Nite Moves..Engine gettin ready

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Hey all. wanted to share on the progresss. Im gettin ready for install of my 318 Stock..sorry..Into my 67 dart. I have decided on a colour change and mocked up the engine. All i need now is some gaskets and install the chrome oil pan and im almost good to go. Hope you like the pics..........Thanks,,BTW....The engine colour is goin on the car...Where dont know...Im thinkin 2 tone?????????Man do i need a better camera...These pics kind of suck:wack:

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 011.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 238
  • 012.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 252
Looks good Edd, I like that purple!! You going with that color on the dart too?? The intake looks sharp with that color

Looks good Edd, I like that purple!! You going with that color on the dart too?? The intake looks sharp with that color
Thanks Steve.......Yes...i have decided on that colour of purple..I put it up against the Plumb crazy colour on my Bumper???? Im thinkin, the darker is more plumb then anything. Thinkin Engine colour/black and maybe a hint of Dark grey accent stripe on the car.

Right on Edd! Sounds like you have been a busy guy.I like purple period,so you know I like your choice. Two tone would be nice. Maybe silver for the second color?

Lookin good!

Right on Edd! Sounds like you have been a busy guy.I like purple period,so you know I like your choice. Two tone would be nice. Maybe silver for the second color?

Lookin good!
Thanks man........Silver is one other colour i have been thinkin of.Hows it going on your end? Hope all is good.

I like the idea of silver with that purple as a 2 tone. Maybe with a small pinstripe between them of orange and yellow, I have seen something similar and I thought it looked kickazz!! It was on an old 40's car, and I don't know what model you have but I vote for 2 tone silver with that purple!! Nice work there Edd, Geof

I got a few more things done besides the engine. Shes ready to flip and get the pan installed, bolt the tranny on and??????????The alt.......Any ideas? leave it? paint it?

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 012.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 013.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 184
purple with a black out hood and a flat black strobe stripe, cool.

Looking good Ed!Personally I would never use a chrome oil pan,for years all I,ve heard is bad news about chasing leaks.I,ve watched friends beat their chrome pans with 4lb sledge hammers.LOL.Just thought I,d mention.Carry on!

Looking good Ed!Personally I would never use a chrome oil pan,for years all I,ve heard is bad news about chasing leaks.I,ve watched friends beat their chrome pans with 4lb sledge hammers.LOL.Just thought I,d mention.Carry on!
Thanks for the heads up scott.....Never thought of a problem. That would suck to have that happen. I have the chrome pan and thought id use it.....Now you got me thinking.......Edd

You stole my thunder. Hope ya like wiping up oil leaks on the garage floor. Ditch the chrome pan for a stock pan that has some thickness to the rails.

Yup it's really nice purple. Should stand out in the usual crowd of hemi orange,plumb crazy etc..Edd,are ya willing to take the alt apart? I like taking a brass wire wheel to em and then just clear coat. Should give a nice,clean natural finish. A wire brush will work as well.

After some good advise from here i decided on putting the stock oil pan on. No chrome. Thanks for the comments everyone.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 004.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 95
Looking great !! I sure miss building an engine, it's been well over 7 years for me.
Good move on the oil pan, I have herd they are junk and crack and leak.

-
Back