me yet even as I used them when I was trucking. just have to use the right tie down on the right thing. put 2.5 million miles in a semi. guess I was lucky not to lose anything.

-
Back